Survivor Week 5

Valuist

EOG Master
I'm not in a survivor pool this year but a friend asked for advice. They've already used San Fran, Denver, Carolina and Cincinnati. There's some obvious, logical teams: Tampa, Minnesota, New England, Dallas and Baltimore, who are all favored by 7 or more. The ballsy play? Atlanta. The Jets get their first win, in OT no less, vs Tennessee. The Jets defense was on the field for 93 plays, which is almost the equivalent of a game and a half. Now they get to fly to London. Atlanta is far from any lock, with their terrible D. But will one get a better shot to use them all season?

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I would look at Tenn @ Jax. Can’t believe they would lose to the Jags after losing to the Jets. This Meyer news seems like a major disruption also.

Valuist

EOG Master
I would look at Tenn @ Jax. Can’t believe they would lose to the Jags after losing to the Jets. This Meyer news seems like a major disruption also.

Tenn has a few problems. Cluster injuries at WR. Their O line allowed the Jets to sack Tannehill 7 times. These 0-4 teams are desperate and will likely play hard. I can't trust the Vikings with any degree of confidence. Detroit played good enough to win a week ago vs Balt, and probably should've been much closer in their game at Chicago, when they continually imploded in the red zone. Tampa Bay and Dallas seem to be the two logical choices, with Atlanta as the clear (IMO) under the radar selection.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
The dumbest team in America right now is the Detroit Lions. Minnesota will be my selection for my remaining entry.

dogball

EOG Master
I'm not in a survivor pool this year but a friend asked for advice. They've already used San Fran, Denver, Carolina and Cincinnati. There's some obvious, logical teams: Tampa, Minnesota, New England, Dallas and Baltimore, who are all favored by 7 or more. The ballsy play? Atlanta. The Jets get their first win, in OT no less, vs Tennessee. The Jets defense was on the field for 93 plays, which is almost the equivalent of a game and a half. Now they get to fly to London. Atlanta is far from any lock, with their terrible D. But will one get a better shot to use them all season?
As usual excellent opinion. I hate the falcons but this spot stinks for the jets mistake prone rookie qb vs poor defense should work in Atlanta’s favor And they can move the ball.

dogball

EOG Master
I still like Atlanta to win this by 3 or more. However my best bet is eagles. I posted a few days ago at 4 but I will take 3 and think they win the game. I’ve been posting many winners jat peep not here but the fanduel account very happy with first 4 weeks and had rams tonight. My fortunes will change very soon but eagles are ready for best effort and it’s gonna be enough I think to win gL

railbird

EOG Master
he should use Dallas Cowboys, if circa where you need dallas for thxgiving, i would use NE pats

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Tenn has a few problems. Cluster injuries at WR. Their O line allowed the Jets to sack Tannehill 7 times. These 0-4 teams are desperate and will likely play hard. I can't trust the Vikings with any degree of confidence. Detroit played good enough to win a week ago vs Balt, and probably should've been much closer in their game at Chicago, when they continually imploded in the red zone. Tampa Bay and Dallas seem to be the two logical choices, with Atlanta as the clear (IMO) under the radar selection.
Looks like AJ Brown will be ready. Meanwhile, Atlanta will miss Ridley Sunday along with Gage. The Jets could possibly win 2 in a row.

NE wouldn’t be a bad choice either, not many times you can use them, this week would be one.

Valuist

EOG Master
Looks like AJ Brown will be ready. Meanwhile, Atlanta will miss Ridley Sunday along with Gage. The Jets could possibly win 2 in a row.

NE wouldn’t be a bad choice either, not many times you can use them, this week would be one.

If the Jets win a second in a row, I will have a losing bet. A defense that's on the field for 93 plays for a rare win while in the heat/humiidty of Nashville is not a defense I want to back. WRs are fairly replaceable.

