The $10,000 EOG Invitational-- Who's making it in?

KingRevolver

Born Rambler
In case you didn't listen to the radio show tonight.

This football season EOG is giving back to the posters! EOG is hosting a 16-poster, bracket-style football 'capping contest!

$5K to the 1st place winner

&

$5K to the charity of his choice

It's invitation only-- so PM Tucker if you want to be a participant-- or start sucking up to me and maybe I can get you in. I prefer the latter.

Cheapseats is the first poster to be officially invited. Tucker will announce the lineup next week!

KingRevolver

Born Rambler
Re: EOG's $10K Football Invitational-- Who's making it in?

First poster to PM Tucker?

-200 PO69
+100 ttwarior
+150 Octoman ghost
+500 Field

I hope I can get my CassiusClay ghost into this one.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

Pay the field :btj:

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

PO must be asleep then. Goddammit.

EasyGoer45

EOG Veteran

I would gladly participate if chosen.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

We should have an eclectic mix of 'cappers and loyal posters.

truthseeker

EOG Addicted

I would like to be in, but how is it going to run and for how long will it run?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

I would like to be in, but how is it going to run and for how long will it run?

Event will begin Friday, September 16.

The championship match will take place Friday, December 23.

The winner must survive four head-to-head handicapping showdowns (opening round, quarters, semis and championship match).

Should be fun.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Official name: The $10,000 EOG Inviational.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Event will begin Friday, September 16.

The championship match will take place Friday, December 23.

The winner must survive four head-to-head handicapping showdowns (opening round, quarters, semis and championship match).

Should be fun.

Yeah, I can't wait to see the final line-up.

choslamshe

EOG Master
Re: The $10,000 EOG Inviational-- Who's making it in?

Crazy generous. I doubt i would ever be "selected" for such a contest, but that won't stop me from saying "i'm interested"

PalmTree

EOG Dedicated

This could be the stupidest idea I've ever heard. You're picking sixteen posters, and basically telling all the other posters to fuck off. Why would they ever support EOG again? If I was an active poster here, which I'm not, and interested in participating, which I'm not, I wouldn't support a site that didn't give me a chance. This will be the only contest ever run that pays out a lot of money and in the end runs off a ton of posters.

Prickly Pete

EOG Veteran

This could be the stupidest idea I've ever heard. You're picking sixteen posters, and basically telling all the other posters to fuck off. Why would they ever support EOG again? If I was an active poster here, which I'm not, and interested in participating, which I'm not, I wouldn't support a site that didn't give me a chance. This will be the only contest ever run that pays out a lot of money and in the end runs off a ton of posters.

I disagree. I won't be chosen, nor do I want to be, but if the posters that are active on this site (Munson, AA, Cassius, etc) are the ones in the field I'll not only enjoy following the contest, but I'll also be interested in seeing what their plays are. You don't really believe all of the posters on this site are deserving of a chance to play for $5000 without contributing do you?

tripp

EOG Master

In if i can face RJ or TTP in the first round.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

I dont think anyone will run away..it will be a fun thread, some picks, banter, it will be a good one.

pvcpipe

EOG Master

This could be the stupidest idea I've ever heard. You're picking sixteen posters, and basically telling all the other posters to fuck off. Why would they ever support EOG again? If I was an active poster here, which I'm not, and interested in participating, which I'm not, I wouldn't support a site that didn't give me a chance. This will be the only contest ever run that pays out a lot of money and in the end runs off a ton of posters.[/QUOTE

Palmtree is out.

Iona

EOG Dedicated

I am with Pete and T-3 on this one. It will be enjoyable irregardless of whom is selected.

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

Id play if selected

pvcpipe

EOG Master

Saw that I had a PM. But it wasn't an invitation. It was spam from a tout.

So I guess it was kind of an invitation. To join his service. :shoot::shoot:

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

I think those of us who have shown our capping prowess here already by getting third in this year's NBA playoff contest deserve a look. :pop:

Love the idea though. Any chance we can get even a $250 one for next year's golf majors? First round is the Masters, second round the US Open, etc. That'd be sweet.

