The EOG Octagon (RAILBIRD v THE FACTSMAN)

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
ComptrBob offered this suggestion for the contest format: A maximum of three plays per day.

I detest a lot of rules, regulations and restrictions.

The simpler the contest, the better.

But Bob thought the three-game limit would improve the overall flow of the month-long event.

I countered with Saturday's attractive slate of college hoop games where a handicapper may legitimately love five or six sides.

Thinking on his feet, Bob said the handicapper could post three overnight plays on Friday and three more plays Saturday.

It's difficult to debate ComptrBob.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

railbird

EOG Master
ComptrBob offered this suggestion for the contest format: A maximum of three plays per day.

I detest a lot of rules, regulations and restrictions.

The simpler the contest, the better.

But Bob thought the three-game limit would improve the overall flow of the month-long event.

I countered with Saturday's attractive slate of college hoop games where a handicapper may legitimately love five or six sides.

Thinking on his feet, Bob said the handicapper could post three overnight plays on Friday and three more plays Saturday.

It's difficult to debate ComptrBob.

Any thoughts?
I disagree with 3 game limit. I do suggest 1 bet per game, don't like side and total in same game, that is quasi-correlated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
Railbird's gambling knowledge and success has always bothered Artie. He just can't get over his own shortcomings in the arena.

common guy

EOG Senior Member
Facts hitting .450 .....Rail .577 in seven less games. Rail two whiffs above .500.....Facts two below.500 This shit is interesting. Rail back to WWF smack talk today even though Facts quite gentlemanly and could well be ahead by this time tomorrow. Rail enjoys being a villain and it probably nice click bait here. Thanks to John and both prognosticators for giving us something to look at other than nfl.

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated
Keep thinking that.....I have shortcomings but it has nothing to do with a racist, homophobic, scumbag tout....

Ive always liked you arturo and always will. I think you lose a lot of people with your constant takes on Birdie when it comes to his handicapping ability. No ones ever misunderstood your issues with anything else.
When you start saying anyone here could beat Matt it gets borderline ignorant. I don't think there's a line of people who see Railbird in hoops season and think there is my fish.
Goodluck to all involved

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
great job on your 3-1 Saturday rail,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,great capping

best of luck today with your selections.

Nice call on Virginia yesterday, Joe.

The Cavs are my pick to cut down the nets in Minneapolis but yesterday I unwisely backed the home underdog.

Teams cannot play a helter-skelter, AAU-style offense against Virginia and expect to win.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I'm calling for a truce between RAILBIRD and VIEJO.

It's hard to watch when two solid guys battle relentlessly with both men thinking they own the high ground.

BIRDIE takes free speech to the limit and VIEJO takes personally every contribution BIRDIE offers.

If RAIL and VIEJO are not going to act civil toward each other, will you -- for the sake of the community -- please steer clear of one another?