Valuist

EOG Master
I stand corrected; that game was in New York (New Jersey), not Nashville. But it was pretty warm there, almost 80 degrees.

dogball

EOG Master
If the Jets win a second in a row, I will have a losing bet. A defense that's on the field for 93 plays for a rare win while in the heat/humiidty of Nashville is not a defense I want to back. WRs are fairly replaceable.
Add in a travel to Europe which takes toll on beat up bodies. i am Using Atlanta very small and will smile or fall on my sword with the eagles

choslamshe

EOG Master
Vikings for me. Looking ahead to next week and the Bucs at -7 (road vs Philly) looks to be the largest spread. Happy I have them left as I dont think Philly has enough on either end

Ray Luca

EOG Master

I'm in much smaller pool but higher entry fee. Its down to a bakers dozen so my feeling is Baltimore for me. I would definitely roll the dice w Atlanta if I had much more people to beat.
GL

choslamshe

EOG Master
Road team on Thursday night? I would tread lightly.

I hear that..Other glaring option are the Colts at home to the Texans in week 6, but that's gross. If the Texans have to pull one off, Indy stinks...

Arizona gets Houston at home week 7 which is why I have stayed off them to this point and including this week.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
The more I think about this, I think rail’s pick of NE is the way to go. Belichek D’s eat up qbs like Houston’s.

dogball

EOG Master
It’s early and a lot can happen but the jets defense is sluggish af, thank you great alert on this. Not counting the win just yet but ….

Ray Luca

EOG Master
It’s early and a lot can happen but the jets defense is sluggish af, thank you great alert on this. Not counting the win just yet but ….

I'm sure he appreciates your kind words about his handicapping...but a word of wisdom...NEVER say anything until its final.

Valuist

EOG Master
I thought Atlanta absolutely dominated that game. The Jets were basically only in for a chance at a cover due to a big kickoff return and a 45 yard PI. Wilson looked terrible. Got some cheap yards on final drive when Falcon D was trading yards for time off the clock.

dogball

EOG Master
I'm sure he appreciates your kind words about his handicapping...but a word of wisdom...NEVER say anything until its final.
I get it, I mean I even said it, 30 plus years I’ve learned that lesson ages ago. As Valuist said , this was a domination A to Z but even then could have been a non cover

I decided to go with AZ. Cross my fingers to see one or more of these go down (Minny NE TB or Dal). I couldn't imagine taking Dallas today.,

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I thought Atlanta absolutely dominated that game. The Jets were basically only in for a chance at a cover due to a big kickoff return and a 45 yard PI. Wilson looked terrible. Got some cheap yards on final drive when Falcon D was trading yards for time off the clock.
Wilson was a disappointment, especially against a bottom-5 D. Good call on the Falcons.

Ray Luca

EOG Master
I get it, I mean I even said it, 30 plus years I’ve learned that lesson ages ago. As Valuist said , this was a domination A to Z but even then could have been a non cover

Jets cashed 2nd half bet easy. Wasn't such a domination once you posted. Also inches away from a pick 6 right before halftime.

dogball

EOG Master
Jets cashed 2nd half bet easy. Wasn't such a domination once you posted. Also inches away from a pick 6 right before halftime.
Definite connection between my post and level of domination, agreed. I cashed my biggest bet of the season posted above in this thread Friday @- eagles. Looked dead 3/4 but all that matters is the result. Nothing else

Valuist

EOG Master

It actually was pretty dominating. Atlanta led 54 minutes to 0 for the Jets. Total yards 450-230. First downs 28-17 Atlanta TOP Atl 36 minutes to 24. YPP 6.0 to 4.4. And the Jets won turnover battle and had less penalty yards. This was a misleading score. IMO, it was more like a 34-10 game.

Ray Luca

EOG Master
It actually was pretty dominating. Atlanta led 54 minutes to 0 for the Jets. Total yards 450-230. First downs 28-17 Atlanta TOP Atl 36 minutes to 24. YPP 6.0 to 4.4. And the Jets won turnover battle and had less penalty yards. This was a misleading score. IMO, it was more like a 34-10 game.

I saw but you wouldn't want a friend calling you in the 2nd quarter saying great pick.