Tampa Bay Race 8 (2/13/19)

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
I’m sure you’re going to have idiots justify that in their own minds that it wasn’t on purpose.

Well a horse travels fast and any slight movement you’ll get caught off balance,,, blah blah

Professionals who do this for a living you fucking idiots, it was on purpose.

michael777

EOG Dedicated
Yeah,it was on purpose you fucking moron! The horse was on the lead,Danny would risk being trampled on by every single horse behind him by doing it on purpose,if he was going to stiff,there are 10 million easier ways to do it,you are a dumb fucking liberal

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
They have insurance too. Kill 2 birds with one stone. Doesn’t have to jockey ever again. He can live comfortably collecting...

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Let’s really analyze this video. #1 first and foremost, the horse did absolutely nothing until after the fact.

Now that’s out of the way we go to movement and balance. This is where the debate comes in.

I mean it is possible he completely put himself off balance when he was trying to do whatever the fuck he was doing but man, I tell you. Looks fucked up to me. I’m not an expert at horse riding though.

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
Omg. How can people possibly say it’s on purpose?! There’s a million ways that a jockey can fix a race..fall off the horse right out of the gate... take a speed horse off the pace—- etc etc. this would be The dumbest way to fix a race ever

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Just watched the full replay at the Tampa Bay Downs website.

Track announcer Richard Grunder is awful but he delivered a good line in his distinctive voice ("God bless our riders") shortly after the spill.

Order of finish: 10-3-5-7-4.

Winner was 99/1 (actually 113/1) and second-place finisher was 69/1.

Good news: Both horse and jockey are okay.

R Baby Driver swerved badly in deep stretch but was not injured.

Daniel Centeno suffered a leg bruise but did not incur a serious injury.

Centeno somersaulted twice after hitting the ground and his helmet cover was knocked off by a trailing horse.

Lucky escape.

One other note: Downgrade the power rating of IWishIWasAPro by a full three points.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I'll give him another listen.

I like his voice, not his calls.

I'll listen to all of yesterday's races.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Grunder is terrible.

Here's what he does: He will call the first three or four horses early in the race, ignore the rest of the field and then say, "And the last horse away is …."

Former NYRA announcer Marshall Cassidy, who mentioned every horse WITH MARGINS early in a race, would give Grunder low marks.

Grunder is easily confused when three or four horses are charging for the wire (Blew the finish of yesterday's fifth race).

blueline

EOG Master
I must not pay close enough attention...I watch a lot of races on mute...maybe I'm getting softer as I get older

blueline

EOG Master
Centeno has a few stakes mounts Saturday including one on a 7/5 chalk...I can see him jumping off in front of the field approaching the wire