The bad beat bin

Valuist

EOG Master
I got one better. Cost this guy I know 600k. Watch Jaramillo jump off at wire

Ray,

That was brutal. If you watch Jaramillo's horse in final sixteenth, he looks like he's trying to get out, then comes the breakdown. Jaramillo also looked like he got trampled. Obviously he recovered, but I've seen guys get killed in similar situations.

kane

EOG master
Not a bad beat yet, but I have a future on Yasiel Puig Over 24.5 HR's, he's been sitting on 24 for a long time so I finally looked up how long it's been since he last homered, he hasn't hit a homer in his last 30 games, and it's not like he's in a slump, he's getting his hits, he's hitting .300 since Cleveland traded for him, but for whatever reason this fucking guy can't leave the park, the Indians have 9 games left, if he doesn't hit one out, that means I needed 1 HR in his last 39 games and ended up losing

This fucking guy still hasn't hit a HR, 3 games left to hit one out or this becomes one of the all time bad beats, I can't believe I'm gonna lose this

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
This fucking guy still hasn't hit a HR, 3 games left to hit one out or this becomes one of the all time bad beats, I can't believe I'm gonna lose this

................and the fact the Indians could be eliminated from Playoff contention as soon as today also doesn't help cuz gotta think once they get eliminated he either site or "checks out"

kane

EOG master
................and the fact the Indians could be eliminated from Playoff contention as soon as today also doesn't help cuz gotta think once they get eliminated he either site or "checks out"

I didn't even think about that, you're right, if they're eliminated tonight they probably throw out a spring training type lineup the last couple games, tonight's game could be my last chance

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
I didn't even think about that, you're right, if they're eliminated tonight they probably throw out a spring training type lineup the last couple games, tonight's game could be my last chance

Doubt that only because the Nats are playing for something and I think Francona has enough "respect for the game" that he will play some regulars so he is not completely tanking but putting out a decent lineup knowing the Brewskies would do the same for him if the situation was reversed. But for Puig - he might not play or only get 1-2 AB instead of 4+

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Doubt that only because the Nats are playing for something and I think Francona has enough "respect for the game" that he will play some regulars so he is not completely tanking but putting out a decent lineup knowing the Brewskies would do the same for him if the situation was reversed. But for Puig - he might not play or only get 1-2 AB instead of 4+

I thought the Cubs had more respect for the game also. They will continue to check out this weekend.

One that qualifies as a bad beat is if the Tigers/White Sox get rained out today and tomorrow. Tigers and White Sox RSW total bets get cancelled. The Tigers are 25 wins under their number.

kane

EOG master
https://nypost.com/2019/09/27/joe-maddon-doesnt-give-a-s-t-about-brewers-feelings/
I don't know Winky, some managers do what's right out of respect for the game, others don't. Like FW said, the Cubs won't play their top players, here's an article I found, fuck Maddon

kane

EOG master
The Cubs are resting some guys, but they're at least putting a competitive team on the field, many of their regulars are playing

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
The Cubs are resting some guys, but they're at least putting a competitive team on the field, many of their regulars are playing
The one guy who I wanted to see play isn’t - castellenos. Supposedly tweaked a groin last game. I’m sure he wanted to play as he’s going for 60 doubles.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
If I told you before the game Joe Pa U would score 59 on a 59.5/60 total against Maryland and I let you bet whatever you wanted on the game..........would you have a penny left to your name? I wouldn't.

Not sure if it was a "Bad Beat" of State Penn/Maryland staying Under or just "what the hell" but when it is 38-0 at half - Bad Beat

blueline

EOG Master
Mississippi scores with 5 seconds left
Alabama radio announcers....
"Coach saban is hot....he is pacing up and down the sidelines...hes mad for one of two reasons"

Then they start talking about bad beat and how awful it was if you bet Alabama at the opener.
Betting has gone mainstream

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Mississippi scores with 5 seconds left
Alabama radio announcers....
"Coach saban is hot....he is pacing up and down the sidelines...hes mad for one of two reasons"

Then they start talking about bad beat and how awful it was if you bet Alabama at the opener.
Betting has gone mainstream

