Tacko Time....

Heim

EOG Master
He looked decent last night for Danny Ainge and company.....and I'll reiterate what Dakich said.....like Boban with the 76ers,
Tacko could impact in the playoffs for 8-12 minutes. He changed a few shots last night.

Heim

EOG Master
Agility is impressive for a man his size

Yep. And as they commented last night he is well portioned for 7' 7" and carries himself like a athlete
not a freak show. It's going to be a tough decision for Ainge.

kane

EOG master
Tacko has actually played well in every game in the Summer League, I've watched every Celtics game and I've been impressed, he has more mobility than I thought, and some decent lateral quickness, The Celtics waived Yabusele, which could possibly open the door for Tacko to make the team. FWIW, Brad Stevens has been very complimentary of him when he's talked about him

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Probably no coincidence that tacos are just a buck at Burger King.

They don't come close in quality nor look compared to what's advertised though.

1562997695541.png

Last edited by a moderator:

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
He will have a much better NBA career than Bol Bol

Bol is a STIFF who is as stupid as he is tall. Bol won't be in the league for the 2021-22 season and beyond

Hate to root for a Celtics player but I'd like to see Tacko NOT Fall

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I was surprised he went undrafted.

Good test of Don Eagleston's eye.

He said he saw Tacko play live and he cannot compete at the NBA level.

kane

EOG master
Tako is a stiff! I've seen him play live. Couldn't dominate AAC or even come close.

You haven't seen him play in the Summer League, if you had you wouldn't call him a stiff. I realize it's the Summer League, but he's played very well, he has more mobility than you're giving him credit for

MrTop

EOG Master
taco moves better than murasan, ..probably better than Bol. better than Bradley ? it has been a long time.. . Just looking at it real quick you think he is playing against 6th graders.

kane

EOG master
I only saw clips... how did he look on defense?

As you would expect, he blocks a lot of shots, he's better defensively than I expected, he's got some decent lateral movement, and is pretty mobile. Of course this is just Summer League, I think he has a ways to go, but he has a chance to be a pretty decent player

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
You haven't seen him play in the Summer League, if you had you wouldn't call him a stiff. I realize it's the Summer League, but he's played very well, he has more mobility than you're giving him credit for

Good point, Kane.

I cited Tacko's work on his body after his college season ended.

Everyone is a work in progress.

EOG contributor Don Eagleston has a good opinion.

Will be fun to follow.

Heim

EOG Master
Celtics have one open spot on the roster and Fran Fraschilla commented last night he thinks it will go to Tacko.

ChuckyG

EOG Master
He will have a much better NBA career than Bol Bol

Bol is a STIFF who is as stupid as he is tall. Bol won't be in the league for the 2021-22 season and beyond

Hate to root for a Celtics player but I'd like to see Tacko NOT Fall

I'm surprised that BBol slipped so far in the draft. When he DECLARED for draft, I thought he KNEW that he was a lottery lock. If he was going to go that low, might as well stay at Oregon + try to get to a Final 4.

I've watched a lot of Tacko Fall video. I know the weaknesses, in particular the bad FT%. He got stronger + better wind.

Ask ZionW if he thinks Tacko can play. I couldn't BELIEVE Tacko wasn't drafted. I believe his defensive impact will be similar to Jim McIlvaine (who made A LOT of $$).

I just can't see how Tacko doesn't have a role in the NBA. His Points Saved defensively has to rate. And his Offensive FG% close to the rim has to be worth something.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
I'm surprised that BBol slipped so far in the draft. When he DECLARED for draft, I thought he KNEW that he was a lottery lock. If he was going to go that low, might as well stay at Oregon + try to get to a Final 4.

I've watched a lot of Tacko Fall video. I know the weaknesses, in particular the bad FT%. He got stronger + better wind.

Ask ZionW if he thinks Tacko can play. I couldn't BELIEVE Tacko wasn't drafted. I believe his defensive impact will be similar to Jim McIlvaine (who made A LOT of $$).

I just can't see how Tacko doesn't have a role in the NBA. His Points Saved defensively has to rate. And his Offensive FG% close to the rim has to be worth something.

Bol was only gonna be a "One and Done" wherever he went to HS. I am 100% sure when he got injured and knew he would be out for the season he stopped attending classes. Not that he attended them a lot when he was there. Bol declared for the draft because he wouldn't have ever been academically eligible for next season. There is a reason he attended a ZILLION High Schools. Wanna guess what that reason is? There is no way to put into words how stupid he is.

I don't see him lasting more than 2 years in the NBA. If that. He needs to put on at least 50 pounds of muscle and I don't see that happening. I hate to say it but when he is done playing in the NBA and he is barely 21 life is really gonna suck for him because he has no education or skills to fall back on.

I hate to say it but it wont shock me one single bit if he never makes 30 years-old.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Jim McIlvaine made a lot of money for a guy who averaged fewer than three points per game in more than 400 NBA contests.

kane

EOG master
boston signs taco and rang the bell

I am going on record. The next shak

Boston signed him to a contract, but it doesn't mean he's on the team, he'll be on the training camp roster with a chance to make the club, but it's far from a guarantee

Rim protectors have such minimal value in the NBA. You can't just do that. Tacko would have been a lottery pick in the NBA of the past but the game has changed so much. That's why Bol Bol is not a bad prospect for a 2nd rounder. His game is about the modern NBA. Sure he could put on some weight and an NBA staff can make that happen to a degree, but he's had this body for a long time and if he tries to conform to a body type and it ends up costing him some of his skills, well then he's sure to be out of the NBA. Remains to be seen what he can do at the pro level, but you have to admit a guy who has range out to 3 is intriguing. If he can really knock down that shot he will force an opponents big out to where he's completely neutralized or opponents will put a smaller guy on him and he can exploit that advantage in other ways. His real concern is on the defensive end, that is what may keep him from ever seeing an NBA floor.