Test Your CFB Knowledge....

Heim

EOG Master
This team has the most returning starters in Power 5 conferences yet is only projected to win half their games.

Who is it?

railbird

EOG Master
Stacked means competitive top to bottom...with the exception of ORE & WAS...North has nothing.

stan and wazzu neutral field chalks over asu,az,ucla, colorado. and would, will beat usc. wazzu hasnt lost to utah in long time. cal injured last yr, under radar good this yr

Heim

EOG Master
stan and wazzu neutral field chalks over asu,az,ucla, colorado. and would, will beat usc. wazzu hasnt lost to utah in long time. cal injured last yr, under radar good this yr

I think you're still reading last years football magazines.....

Biff41

EOG Dedicated
Have a query about Wildcats. Does anyone have odds line on Ariz vs Hawaii; Aug 24 opener? Toss me a cookie here JK if u have any info.

Have a query about Wildcats. Does anyone have odds line on Ariz vs Hawaii; Aug 24 opener? Toss me a cookie here JK if u have any info.

UA -11 at almost every book

Plus money might be a decent play imo-UA has had a messy camp and there’s a lot of grumbling from alumni and boosters concerning Sumlins drinking

Heim

EOG Master
Utah, SC and Arizona are all top 25 teams. UA has Tate and all their skill guys back. Stanford and Cal are way down this year. Stanford is 33/1 to win Pac-12. Cal not far behind.

Utah, SC and Arizona are all top 25 teams. UA has Tate and all their skill guys back. Stanford and Cal are way down this year. Stanford is 33/1 to win Pac-12. Cal not far behind.

Arizona lost all their WR's and their O line is garbage. Other than a one month stretch 2 years ago Tate has been mediocre. AZ D line looks like it might be awful. We disagree on them being a top 25 team.

Heim

EOG Master
Arizona lost all their WR's and their O line is garbage. Other than a one month stretch 2 years ago Tate has been mediocre. AZ D line looks like it might be awful. We disagree on them being a top 25 team.

Here’s where Arizona gets a significant upgrade. They go from 1 returning starter last year to 4 this year. In addition, the Arizona beat writer(s) seem fairly confident that their two highly touted JC transfers, Josh Donovan and Paiton Fears, will (eventually) start this season. Which means this position group could be upgraded even further.

Tate has been mediocre.

As you know Tate had a season long ankle injury and they still led Pac-12 in offense.

Here’s where Arizona gets a significant upgrade. They go from 1 returning starter last year to 4 this year. In addition, the Arizona beat writer(s) seem fairly confident that their two highly touted JC transfers, Josh Donovan and Paiton Fears, will (eventually) start this season. Which means this position group could be upgraded even further.

As you know Tate had a season long ankle injury and they still led Pac-12 in offense.

I guess we shall see how the season plays out. I tried to warn you on the AZ hoops team last year

Dont be surprised if Tate loses his job sometime fairly early to true freshman QB Gunnell. A lot of whispers that Tate and the new staff have a toxic relationship

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated
This team has the most returning starters in Power 5 conferences yet is only projected to win half their games.

Who is it?
Bad perspective to use in capping teams. Returning starter

Who is it?
It's a bad way to cap football imo in using returning starters to create a number. Use returning production and that should help quite alot. UCLA has 71% of returning production which is right outside the top 25. WMU has the most with 85% and Fresno has the lowest at 54ish%.
I think its very easy to buy in to the returning starter mold in UCLA, Tennessee and Nebraska but also just as easy to see that those starters were downright awful at times last year. Failure is easier to duplicate than overcome. Uconn had 9 returning starters on the worst defense in the history of college football last season..

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Bad perspective to use in capping teams. Returning starter

It's a bad way to cap football imo in using returning starters to create a number. Use returning production and that should help quite alot. UCLA has 71% of returning production which is right outside the top 25. WMU has the most with 85% and Fresno has the lowest at 54ish%.
I think its very easy to buy in to the returning starter mold in UCLA, Tennessee and Nebraska but also just as easy to see that those starters were downright awful at times last year. Failure is easier to duplicate than overcome. Uconn had 9 returning starters on the worst defense in the history of college football last season..
UCLA is a hard one to figure. Wouldn't they get a little bump now they are in a second season with that system, and are getting players to fit it?

Nebraska, probably the same viewpoint, but they had some success at the end of the season. That should help players buy in.

Just thinking out loud, always like reading your stuff.

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated
I think both are upgraded but to frame them as they are back is premature. I could be wrong but UCLA is a 6 win team doubling last year. Nebraska plays the easiest schedule I think I've seen in ages and I like them fine. Tennessee is the ultimate wildcard for me. All 3 are deemed top 35 minimum I'd wager 2 of them dont belong or end up there by years end.

railbird

EOG Master
Chip kelly had very good assitants at oregon, no longer, this reminds me of joe gibbs and jon gruden 2nd stints, you cant put jeannie back in bottle, and main reason won is nike camp pipeline payola in Texas, they got every 5 star speedster in nation. Now they have a qb that cant play catch and spread field, they lost starting tackle anderson for yr today. They play sooners, at wazzu sdsu, dont have to win at cincy. I only see 2 potential gimmies, no way they win 7 imo, likely 3 or maybe 4 if they get some bounces

ComptrBob

EOG Master

2019 AP preseason Top 25 poll just released. FWIW, only Utah (14) from the South is ranked. Oregon (11), Washington (13), WSU (23), and Stanford (25) from the North.