The best advice I can give you right now...

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
Buy land. If you know where to look, you can find lots for under 10k. In rural areas. With water. Community water.

Buy it up. Before your money is gone and you have nothing.

Good luck...

Crazy Pete

EOG Addicted
Actually doing that right now.

Then u don’t live in Michigan.
Governor is prohibiting sales of seeds & garden equipment...at stores like Walmart that are already open & have the stuff in stock!! Seed & gardening areas are roped off.
And that makes sense because....because...because...
JFC, the country is now officially insane 🙄

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Governor is prohibiting sales of seeds & garden equipment...at stores like Walmart that are already open & have the stuff in stock!! Seed & gardening areas are roped off.
I had to buy gardening gloves from Amazon today instead of from the local business.

Other things that cannot be sold in Michigan now - painting supplies, carpeting and flooring.

KevinStott11

EOG Veteran
Turn off your TV.
Buy $100 or more worth of BitShares (BTS), $0.016979 USD.
Help someone or something.
Appreciate Sports and Life.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
That's pretty funny. Nah in Costa Rica lol.

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
I agree real estate will tumble.

It probably will. But a 10k investment in an acre of land in a rural area isn’t much of a risk. And it’s a nice hedge against Depression like scenarios. Somewhere legal to park the travel trailer after you’ve lost your job and then your house.

Or a nice bug out spot if/when the shit really hits the fan.

MrTop

EOG Master
It probably will. But a 10k investment in an acre of land in a rural area isn’t much of a risk. And it’s a nice hedge against Depression like scenarios. Somewhere legal to park the travel trailer after you’ve lost your job and then your house.

agree all you need is a rifle and fishing pole

Balco

EOG Master

Where are you looking? Have a good idea, but may be wrong. You would definietly want more than an acre. Bug out. LOLs, love it!

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
Where are you looking?

Northern AZ. About 2.5 hour drive from here. State is purple. But northern half is definitely RED.

Looking at parcels anywhere from 1-5 acres. In this particular area, parcels are going anywhere between 3k-15k.

Balco

EOG Master
Northern AZ. About 2.5 hour drive from here. State is purple. But northern half is definitely RED.

Looking at parcels anywhere from 1-5 acres. In this particular area, parcels are going anywhere between 3k-15k.
Not bad at all. Check your mail.

Valuist

EOG Master

Near Prescott? Hear it's nice there.

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
Near Prescott? Hear it's nice there.

Somewhat near there. A little further north. Land in and immediately around Prescott is pretty pricey. Need to be a good 30 minutes out and more remote to find the good deals.

And yes, Prescott is nice. My favorite area in AZ.

Buy property in another country. Keep some money in Swiss Francs. Stay diversified in your investments. Buying land to live in the middle of nowhere that you have to defend with your arsenal of weapons is no life I'd ever want to live.

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
Buying land to live in the middle of nowhere that you have to defend with your arsenal of weapons is no life I'd ever want to live.

It's no life any sane person would ever want to live. In doomsday type scenarios where a lawless society exists, it's probably your only shot. Unless you want to join one of the mobs.

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
Phase one of protection finished. Sold Honda Civic. Bought Ford F-150. (Great fucking find too. But besides the point...) Will do much better on the dirt roads.

Going up Thursday to look and buy. I've got DEPRESSION PROTECTION money burning a hole in my pocket...

Balco

EOG Master
Phase one of protection finished. Sold Honda Civic. Bought Ford F-150. (Great fucking find too. But besides the point...) Will do much better on the dirt roads.

Going up Thursday to look and buy. I've got DEPRESSION PROTECTION money burning a hole in my pocket...
DPM wowzers....
Why northern AZ? What makes that area a good bug out area?

Balco

EOG Master
Majority here just want to drink and gamble until they die. There are better forum for this crap.
Sol get your shit together!

kane

EOG master

In January I bought a 2020 Civic, a Silver two door Coupe, it had 10 miles on it when I drove it off the lot, fun car to drive

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
In January I bought a 2020 Civic, a Silver two door Coupe, it had 10 miles on it when I drove it off the lot, fun car to drive

We've owned Civics since 2000. Great cars. The one we just sold was a 2014 that we bought new. 6 years in and had 158k miles on it. Those things run forever if you take care of them.

Had to let it go though as I needed something with a V8 to tow. Our other vehicle is a 2019 CRV. Love Hondas.

kane

EOG master
We've owned Civics since 2000. Great cars. The one we just sold was a 2014 that we bought new. 6 years in and had 158k miles on it. Those things run forever if you take care of them.

Had to let it go though as I needed something with a V8 to tow. Our other vehicle is a 2019 CRV. Love Hondas.

This is my first Civic, my two previous cars were Mitsubishi Eclipses, when I knew I needed to get a new car I wanted another Eclipse, but as it turns out Mitsubishi stopped making the Eclipse around 2012, they only make an Eclipse/SUV Hybrid which didn't interest me at all, so I went online and did quite a bit of research and the Civic is one of the best selling cars every year, I looked at a lot of sites that gave reviews and I couldn't find anything negative about the car, so I called a dealership near me, scheduled a test drive, and that same day signed the papers. So far so good, I've had the car 4 months and I'm still learning all the gadgets and gizmos. GL with your truck

lap18

EOG Dedicated
This is my first Civic, my two previous cars were Mitsubishi Eclipses, when I knew I needed to get a new car I wanted another Eclipse, but as it turns out Mitsubishi stopped making the Eclipse around 2012, they only make an Eclipse/SUV Hybrid which didn't interest me at all, so I went online and did quite a bit of research and the Civic is one of the best selling cars every year, I looked at a lot of sites that gave reviews and I couldn't find anything negative about the car, so I called a dealership near me, scheduled a test drive, and that same day signed the papers. So far so good, I've had the car 4 months and I'm still learning all the gadgets and gizmos. GL with your truck
I spent my first 21 years working in the plant that built your eclips. I am back now working in the same plant getting ready to produce the Rivian truck and SUV

You are going to be bored off your ass in a few days after you get up there. Especially if they don't get an internet connection.

Preppers are the village idiots wherever you find them. Why would you want to be associated with that kind of crowd?

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
You are going to be bored off your ass in a few days after you get up there. Especially if they don't get an internet connection.

Preppers are the village idiots wherever you find them. Why would you want to be associated with that kind of crowd?

Bill. You are misunderstanding here...

You think I'm gonna head up there if I don't need to? I'm keeping my house here in the PHX area. Not selling the farm here for this. Modest investments... Worst case scenario with this on both ends?

1) I bought my family some safety and a roof over our heads in crazy times.

2) I bought some land. An investment.

No lose...