TACK-ONS

Tuckman

Uh Poster
Re: TACK-ONS

my guess is teams are running up the score and fucking with peoples lines/spreads

ahem the last bama TD, 60 yard scamper 2348ji23e

newport2

EOG Dedicated

my guess is teams are running up the score and fucking with peoples lines/spreads

ahem the last bama TD, 60 yard scamper 2348ji23e
Tuck, a tack-on is an old bookmaking term for followers that chase steam and line moves laying bad #s. One day or a few games won't get them, but a whole season or seasons will.

IHaveBeenAround

EOG Addicted

Some of these line moves are ridiculous. They are chasing the sharp side into oblivion - straight into key numbers creating value on the cold side. Oklahoma -13.5b, Alabama -7b, Wiscy +3.5, Tex Tech -7b or -6.5.b

All easy to say now, but there was tremendous value on these cold sides/teams whether they won or lost was irrelevant.

I mean really. Where do these idiots come from, betting the games on the screen at 2-3 pts worse?

Bookmaking never seemed easier than it did today.

cheapseats

EOG Master

Cold side, now that is one interesting way to define the line movement. I have always been in the camp that as one side loses value, the other gains.....now I have a way to describe it............NICE

IHaveBeenAround

EOG Addicted

I just mean the cold side to be the side opposite of the sharp side, or the whatever side everyone thinks is the sharp side. Today the sharp sides looked didn't fare too well, but the sharp side of Uconn might of been a fake. If it was, it was the mother of all fakes you can believe that.

rainbow

EOG Master

steak, the bad thing is you can't deal faces anymore. Happy New Year.
That will NEVER come to a end, if I don't RESPECT the play I'm not moving the line period....... and I'm sure not in the dry moving business... dry line movers left a lot of money in the window yesterday...

rainbow

EOG Master

Some of these line moves are ridiculous. They are chasing the sharp side into oblivion - straight into key numbers creating value on the cold side. Oklahoma -13.5b, Alabama -7b, Wiscy +3.5, Tex Tech -7b or -6.5.b

All easy to say now, but there was tremendous value on these cold sides/teams whether they won or lost was irrelevant.

I mean really. Where do these idiots come from, betting the games on the screen at 2-3 pts worse?

Bookmaking never seemed easier than it did today.
You would be SURPRIZED by how many BOOKMAKERS simply dry moved all those games or moved the lines off some that have absolutely no chance to WIN LONGTERM......

newport2

EOG Dedicated

That will NEVER come to a end, if I don't RESPECT the play I'm not moving the line period....... and I'm sure not in the dry moving business... dry line movers left a lot of money in the window yesterday...
Rainbow, what I was alluding to was that in the old days you could deal a game(on the horn) like Alabama with 3 different prices. -9.5 (squares with no other outs), 8(squares with other outs), +7.5(tack-on players and late steam chasers). License to steal.

steak tartar

EOG Dedicated

Rainbow, what I was alluding to was that in the old days you could deal a game(on the horn) like Alabama with 3 different prices. -9.5 (squares with no other outs), 8(squares with other outs), +7.5(tack-on players and late steam chasers). License to steal.
it was a thing of beauty.....sharp offices could middle players occaisonally.......damn internets

IHaveBeenAround

EOG Addicted

Rainbow, what was up with all that OU money, then the UCONN blast right near post? That was the craziest line move I've ever seen on a New Years day bowl game with no injury info.