The EOG Octagon (RAILBIRD v THE FACTSMAN)

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The EOG Octagon is a head-to-head handicapping showdown featuring a winner-take-all purse of 2,500 bananas.

Each contestant provides 1,000 bananas to the prize pot with EOG supplying the added money.

The format is simple: Thirty plays over a 30-day period featuring NFL, NCAAF, NBA and NCAAB plays.

All plays at -110 or less.

Contestants must select full-game sides or totals, first-half sides or totals and halftime sides or totals.

Contestants are allowed only one wager per event.

Contestants will post selections using pointspreads from the following establishments: CRIS, Pinnacle, BetDSI, Westgate and William Hill.

Once a contestant posts a selection, neither the contestant nor the opponent can submit a play in the same game.

To make an official selection, each contestant must submit the following four pieces of information in the post: Betting number, team name, price/pointspread and available sports book.

The handicapper with the higher winning percentage will be declared the winner.

Tiebreaker: Better record over the last 5 plays, last 10 plays, last 15 plays and so on.

At month's end, the winner stays on the court for the following month and the loser goes home, except for our initial showdown which will feature a Best-of-3 format.

I'll try to recruit EJD_5277, HEIM, KANE, NUT6, PINNACLE420, SVBETTOR, TOBY TYLER, VIEJO DINOSAUR, YISMAN, ZZYZX ROAD and others for this space in 2019.

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Here's hoping Birdie can repeat his outstanding December record of 20-10.

Rooting for The Factsman to do the same.

THE FACTSMAN

EOG Addicted
best of luck Matt.
i dont mind the trash talk but be civil..............and remember
you never beat me.

so before you pound your chest,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,win the thing 1st
happy new year and you have my paypal.

THE FACTSMAN

EOG Addicted
Jan 1st............open this up with 3 plays all in the 1st half
2 in NCAA hoops
1 in football

01/01/2019
@ 01:00 PMCFB[1273] 1H LSU -4.5 -11001/01/2019

@ 01:00 PMCBB[1601] TOTAL o66-110
(1H Notre Dame vrs 1H Virginia Tech)01/01/2019

@ 07:00 PMCBB[1605] TOTAL o74-110
(1H Marquette vrs 1H Saint Johns)

------------------------------------------
time stamp and ticket at bookmaker

01/01/2019
09:02 AM
[TABLE]

[TABLE]

[Ticket #: 3885606xx] PARLAY (3 TEAMS)

[/TABLE]
[TABLE]

01/01/2019 @ 01:00 PM

CFB

[1273] 1H LSU -4.5 -110

01/01/2019 @ 01:00 PM

CBB

[1601] TOTAL o66-110
(1H Notre Dame vrs 1H Virginia Tech)

01/01/2019 @ 07:00 PM

CBB

[1605] TOTAL o74-110
(1H Marquette vrs 1H Saint Johns)

[/TABLE]

[/TABLE]

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Just off the phone with THE FACTSMAN.

He's home in Virginia right now but headed to Atlantic City tomorrow.

Says he doesn't get involved much in the NBA but he'll monitor the site over the next few days while vacationing in A.C.

FACTS has never lost a head-to-head handicapping duel with RAILBIRD, a claim not many handicappers can make.

nut6

EOG Master
Had no idea Facts was from good ole Virginia!!!

My stomping grounds as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
God I love this. 2 heavyweights. I would make railbird a -130 favorite because he is a beast with west coast college basketball and facts man #1 sport is baseball which isnt available. This is going to be my daily morning coffee reading material.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Sick thing is that all 3 plays by the factsman win as a full game bet yet the 30 min bets go down

Last edited:

cheapseats

EOG Master
I had not noticed.

Good point, Sporty.

The UCF touchdown with four seconds left in the first half was difficult to stomach.

I remember reading a JK line about preferring not to bet 1/2's etc. that it's difficult enough on a full.game. I was surprised with the wagers, but then again Im not even near FM or JK when it come to the game of sports betting. So, I hangout here.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Those artificial finish lines can be difficult and damning.

You obviously take on more variance when you shorten the time of play.

My only problem with derivative bets: Gamblers who go wild betting quarters and halves, and then cry about their bad luck.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
What say you, kane? $100 NFLe playoffs contest. We can work out the details. I’ll post up Friday with JK if he has bitcoin addy.

alldaycapper

EOG Veteran
Those artificial finish lines can be difficult and damning.

You obviously take on more variance when you shorten the time of play.

My only problem with derivative bets: Gamblers who go wild betting quarters and halves, and then cry about their bad luck.

There’s a reason books don’t put out overnight 1h and 5 inning lines. That’s because they can be beat. Just my opinion but only way to go if you want to have a better chance of winning long term.

Last edited by a moderator:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
And the limits for first-half and halftime wagers are usually reduced too.

How about live wagering, ADC?