The EOG Octagon (RICHSOX24 v John Kelly)

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The EOG Octagon is a head-to-head handicapping showdown featuring a winner-take-all purse of 2,500 bananas.

Each contestant provides 1,000 bananas to the prize pot with EOG supplying the added money.

The format is flexible.

This month, the participants have agreed to 40 plays over 30 days with the handicapper earning the most units being declared the winner.

All plays must land in the range of -200 to +200.

Contestants are allowed only one wager per event.

Contestants will post selections using prices and pointspreads from the following establishments: CRIS, Pinnacle, BetDSI, Westgate and William Hill.

Once a contestant posts a selection, neither the contestant nor the opponent can submit a play in the same game.

To make an official selection, each contestant must submit the following four pieces of information in the post: Betting number, team name, price/pointspread and available sports book.

The handicapper with the most units at the end of the month will be declared the winner.

At month's end, the winner stays on the court for the following month and the loser goes home.

I'll try to recruit ABUNDY, BRAYDEN11, CHO, FAIR WARNING, HEIM, KANE, NUT6, PALEFACE, PINNACLE420, SCOOPER, SVBETTOR, TOBY TYLER, VIEJO DINOSAUR and others for this space in 2019.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
After stumbling from the gate last month (0-3), I'm looking for a clean getaway in September.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Ominous start.

Both runners stumble at the break.

Here's hoping the jock aboard RICHSOX24 rushes up along the inside rail.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
After winning a month it seems that 2nd win is going to be a bear.......

The "new guy" is always more motivated.

I don't envision a lengthy winning streak of any note being involved in this.

Go get 'em boys, just one day in, barely started.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
HEIM and BRAYDEN11 are currently in training.

Look for them to appear in The EOG Octagon sometime during college hoop season.

railbird

EOG Master
After winning a month it seems that 2nd win is going to be a bear.......

The "new guy" is always more motivated.

I don't envision a lengthy winning streak of any note being involved in this.

Go get 'em boys, just one day in, barely started.
experience counts.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Play #3: 917-918 Chicago White Sox-Cleveland Indians UNDER 10 (-107) @ Pinnacle

(Detwiler/Civale)

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Play #4: 909-910 Colorado Rockies-Los Angeles Dodgers UNDER 9 runs (-109) @ Pinnacle

(Lambert/Buehler)

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I may contract RAIL to serve as my ringside manager in the Octagon, hoping to distract RICHSOX24 from the ultimate goal of winning the showdown.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I promise to not mock any member of the sports advisory business for the remainder of the month.

I promise to not mock any member of the sports advisory business for the remainder of the month.