I promise you the Alumni were mad for the same reason

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Not a bad beat yet, but I have a future on Yasiel Puig Over 24.5 HR's, he's been sitting on 24 for a long time so I finally looked up how long it's been since he last homered, he hasn't hit a homer in his last 30 games, and it's not like he's in a slump, he's getting his hits, he's hitting .300 since Cleveland traded for him, but for whatever reason this fucking guy can't leave the park, the Indians have 9 games left, if he doesn't hit one out, that means I needed 1 HR in his last 39 games and ended up losing

This was a BRUTAL beat. Puig hit HR #24 on AUGUST 16 @ The Evil Empire

After that he had.................139 AB and hit a grand total of: ZERO HRs. This one was BRUTAL! If he stays in Cincy he probably hits 30+

kane

EOG master
This was a BRUTAL beat. Puig hit HR #24 on AUGUST 16 @ The Evil Empire

After that he had.................139 AB and hit a grand total of: ZERO HRs. This one was BRUTAL! If he stays in Cincy he probably hits 30+

Yeah Winky, this one goes down as an all timer, I think he went homerless in his last 38 games, not positive on that number I might be off a game or two, and of course he doesn't play in their last two games which were meaningless. The strange thing is they played Lindor in those last two games, he's their franchise, Puig is a FA and probably will be somewhere else next season, why rest a guy who doesn't figure in your future plans while playing your superstar, it didn't make sense, Puig probably doesn't homer anyway, but I sure would have like the additional 8 AB's

railbird

EOG Master
had isner evans over 25.5, lands 25 after evans gets broke up 40-15 5-6 in 2nd. isner has lowest break pct of top 200 players

Valuist

EOG Master
I thought the Cubs had more respect for the game also. They will continue to check out this weekend.

One that qualifies as a bad beat is if the Tigers/White Sox get rained out today and tomorrow. Tigers and White Sox RSW total bets get cancelled. The Tigers are 25 wins under their number.

I thought most places stipulate 160 games must be played. A 161 game season RSW total bet should not be cancelled.

MrTop

EOG Master
nebraska/minny total bet stuck on score 41..... cris has 47.... wynn had 48..... i had a better line at 46.5... @pointsbet...i bet over …..12 minutes to go... of course it went UNDER.

Sleepy

EOG Master
I would have turned everything in my house upside down if I had the under in that Mexican league soccer game. What a fukk job that was.

Valuist

EOG Master
Potential brutal beat in the making. I've got Baylor/TCU Under 48. It's 9-6 late in the game. TCU gets a FG to force OT. Neither team has scored a TD all day. First possession of OT, Baylor gets a TD. TCU appears to be stopped on a 4th and 10 but play gets reviewed, and original call, of an incomplete pass, is overturned. TCU ties it. Now TCU gets their 2nd TD. 23-16 but both defenses totally gassed. Incredibly stupid OT rules in college football.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Potential brutal beat in the making. I've got Baylor/TCU Under 48. It's 9-6 late in the game. TCU gets a FG to force OT. Neither team has scored a TD all day. First possession of OT, Baylor gets a TD. TCU appears to be stopped on a 4th and 10 but play gets reviewed, and original call, of an incomplete pass, is overturned. TCU ties it. Now TCU gets their 2nd TD. 23-16 but both defenses totally gassed. Incredibly stupid OT rules in college football.

I'm with ya. I Tweeted that just before OT began:

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Don't forget Baylor making a 51-yard FG with about 40 seconds left

I thought TCU should have gone for 2 instead of the tying PAT in 1st OT

And now the BRUTAL BEAT is final. Baylor converts 4th and 11 with a 21-yard TD to tie the game at 23 or 46 total

I feel for ya Valuist! Unless both teams go scoreless in 3rd and 4th OT you got what might be on of the worst BB of the season

Valuist

EOG Master
College overtime rules are idiotic. You can see how gassed both defenses are. Completely spent after great effort in first 60 minutes. The NFL has it right. First TD wins.

Valuist

EOG Master
Yeah Winky, this one goes down as an all timer, I think he went homerless in his last 38 games, not positive on that number I might be off a game or two, and of course he doesn't play in their last two games which were meaningless. The strange thing is they played Lindor in those last two games, he's their franchise, Puig is a FA and probably will be somewhere else next season, why rest a guy who doesn't figure in your future plans while playing your superstar, it didn't make sense, Puig probably doesn't homer anyway, but I sure would have like the additional 8 AB's

Yes, that was a tough beat. If he doesn't get traded, he easily goes over. RF is the homer alley at Progressive, not LF.