Survivor Contest

Timetopay

EOG Master
I had an idea for a contest and we are going to run it here through EOG.

I think it will be hell of a lot of fun and was going to first do it across the way and then battle there vs here but

I dont think a cross forum battle will work as to many road blocks. I also think with the latest hires it will be hard to run a contest there totally that has drama as one of the elements of winning. Here Mo has had some turmoil and thought this may be fun. Anyway...

So here is the concept:

Survivor style/capping/drama

1.We are going to pick two teams either of 8 guys a team or 10 guys a team.

2. Entry fee will be either $50 or $100 decided by group vote

3. I am trying to get BFC to sponsor and add some to the mix.

4. There will be Team A vs Team B survivor rules

5. Each person on each team has to make 10 picks over 3 days.

6. The winning team (% wise) for those 3 days will be safe from voting one of its members off.

7. The losing team for those 3 days will have to vote one of its members off.

8. The only one who can not be voted off is the person who capped the best over those 10 plays.They have immunity

9. This is where the fun comes in. The team now has to vote who to kick off. They can form alliances through the board,pms,emails or whatever.

10. So now it would be 10 vs 9. Repeat the above. Repeat until there is 10 guys left and then combine teams into one.

Anyone who has seen Survior should know how this works.

When it gets down to final two all 18 eliminated will vote on winner on how they played,how they capped,etc.

12io4j2w90

Timetopay

EOG Master
Re: Survior Contest

1.Timely

Hey also put down what you would rather play for $50 or $100 a head

Thanks

Timetopay

EOG Master

1. Timely
2. Shaven
3. TTP

My thought is we can have the meat of it in for March Madness.

Hennessey

EOG Dedicated

I'm down. Might as well share the wealth with you guys instead of always giving it to the books.

benny0420

EOG Dedicated

Im in. Make a Dollar so it's more interesting and profitable.

Timetopay

EOG Master

Fellas this is gonna be fun im telling ya once we get going

RJT,Mo,Quebb,and the rest of ya get in here...

mofome

Banned
Re: Survivor Contest

TTP, if you want a book involved in a post up, please let someone here contact them. This could be fun, no doubt.

Timetopay

EOG Master

Mo daddy

Just wanted a prelim of guys to see if we get the participation.

We may do it even without a book sponsor. I pmd BFC if they had any interest I just want to be able to run the show.

Hopefully they can get two new players to try the book so see if you can make it happen.

$100 a guy times 20 guys

$2000 total $1500 for 1st $500 for 2nd

and whatever BFC will throw on - 30% would be great shit.

PassTheRock

EOG Master

We gotta tweak out the rules a little more though.

What happens if there is a tie for the best capper on the losing team in a given week? I assume all those tied would have immunity.

What if there is a tie in the voting off of a player?

What if at the end og the game, there is a tie in the voting for the final winner? They split the pot. yes?

Which lines would we use to make the bets?

Which sports could we bet on?

You said we would go with winning % to determine the winners, not units. So all plays must be spread, no ML, yes?

I may come up with more, but I just want to make sure everything is covered before we jump into this.

I'm still in. But for $50 the first time around and if all goes smooth and we do it again I'd be in for $100 next round.

PassTheRock

EOG Master

I'm thinking everybody will want to be in for $100. So if that is the case then you can still count me in.

Hennessey

EOG Dedicated

We gotta tweak out the rules a little more though.

What happens if there is a tie for the best capper on the losing team in a given week? I assume all those tied would have immunity.

What if there is a tie in the voting off of a player?

What if at the end og the game, there is a tie in the voting for the final winner? They split the pot. yes?

Which lines would we use to make the bets?

Which sports could we bet on?

You said we would go with winning % to determine the winners, not units. So all plays must be spread, no ML, yes?

I may come up with more, but I just want to make sure everything is covered before we jump into this.

I'm still in. But for $50 the first time around and if all goes smooth and we do it again I'd be in for $100 next round.

What he said

Timetopay

EOG Master

What happens if there is a tie for the best capper on the losing team in a given week? I assume all those tied would have immunity. Correct

What if there is a tie in the voting off of a player? Guy with highest win percentage for contest would move on.

What if at the end og the game, there is a tie in the voting for the final winner? They split the pot. yes? Yes we can do that or we can do final record as tie breaker

Which lines would we use to make the bets? Thats to be determined

Which sports could we bet on? -130 or below any verifable sport

You said we would go with winning % to determine the winners, not units. So all plays must be spread, no ML, yes? No Money lines unless under -130

I'm still in. But for $50 the first time around and if all goes smooth and we do it again I'd be in for $100 next round

mofome

Banned

TTP, posters shouldn't be contacting books. Thats not a good precedent. I wish you had talked with me about this a bit first, I dont think I have ever been all that difficult to speak with about any of your ideas, nor anyone elses.

This could be fun, but it could turn into a mess.

