THE 80-0 BASEBALL SYSTEM

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Re: THE 80-0 BASEBALL SYSTEM

and the SAD PART is you waiting a year to bash the guy......get a life....you left out the part about his interl plays and his NBA finals plays that CRUSHED didnt you ? so you would still be way up even if you lose this tonight

Ah .. we hooked a sucker. BTW, I had an error in the post above, the two game chase for 2011 is only down -8.06u, not -9.06u.

So, exactly what contribution have you made to the thread? I found errors in the orignal post as stated, it is not 80-0, rather 78-2, and clear data mining by ignoring the first 3 years of the wild card system (ole Ned claimed to have only 10 years of data!).

Finally, WTF, does the NBA finals have to do with this system? I know its difficult, but at least stay on topic for God's sake.

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

Bob seems to be the record keeper guy, I really dont want to re-read this thread

what was the number of units this was up at 78-2, I take it it never was 80-0 if I remember. I realize these are fantasy plus units since no one could retroactively bet those games.

And if the Rays lose, how many units has it blown since being posted?

And I forgot Red Sox could never have been a play this year since they faced a playoff team, Texas. Although technically, according to Ned,we were supposed to bet on both teams.

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

Mr Smith

We are all still waiting for you to post a winning play. If you are unable to post any evidence that you know what your talking about, then stay out of Ned's thread. From an outsider like me your reactions make you look like a jealous fool that can't take the fact that you have been challenged and you are completely out of your league. Do us all a favor and please leave.

By the way , we don't care what you have to say so start your own thread and maybe someone there may actually give 2 shits.

LOL had not seen this. Can we give it its own thread and sticky it up top?

dangerous waters to point out the golden pick provider du jour has no clothes, but this thread was just ridiculous from the get go

ComptrBob

EOG Master

what was the number of units this was up at 78-2, I take it it never was 80-0 if I remember. I realize these are fantasy plus units since no one could retroactively bet those games.

And if the Rays lose, how many units has it blown since being posted?

And I forgot Red Sox could never have been a play this year since they faced a playoff team, Texas. Although technically, according to Ned,we were supposed to bet on both teams.

To briefly review, the system is only 80-0 from 1999 onward if you apply Ned's after the fact "bet both sides" rule. He "invented" this after I pointed out that if the system passed on all games between two playoff teams, there were two incidences Cubs (1999) and Mets (2000) where the first 4 "non-conflicted" games in a row were lost. Best case for Ned is that we accept the new rule even though it is obvious datamining. Statistically only the out-of-sample data is uncontaminated and therefore that is all that can be considered mathematically.

Also, there is out-of-sample data from 1996 to 1998 which Ned excluded because he "only had data for 10 years". The record for these 3 years was 22-2 with losses of Bos (-25.5u) and StL (-22.3u) for a net loss of -25.8u.

Now we also have 3 years of out-of-sample data from the original post. The system has gone 23-1, the total TB loss was -34.42u resulting in a net -11.42u.

Putting all the out-of-sample data together we have 45-3, net -37.22u. This is the statistically significant result of the system.

And yes, if the Red Sox had made the 2010 playoffs, the system would have been to bet both sides (since Texas did make the 2010 playoffs).

2W2P2S

EOG Dedicated

Isn't this why we do this? Now a 36 unit play, that gets the blood pumpin. Let's do this!

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

well we are in uncharted territory. the infallible amazin system is hemorrhaging units. Today it was 36 Monopoly units on Rays.

Time for me to make a pick. Thursday 72 Mickey Mouse units on Rays

ouch

EOG Dedicated

I think that Ned has had some excellent systems in the past. This was not one of them. I am not a fan of any kind of "chase system", so I was not on board with this.

However, I am sure that CompBob has the results of the last three years of Bracketbuster Saturday, and that he would be more than willing to step up and share them with us. Those who followed that system made a shitload of money. I know I did.

