Survivor Week 8

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Re: Survivor Week 8

Bills gave a Super Bowl showing Sunday. The spilled their guts out and lost in OT and now has to play B2B on the road against a team that now believes they can win the Division and is nasty at home

Chefs - EASY

HOWEVER - in MOST pools well over 50% of all people will be on them and in my 21 person pool I expect at least 15 and closer to 18 people to be on the Chefs

IF Bouman was starting for the Jags I might consider the Cowgirls
Rams is tempting
I have the Pats but MIGHT need them next week @ Browns because the ONE pick that stands out in Week 9 is Atlanta and I no longer have them and Pats have FV down the line

Chefs have FV in Week 11 vs Zona but that week also gives us Cincy (Buff) and Pitt (Oak)

I am 99% sure I will be on the Chefs this week

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated

I burnt the Chiefs last week. My options that I'm considering are New England, Jets, Indy or Dallas.

My pool started with 280, after last week's massacre, 40 were eliminated, thus 59 left. I have 4 of 59 picks, top prize is $10,000. I tipped toed through the mine field with 4 picks on KC last week. This week I my spread them around, I lean 2 on Jets, 1 on NE, and 1 on Indy....but we shall see.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

I burnt the Chiefs last week. My options that I'm considering are New England, Jets, Indy or Dallas.

My pool started with 280, after last week's massacre, 40 were eliminated, thus 59 left. I have 4 of 59 picks, top prize is $10,000. I tipped toed through the mine field with 4 picks on KC last week. This week I my spread them around, I lean 2 on Jets, 1 on NE, and 1 on Indy....but we shall see.

My pool started with 98 and has 21 left and should be 10 had Buffalo beaten the Ravens - like they should have

Shame on you for NOT looking ahead some. I liked the Chefs last week but looked ahead to this week and saw the Chefs had better value in Week 8 than Week 7

I WOULD STRONGLY advise you to look ahead 3 weeks - thru Week 10

I don't have Atlanta (Week 2) but I sooooooooo wish I had them for NEXT week. Week 10 is BRUTAL and while there is NO guarantee you will make it that far I would STRONGLY advise planning out the next 3 weeks because failure to do so might very well cost you. I say that because Weeks 9 and 10 are tough if you DON'T have Atlanta in Week 9

I hate taking ROAD teams but Week 9 I am almost forced to do so with Ne (@ Cle) or NYJ (@ Det) unless I can make a case for GB (HOSTING Dallass)

I would advise mapping out the rest of the season and seeing what you plan on doing the rest of the way. You are NOT "married" to those picks but better to see potential landmines coming up so you can plan around them then be caught shorthanded and have to make a pick you wouldn't have made if you had planned ahead.

So far this season I have used: Chic, Atl, Minny, SD, Det, NYG and Seat.......Using Det and moving on with them is HUGE - it moved me on with a less than top notch team I would probably never use again and aloow me to save better teams for later

I still have NOT used: NE, NYJ, Indy, Balt, Mia, NO, Pitt, KC, GB and Cincy (HOME games with Buff and Cle coming up)...........

I count 10 QUALITY teams (or spots) and 10 weeks left. I like my chances here of going deep in my pool - all because I planned ahead! Do the same!

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated

Thanks for the insight, winkyduck. I usually start mapping out if I can make it to week 10. But I now see week 9 and 10 is going to be very tough. I will be sure to take a closer look at things for this week before I submit my plays. I'll keep you, and the board posted.

My picks are as follows:

#1 TEN, GB, NE, NOR, BAL, PIT, KC

#2 NYG, GB, NE, NOR, BAL, PIT, KC

#3 TEN, GB, NE, NOR, BAL, NYG, KC

#4 TEN, GB, BAL, NOR, IND, PIT, KC

In our pool, thus far, 23 of 59 have submitted their plays. The plays are not locked in until kickoff Sunday.

Results - This Pool Only

23 total picks
<TABLE class="std results"><TBODY><TR><TH></TH><TH>Team</TH><TH>Picks</TH><TH>Picks</TH></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD class=" tl">Chiefs </TD><TD>43.5% </TD><TD>10</TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD class=" tl">Jets </TD><TD>21.7% </TD><TD>5</TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD class=" tl">Patriots </TD><TD>13.0% </TD><TD>3</TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD class=" tl">Colts </TD><TD>8.7% </TD><TD>2</TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD class=" tl">Cowboys </TD><TD>4.3% </TD><TD>1</TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD class=" tl">Rams </TD><TD>4.3% </TD><TD>1</TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD class=" tl">Chargers </TD><TD>4.3% </TD><TD>1</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated

watching the OT at KC/Buffalo was some of the most gut wrenching football I've ever seen, while participating in my pool over the years. We started the day with 59, 17 were out with the Jets, 2 were out with Dallas, 1 had Denver, and 29 had KC. So 20 were already gone by the time the OT started, including 2 of mine on the Jets. So I'm rooting for Buffalo, to bring the total down to 10! Buffalo's clock management near the end was awful. Their final possession, they threw 3 incomplete passes, ran off only about 10 seconds off the clock, punted to give KC the ball at their 31 yard line with about 1:05 left, no time outs either. I was hoping that Buffalo would at least play for the tie, if they couldn't win. As you know KC won, which made my Jets loss that more painful. The end result is in my pool, there's 39 left, and I have 2 picks remaining. tough weeks coming up as Winkyduck previously stated. Good luck to all!

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

my pool almooooooooooooooooooooooost came to an end

21 heading into the week

4 Jets
3 Cowgirls
1 Bungals

1 person took Miami - and won

12 Chefs. IF Chefs don't get that last second FG my pool woulda gone from 21 to 1

I was furious at myself for taking the #1 overall pick - I hate doing it - and not taking the Rams when I saw them winning