The EOG Octagon (RAILBIRD v John Kelly)

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Still waiting for that concession speech of Railbird where he blames his meds and college basketball coaches.....10-20 was horrible....

Rail picked on the wrong Kelly.....should have challenged the broad from Vegas....

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated
Railbird gets knocked out, but he's invited to participate again the very next month? You're the boss John, but that doesn't seem right.

I second this, and it's nothing personal against railbird. Rules are rules. You vs. Heim is a fantastic matchup. If we start making exceptions for certain posters, every contestant going forward will expect similar.

EDIT: It's also unfair to the contestants who have future months reserved. They're expecting to face one of two contestants from the prior month, not a wildcard selection. Game theory does play a role in this type of format. This is not a Grand Challenge-type freeroll. Yes, BetDSI is generously adding to the prize pool, but contestants are putting up their own money here, making it doubly important that the agreed-upon contest rules be followed to the letter when possible.

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Birdie won three straight months with impressive records.

March should be a good time for him.

We're just getting started with this event so allow me some time to recruit quality contributors.

Kane, I asked if you wanted in.

You're welcome to reserve the month of your choice.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
June for Jammer is a clown. What clout has he. He likes to call everyone a clown but I see is record is big time in the loser section. Jk how can you give him a spot. He is a loser. Please respond

Abundy, do you want July?

I think your prop knowledge will transfer to this event.

Abundy

EOG Addicted
Thank you Jk. Can I play pitcher strikeout over and unders. These numbers are offered at most sports books

Abundy

EOG Addicted
Jk. I would like to meet you. I will be in Vegas May 6-10. I am staying downtown. I have years of stories for you

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Congrats on the win John and taking Rail down this month. It's a fun monthly contest to follow and thanks for all the work you put in in running the contests and the site.

I' ve never posted this but thought it was important to mention .... Rail approached me to not charge him a proxy fee for the Vegas Football Contests for the 2018 season. I talked to my partner and we were on the fence for a bit but decided to roll with it. I had never met him in person and found Matt to be an interesting and good person kind of the opposite of his Railbird posting persona. I feel myself/my partner for the football proxy stuff and Rail have a good relationship and wanted to thank him for sending us many more winners than losers over the 5-6 months, not many plays but solid, Thanks Matt

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Congrats on the win John and taking Rail down this month. It's a fun monthly contest to follow and thanks for all the work you put in in running the contests and the site.

I' ve never posted this but thought it was important to mention .... Rail approached me to not charge him a proxy fee for the Vegas Football Contests for the 2018 season. I talked to my partner and we were on the fence for a bit but decided to roll with it. I had never met him in person and found Matt to be an interesting and good person kind of the opposite of his Railbird posting persona. I feel myself/my partner for the football proxy stuff and Rail have a good relationship and wanted to thank him for sending us many more winners than losers over the 5-6 months, not many plays but solid, Thanks Matt

Were you a client of his?
Did he charge you for his selections?

If he didn’t charge you then you did a smart thing...

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I am in for July. Thank you John. Are you available in May when I come to vegas

July it is, Abundy.

I will be in Las Vegas most of March but not May.

Headed back to Costa Rica for the spring and summer and then I'll return to Las Vegas in August in advance of the football season.

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
To answer your questions VD

1) No I was never a client of his

2) No he did not charge us for his selections.

I wanted to point out that we traded his plays for the football proxy service for the Golden Nugget Ultimate Football Challenge and Westgate Football Supercontest and it proved to be a wise trade on our end for the last 6 months with a selective amount of plays.

Patkeats

EOG Enthusiast
Kane is a typical Lib, he will take a free roll, but no skin in the game. Jk you are totally right letting railbird have another shot, he won 3 months.

kane

EOG master
Kane is a typical Lib, he will take a free roll, but no skin in the game. Jk you are totally right letting railbird have another shot, he won 3 months.

First of all, John has on numerous occasions offered me a spot in the grand challenge, I've declined each time. Second, go fuck yourself asshole

Last edited by a moderator:

Patkeats

EOG Enthusiast
Stay in your lane? So that must mean you would agree to a head to head challenge? Your air bets don’t fool me, whoever bets real money, shouldn’t care about throwing up a grand for a month. How much did you actually put on those bets? Even $30 a day whould come out near a grand. Stay in your fantasy world

ZzyzxRoad

EOG Dedicated
Stay in your lane? So that must mean you would agree to a head to head challenge? Your air bets don’t fool me, whoever bets real money, shouldn’t care about throwing up a grand for a month. How much did you actually put on those bets? Even $30 a day whould come out near a grand. Stay in your fantasy world

Well, you insulted him. That must mean you're right.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Yeah.

Gentlemen, please.

Kane is welcome to participate in EOG's Grand Challenge whenever he likes.

Provided, of course, he stops calling valued EOG contributors a-holes.

Men, we're better than these silly brush-ups.

kane

EOG master
Yeah.

Gentlemen, please.

Kane is welcome to participate in EOG's Grand Challenge whenever he likes.

Provided, of course, he stops calling valued EOG contributors a-holes.

Men, we're better than these silly brush-ups.

How exactly is Patkeats a valued contributor? The guy has 90 posts in three and a half years, not only did he attack me unprovoked, he was wrong since I've turned down many offers to participate in the grand challenge. Calling me a typical lib tells me he doesn't like my politics, so he attacks me and my handicapping. Sorry John, but if someone hits me, I'm hitting back, I've never had any interaction with the guy in all my years here, and he comes out of nowhere with a cheap shot at me, IMO I was very justified in calling him an asshole, he started it, not me, and we move on.