The EOG Octagon (JAMMER v EJD5277)

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated
Plays #25-#26:

Thursday June 13, 2019

12:10 PM ET/9:10 AM PT:

Grand Salami OVER 104.5 runs +103 @ Pinnacle

12:10 PM CT/10:10 AM PT:

961-962 Seattle Mariners/Minnesota Twins OVER 10 -113 (Kikuchi/Pineda) @ Pinnacle

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated
Play #27:

Thursday June 13, 2019

7:10 PM ET/4:10 PM PT:

967-968 Los Angeles Angels/Tampa Bay Rays OVER 9 +103 (Skaggs/Yarbrough) @ Pinnacle

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated
Plays #25-#26:

Thursday June 13, 2019

12:10 PM ET/9:10 AM PT:

Grand Salami OVER 104.5 runs +103 @ Pinnacle

12:10 PM CT/10:10 AM PT:

961-962 Seattle Mariners/Minnesota Twins OVER 10 -113 (Kikuchi/Pineda) @ Pinnacle

I need a ruling from JK or Bob on the Salami.

Cardinals-Mets was suspended but in the bottom of the 9th. I know some books say each game must go 8.5, but I believe there are others that say they have to go 9.

It was an easy winner.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Easy winner doesn't matter, EJD.

The game was suspended after eight-and-a-half innings with the score tied at 4.

Run lines, totals and the Grand Salami should be refunded.

That's a no-go or no action or refund from where I sit.

I'll wait for ComptrBob to chime in.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Two primary wagering rules apply when baseball games get called early:

• Full-game moneylines become official once the game goes five innings — or if the home team leads after 4.5 innings.
  • In contrast, wagers on the over/under, team totals and/or runlines don’t become official until the teams complete nine innings — or the home team leads after 8.5 innings.

Source: The Action Network

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Easy winner doesn't matter, EJD.

The game was suspended after eight-and-a-half innings with the score tied at 4.

Run lines, totals and the Grand Salami should be refunded.

That's a no-go or no action or refund from where I sit.

I'll wait for ComptrBob to chime in.

Almost.

Games have to go 5 innings to be official (4 1/2 if home team is ahead). Games have to go 9 full innings (8 1/2 if home team is ahead) for run lines and total to be official, otherwise NO ACTION.

Grand Salami side and totals have to have all scheduled games go 9 full innings (8 1/2 if the home team is ahead, you are starting to get the idea here ;)).

NO ACTION here even though the total is already over.

The books have a very queer rule that games suspended or called do not use the official MLB score, but revert to the last full inning.

Thus, for betting purposes, the NYM beat the Stl Cards 4-2 since this was the score after 8 full innings. Cute, huh?

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
About a month ago, I had the Indians over the White Sox in a game shortened by rain after five innings.

At the time, the Indians were leading, 5-0.

Felt like I was stealing.

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated
Play #27:

Friday June 14, 2019

7:20 PM ET/4:20 PM PT:

907-908 Philadelphia Phillies/Atlanta Braves OVER 9 -117 (Pivetta/Fried) @ Pinnacle

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated
Plays #28-#29:

Saturday June 15, 2019

6:10 PM ET/3:10 PM PT:

955 Pittsburgh Pirates +115 (Agrazal/Lopez) @ Westgate

6:10 PM MT/5:10 PM PT:

961-962 San Diego Padres/Colorado Rockies OVER 11 -114 (Lauer/Marquez) @ Pinnacle

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated
I felt good even before the Red Sox 2-spot in the 4th.

Means not at his best today. Too many 3-ball counts. He’ll be gone after the 5th.

This would have been another good month for the rule requiring to be + units to win the bonus money. Ejd would have had a real sweat on his last game!

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
This would have been another good month for the rule requiring to be + units to win the bonus money. Ejd would have had a real sweat on his last game!

Winning point, BigOrange.

I'll change the rule in 2020.

It's only fair to BetDSI.

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated
Winning point, BigOrange.

I'll change the rule in 2020.

It's only fair to BetDSI.

I’ll post one more play here for the sake of completeness.

And it’s too late to change midstream obviously, but I like BigOrange’s idea.... maybe even expand upon it to create a tiered bonus system based on winning percentage (or # of units in the plus, if applicable.)

That could create some real excitement, even if the match itself is a blowout.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Thanks for participating, Jammer.

And thanks for your many generous contributions to EOG's prize fund in recent years.

I knew this month would go smoothly with a pair of judicious, level-headed gamblers squaring off.

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated
Play #30:

Monday June 17, 2019

7:10 PM PT:

957-958 Milwaukee Brewers/San Diego Padres OVER 8 EV (Chacin/Lucchesi) @ Pinnacle