We'll see if we can get enough people to post up and do something, but this isn't a great position that you have put me in.

Life goes on.

Timetopay

EOG Master

once we get all the players rules will be ironed out but anyone who thinks of more shoot them out.

I may not play and just manage it if we get enough guys.

If I do play I will pick someone else to help by collecting votes and shit.

PassTheRock

EOG Master

This is the first time we are doing something like this so I am certain there will be some issues/controversy for a certain situation that may arise that was not covered in the initial rules. If this happens, will there be one person who decides the best way to go forward or will it be put to a vote on how to rectify it?

This is the reason I was thinking $50 was best for the first time around. Then $100 after we have worked out all of the kinks.

Timetopay

EOG Master

TTP, posters shouldn't be contacting books. Thats not a good precedent. I wish you had talked with me about this a bit first, I dont think I have ever been all that difficult to speak with about any of your ideas, nor anyone elses.

This could be fun, but it could turn into a mess.

We'll see if we can get enough people to post up and do something, but this isn't a great position that you have put me in.

Life goes on.

I really dont understand. Ok lets just say no book sponsors.

We just play for the $100 post up. Just gonna need a trustworthy guy to hold it.

We ran two across the street with no mods or books involved and it was fun:+clueless

Teddy kgb

Banned

16-20 guys with 50 or 100..........no chance this will happen, great idea TTP but it wont ever happen.........eog vs. rx would have been AWSOME!!!!!!

Teddy kgb

Banned

Anyway I started a game of Duck Duck Goose you might want in on going at the rubber room south..........

mofome

Banned

I really dont understand. Ok lets just say no book sponsors.

We just play for the $100 post up. Just gonna need a trustworthy guy to hold it.

We ran two across the street with no mods or books involved and it was fun

Yeah but with books involved then we need people who represent the site to make contact.

I will hold the money if you get this thing together. Just tell me what to do with it when its time.

Timetopay

EOG Master

16-20 guys with 50 or 100..........no chance this will happen, great idea TTP but it wont ever happen.........eog vs. rx would have been AWSOME!!!!!!

Teddy problem is guys like you. You left RX to be and EOGer

What team you play for?

It would have been fun but then where do the guys who dont post at one or the other talk.

Someday we will all be one:+excited-

Teddy kgb

Banned

Teddy problem is guys like you. You left RX to be and EOGer

What team you play for?

It would have been fun but then where do the guys who dont post at one or the other talk.

Someday we will all be one:+excited-

best thing TTP would to put 4eog and 4 rx on same team........2 teams........a hell of a lot more drama during and after voting off someone.

PassTheRock

EOG Master

OK, no books. Works for me. I'll send a money order to MO once we decide this is a go.

Although it would be nice to have a book kick in, we dont need that.

It's probably best not to involve any books until we have done this a few times and it runs very smoothy. That way, if there is any drama involved, the books are not being contacted by anybody who is butt-hurt wanting their cash when they think something did not go their way.

Now that I think about it, maybe it's best if the books are not involved at all because of that reason.

Timetopay

EOG Master

OK no books fellas

You can do what you want with the money if you win.

MO can hold it as I have full faith in that and he is out of being in it.

Heres the list so far

1. Timely
2. Shaven
3. TTP
4. Pass the Rock
5. RJT
6. Try Try Try
7. Hennessy
8. Benny
9. Joey Bag

J

joeybagadonuts

Ttp
Pm me directions to send u money for the cookies again. I erased it. Thx.

PassTheRock

EOG Master

Hey Mo,

Would it be possible to set something up so that whatever thread this contest happens to be in, only the participants of the contest are able to post in it? This would eliminate bashing from outsiders.

shdw01

EOG Dedicated

I will volunteer to be the guy that holds the money and collects the votes.....I will be willing to split the contest grading up (everyday sounds like it could be tiring)....

I do not want to play first time around (afraid of these kinks....after the RR bowl contest, I wanna see a trial run first) but I am very interested in this contest.

Not sure I'm a trustworthy enough person for everyone here though....not a mod and not very many eog posts....just saying I'm willing to help.

BOL guys

Timetopay

EOG Master

shwd thanks for the offer but I think for this site it would have to be Mo or OSU for everyone to feel safe.

Shwd its gonna be fun man and there will be no kinks I assure you

mofome

Banned

Could be something great to run in the future and maybe make improvements on. its very interesting.

PTR as for who can post in the thread, I suppose thats up to the group. I think people talking about the contest and chiming in is part of its appeal.

shdw01

EOG Dedicated

shwd thanks for the offer but I think for this site it would have to be Mo or OSU for everyone to feel safe.

Shwd its gonna be fun man and there will be no kinks I assure you

no prob....totally understandable...just lending a helping hand...if you need something let me know.

I think another reason I want to see the trial run is exactly as you stated...this is eog and I am not at all established here (I'm not very established elsewhere either...) and I think I'd be on the shit end of these alliances.

:pop: