The Dark Knight is going to hit Chase Utely with a 96MPH Fastball

just wait Chase Utely. You know it's coming. Go ahead and dig into that batters box Monday night at Citi Field.

If Matt Harvey doesn't drill Chase Utely he is a pussy and his teammates will lose what little respect they still have for him.

Pocket Lint

EOG Addicted
Re: The Dark Knight is going to hit Chase Utely with a 96MPH Fastball

Was a late slide but shortstop can't be doing ballerina moves with his back to the runner like that. Fielder has to protect himself.

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated

Did they change the rule on "in the neighborhood" at 2nd base? What was he off 1 inch? I have seen that called an out MANY times! Maybe the rule has been changed.

Did they change the rule on "in the neighborhood" at 2nd base? What was he off 1 inch? I have seen that called an out MANY times! Maybe the rule has been changed.

they said the throw pulled the infielder off second base therefore the neighborhood rule did not apply.

questionable call IMO.

I believe panty wearing Matt Harvey would prefer to hit him with an eephus to save his arm.

scrimmage

What you contemplate you imitate

The Mets have to respond somehow;unlike when Clemens threw the bat at Piazza in the 2000 World -"Subway"- Series.When nothing happened then,the Yankees had the mental dominanace the rest of the way,and it was games over quick.
A payback's has to be expected[respected ?] by LA too...

Yeah payback has to come and it should be expected and respected by the Dodgers. If not the Mets are basically saying they don't care about their teammate.

JHU Dad

EOG Dedicated

It's coming. That stadium will be nuts tomorrow.

Rule 6.01(6):
"If, in the judgment of the umpire, a base runner willfully and deliberately interferes with a batted ball or a fielder in the act of fielding a batted ball with the obvious intent to break up a double play, the ball is dead. The umpire shall call the runner out for interference and also call out the batter-runner because of the action of his teammate. In no event may bases be run or runs scored because of such action by a runner."

JHU Dad

EOG Dedicated

Rule 6.01(6):
"If, in the judgment of the umpire, a base runner willfully and deliberately interferes with a batted ball or a fielder in the act of fielding a batted ball with the obvious intent to break up a double play, the ball is dead. The umpire shall call the runner out for interference and also call out the batter-runner because of the action of his teammate. In no event may bases be run or runs scored because of such action by a runner."
I was expecting that call. How naive of me.

The argument that neither Tejada nor Utley touched 2nd base is irrelevant. It was Utley's action. The DP should have been called. It amazes me that the umpires AND MLB completely ignored this rule.

2W2P2S

EOG Dedicated

Rule 6.01(6):

This rule I believe is for interfering with a fielder who is "in the act of fielding a batted ball" and not applicable here. This is to keep runners from just taking out a 2B while running to 2nd base as they are attempting to field a "batted" ball.

Valuist

EOG Master

The argument that neither Tejada nor Utley touched 2nd base is irrelevant. It was Utley's action. The DP should have been called. It amazes me that the umpires AND MLB completely ignored this rule.

100% agree. MLB is getting a problem. There's been 3 problematic slides in the past month that I'm aware of (maybe more); Coghlan's, Donaldson's and now Utley's. Each of those slides started way too late.

nedrow9

EOG Master

he slid late and at Tejada not at the bag didn't touch bag, hes out imo

kane

EOG master

just wait Chase Utely. You know it's coming. Go ahead and dig into that batters box Monday night at Citi Field.

If Matt Harvey doesn't drill Chase Utely he is a pussy and his teammates will lose what little respect they still have for him.
Utley won't be starting, if anything maybe pinch hitting, but if he pinch hits with runners on, then I don't think you can hit him and put another runner on base

First of all, why don't you people use your heads instead of your mouths in here. First, the baserunner did touch 2nd base, even though it was well after he took the player out. Second. Do you really think that the Umps will allow the Mets revenge? I guarantee you that if Utley is hit, the Mets pitcher is tossed. You clowns have a football players mentality. This is Baseball. f you clowns know so much, now come you lose so much? How come you are not on a Major League payroll? You guys are really pathetic.

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated

It seems to me the Mets in playoff/World Series baseball are often in the middle of strange -weird plays.. Was it Bill Buckner's ground ball that won a World Series for them, way back when..I know it was a simple fielding error.
I have the Strangest feeling, (and I'm not a believer in such nonsense normally) that the winner of this series wins it ALL!