Thanks for the content, guys. Looking forward to it whether I'm picked or not.

:btj:

texaswizzard

EOG Dedicated

Put Meatman and Gary Greene in the contest so we can see them fall flat on their faces.:LMAO

EOG has once again gone over the top for it's body of guests and posters...What a great chance to have a lot of fun with the contest, but also great prizes to be awarded...Please, to the winner, and the gift of charity, think about mans best friend and have the charity do something for the good of dogs...

Don't think I have a shot of winning a seat but will follow closely as I always do...Not much for making posts but I'm always around keeping up to date on the G...

Good luck to the winners, and once again thank you EOG for your generousity...

Put Meat and Greene on the same night. High entertainment.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

I nominate off the top of my head:

Fishhead
Try3
Weinke
Pipe
Jeff
Tripp

I'm sure there's plenty more that is also deserving but this would be a good start. Tuck will get the right guys in there, he's got a good feel for who does what around here. Good luck gents.

Mammon

EOG Master

Not sure why it would not be open to all but good luck to the loyal suck ups in this contest.

JerseyShop101

EOG Dedicated

I'd like to see High Times, Irish Tim, and Rainbow in the contest. They could all be on the same exact game and still argue (hehe, just kidding!) err, I mean discuss why the game is a play for them. Seriously. :)

But also lots of great posters above, and guys like Heim, BuffetGambler etc. who also share their knowledge and plays in the forum.

I'd like to wish everyone a successful football season.

:cheers

FISHHEAD

EOG Master
Re: The $10,000 EOG Invitational-- Who's making it in?

FANTASTIC IDEA!!

Kudos to the brass at EOG

:cheers

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

I dont think anyone will run away..it will be a fun thread, some picks, banter, it will be a good one.

Palmer is just mad because he knows he would never have been selected for this contest. This is his way of dealing with it. If it were open to everyone- he'd be right in it. He needs poker funds to lose.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

I think those of us who have shown our capping prowess here already by getting third in this year's NBA playoff contest deserve a look. :pop:

Love the idea though. Any chance we can get even a $250 one for next year's golf majors? First round is the Masters, second round the US Open, etc. That'd be sweet.

Thanks for the content, guys. Looking forward to it whether I'm picked or not.

At least someone appreciates the idea whether picked or not. EOG is trying to do something fun. We want an eclectic mix of 'cappers and loyal posters-- a way of giving back. We don't want some fly-by-night contest whore to win this.

texaswizzard

EOG Dedicated

Have 8 posters and 8 handicrappers square off. that way we have one pro, cough, cough against one of us posters.

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

One thing I will say: if Jeff Jones, Meaty, and/or POS69 get invited and I don't, I'm gonna burn this motherfucker down!

:btj:

I nominate the following:
Myself, obviously
Pipe
Tripp
Fishhead
Tim
High Times
Almost Alright
Munson
Cassius

Those are a few names that come to mind of posters that I've seen either post regularly, stick through this place when it didn't work any better than SSI's computer, and/or participate in the post up contests.

More than anything I wanna see the Tim vs High Times first round matchup though. :LMAO

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

At least someone appreciates the idea whether picked or not. EOG is trying to do something fun. We want an eclectic mix of 'cappers and loyal posters-- a way of giving back. We don't want some fly-by-night contest whore to win this.

Kinger, I also think it's a great thing you all are doing. My only comment (other than great job) is make it tout free. Right smack dab in the middle of an upcoming vacation so I will kindly withdraw my name from any considerations but I give the site props for doing this, looks like it will be one of the better one's offered this year. Well done guys.

bomzee

EOG Dedicated

I am looking forward to this contest and think it has a great design. It is a win-win situation.A free shot at the participants for 5 thousand, promoting eog and its products and sponsors and further benefiting a charity for 5 thousand and giving exposure to many other worthwhile charities is something everyone can be very proud of especially the contest promoters..To the listeners we can refine the info and picks and should be able to make some damn good bets during the process. I like alot the invite only format and trust that the inviters will use their limited choices extremely wisely. :cheers

2W2P2S

EOG Dedicated

Railbird wants in. He's chosen The Human Fund as his charity.