Some of his systems have been great. Some have been lousy. Anytime I can make money following somebody, I am more than satisfied.

Even if Ned turned into a petulant child in the end. That's his right though. I was hoping he would stick around.....but so be it.

Joboarder

EOG Veteran

well we are in uncharted territory. the infallible amazin system is hemorrhaging units. Today it was 36 Monopoly units on Rays.

Time for me to make a pick. Thursday 72 Mickey Mouse units on Rays

where are your baseball picks posted ?

I forgot about this system :LMAO:LMAO

I wonder if joboarder and ned are the same guy. None of these posters actually play with real money anyway.

Joboarder

EOG Veteran

I wonder if joboarder and ned are the same guy. None of these posters actually play with real money anyway.
this coming from a guy that does not even know how to place wagers at 5 dimes larger than 50 bucks

Joboarder

EOG Veteran

I am having a hard time finding your baseball picks Ruca....how about a link to them ???

Joboarder

EOG Veteran

I am having a hard time finding your baseball picks Ruca....how about a link to them ???<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

absolutvodka999

EOG Addicted

"Putting all the out-of-sample data together we have 45-3, net -37.22u. This is the statistically significant result of the system." -37 units. nice system

ComptrBob

EOG Master

I think that Ned has had some excellent systems in the past. This was not one of them. I am not a fan of any kind of "chase system", so I was not on board with this.

However, I am sure that CompBob has the results of the last three years of Bracketbuster Saturday, and that he would be more than willing to step up and share them with us. Those who followed that system made a shitload of money. I know I did.

Some of his systems have been great. Some have been lousy. Anytime I can make money following somebody, I am more than satisfied.

Even if Ned turned into a petulant child in the end. That's his right though. I was hoping he would stick around.....but so be it.

I have not tracked Ned's bracketbuster system, I have no idea why you would think I have. Virtually every trend based system is different, Ned may well have developed some successful ones. His sloppy methodology exhibited with this system leds me to be skeptical of his abilities to develop statistically valid trends and avoid confounding parameters and excessive datamining.

The only statistically valid way to know if his systems are successful in the long term is to measure out-of-sample performance with large sample sizes. It is too bad that he appears to have learned little from my discussion and criticism of his statistical methods, but that is par for the course on many forums.

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

I trusted Lucky Ned and his 80-0 gambling system. He and his sharp devotees won me over. Now there is nothing left. I went to every Wal-Mart in 3 counties and bought up every Monopoly and Life game. I sold all my possesions today. I don't even have any more money to buy any more Monopoly money to gamble with. All I have is my computer to get the score of the game friday and a gun. Rays must win Friday or its all over for me.

Pick: Rays 144 Monopoly units

BigDaddy

EOG Master

Ned living on the edge but he gets it done once again

amazing

what is he now?

81-0

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

I think technically, system ended after 4 games. he said to do it first 4 games

ComptrBob

EOG Master

Yes, the system ends after 4 games. Too bad there isn't more discussion from some of the past contributors:

trytrytry: "Good honest info here..good record keeping .. well described" Really?

Hennessey: "Keep up the great work Ned. You're solid." Hmmmm ...

Munson15: "Anything from you with positive results and a significant sample size is worth a go for me. Thanks Ned." Oh yeah!
"you can be sure that anything Ned puts his name on has been checked and re-checked." Not really.

L84wrk: "Ned has but (sic) out some solid work - use it as you like, mold it to suit your preferences. If you just don't like the statistical approach there is no need for you to get involved here." Sorry, there is good reason to expose bad statistical approaches here.<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- google_ad_section_end -->

BTW,IMO, Big Daddy, above, is just poking a little fun at Ned disciples.

ouch

EOG Dedicated

Yes, the system ends after 4 games. Too bad there isn't more discussion from some of the past contributors:

trytrytry: "Good honest info here..good record keeping .. well described" Really?

Hennessey: "Keep up the great work Ned. You're solid." Hmmmm ...

Munson15: "Anything from you with positive results and a significant sample size is worth a go for me. Thanks Ned." Oh yeah!
"you can be sure that anything Ned puts his name on has been checked and re-checked." Not really.

L84wrk: "Ned has but (sic) out some solid work - use it as you like, mold it to suit your preferences. If you just don't like the statistical approach there is no need for you to get involved here." Sorry, there is good reason to expose bad statistical approaches here.<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- google_ad_section_end -->

BTW,IMO, Big Daddy, above, is just poking a little fun at Ned disciples.

Since it would appear that you don't have much to do with that big computer of yours, why don't you go back and figure out what he did with his bracketbuster basketball picks on EOG from the last several years.

You won't be pissing and moaning about those results.

ouch

EOG Dedicated

I don't give a damn about his bracketbuster picks. Why don't you?

So you just want to bitch about this fairly worthless system. One of Ned's systems sucked, so you conclude that his devotees should come on and defend him.

I understand.

Carry on.

ComptrBob

EOG Master

So you just want to bitch about this fairly worthless system. One of Ned's systems sucked, so you conclude that his devotees should come on and defend him.

I understand.

Carry on.

Thanks for your worthless contribution.

You carry on.

Joboarder

EOG Veteran

just more bashing is all....the norm at EOG....digs up a system from a year ago from a great guy....and you wonder why people....well new people dont feel comfortable posting around here.....but its all in fun right ... that is why we are here for fun and games .....not to make money...take a look at NEDS InterL baseball system why dont you....but keep bashing a guy that stop contributing on a regular basis a year ago

ComptrBob

EOG Master

just more bashing is all....the norm at EOG....digs up a system from a year ago from a great guy....and you wonder why people....well new people dont feel comfortable posting around here.....but its all in fun right ... that is why we are here for fun and games .....not to make money...take a look at NEDS InterL baseball system why dont you....but keep bashing a guy that stop contributing on a regular basis a year ago

Why don't you look at his InterL system? Does it magically make this system work?

Who cares what Ned's contribution rate is? I certainly don't.

Joboarder

EOG Veteran

Why don't you look at his InterL system? Does it magically make this system work?

Who cares what Ned's contribution rate is? I certainly don't.
if you dont care then why dig it up and bash him after a year ...if you dont care why bother ?

BigDaddy

EOG Master

JB

bob is not bashing

he is not like the normal 5 year old that comes into threads with non sense and just bash the posters

bob comes into them with detailed stats, info etc....

nothing wrong with that as long as it's accurate

Blondie

EOG Master

JB

bob is not bashing

he is not like the normal 5 year old that comes into threads with non sense and just bash the posters

bob comes into them with detailed stats, info etc....

nothing wrong with that as long as it's accurate

Took the words right out of my mouth BigD :)

ComptrBob

EOG Master

Let's update for the multitude of EOG posters who follow this system.

Playoff teams from last season:
AL: NYY, Det, TB, Tex
NL: Phil, StL, Milw, Az

System is 6-0 with 2 "chases" pending (note : according to Ned bet both sides of 1st NYY/TB game):

Wed: Bet Stl 160 W
Thu: Bet Det -136 W; Phil -165 W
Fri: Bet Tex -172 W; Az -115 W; TB +112 W; NYY -122 L;Milw -125 L
Sat: Bet NYY +115 1.93u; Milw -115 2.59u

nomad

EOG Member

Mr. Smith,

OH REALLY? How would you feel about a system that has over 100 years of perfection? You can check the records on this, if you don't believe me.

POST SEASON HOME TEAM CHASE: In any 7 game post season series, chase the home team to win one unit. Since the commencement of the 7 game World Series in the early 1900s, the home team has ALWAYS won at least one game. Not saying it will always work in the future, but to just say something is a "proven long term losing strategy...period" is factually incorrect.

By the way, there's only been a single 5 game series where the same has not been true.