The EOG Octagon (SKINNY versus "1")

railbird

EOG Master
My battle with Ron was pretty good. I think one of the problems is finding dedicated gamblers to do this, especially this time of year.
middle of football and basketball season, and you get +150, it shouldnt be hard. I get that their is next to no talented handicappers at EOG, but it shouldnt be hard to find comeptitors

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
"1" promised to log in tomorrow.

Here's his play tonight:

333 Indianapolis Colts +9 (-110) @ WillHill

My battle with Ron was pretty good. I think one of the problems is finding dedicated gamblers to do this, especially this time of year.

middle of football and basketball season, and you get +150, it shouldnt be hard. I get that their is next to no talented handicappers at EOG, but it shouldnt be hard to find comeptitors

What is the "finding" process? For example, has there ever been a thread started inviting any & all EOG members to be a participant in these type of contests? Or is one person deciding & often choosing the same participants, e.g. Railbird,, over & over again, without inviting the general membership to participate?

IMO, winning a contest of a mere 40 picks cramped into a mere month is...very... largely luck based. No need to cap or have any capping ability. Just flip coins & you have a very good chance of coming out on top.

Last edited:

Heim

EOG Master
What is the "finding" process? For example, has there ever been a thread started inviting any & all EOG members to be a participant in these type of contests? Or is one person deciding & often choosing the same participants, e.g. Railbird,, over & over again, without inviting the general membership to participate?

IMO, winning a contest of a mere 40 picks cramped into a mere month is...very... largely luck based. No need to cap or have any capping ability. Just flip coins & you have a very good chance of coming out on top.

The contestant list gets a lot smaller finding who has a dime and willing to lose it. Everything else is secondary. Everyone is Billy Walters until they have to pay.

The contestant list gets a lot smaller finding who has a dime and willing to lose it. Everything else is secondary. Everyone is Billy Walters until they have to pay.

No doubt. ATM $1333 on one such bet is probably out of my stress free comfort range, even with the tempting +150 payout mitigated by what would likely be a disadvantageous match up (certainly vs you, though maybe not someone like Railbird ;)). If there two contests of this type, say one for for 900/1000 & the other for 100 USD, some good handicappers here might be interested in the latter who wouldn't be into the former. However, EOG already offers another challenge (the Grand), albeit of a different type, for those not willing to risk a dime in a one on one winner take all type of competition.

Still, the query remains, who is this contest open to & what decides the participants? How would anyone know which EOG members are willing to engage in such an event? Have they ever been asked or is it closed to a select chosen few?

As to obtaining participants, is it an issue finding them? It could be if it is only open to a chosen few to begin with, as opposed to the EOG membership in general. Though Railbird seems ready to go each & every month, lol. That gets you half way there already. And isn't Veijo up for a dual with him at any time? There you go ;

Last edited:

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated
No doubt. ATM $1333 on one such bet is probably out of my stress free comfort range, even with the tempting +150 payout mitigated by what would likely be a disadvantageous match up (certainly vs you, though maybe not someone like Railbird ;)). If there two contests of this type, say one for for 900/1000 & the other for 100 USD, some good handicappers here might be interested in the latter who wouldn't be into the former. However, EOG already offers another challenge (the Grand), albeit of a different type, for those not willing to risk a dime in a one on one winner take all type of competition.

Still, the query remains, who is this contest open to & what decides the participants? How would anyone know which EOG members are willing to engage in such an event? Have they ever been asked or is it closed to a select chosen few?

As to obtaining participants, is it an issue finding them? It could be if it is only open to a chosen few to begin with, as opposed to the EOG membership in general. Though Railbird seems ready to go each & every month, lol. That gets you half way there already. And isn't Veijo up for a dual with him at any time? There you go ;

Is this your way of saying you would like to participate in a future edition?

Just shoot John Kelly a PM. I suspect he would find you a spot.

Administrator
JK, Don't honestly know, to answer your question. But I do know this: The only thing that changed was the adding of game number (525)

I was to learn AFTER I first posted that BetCRIS was at -105 as was Pinnacle a few moments before I placed the post.

Scooper, you a betting man? Go search your cushions and get all the coins you can muster, and by some Act of God, if it totals a real number, I'll subject myself, for your amusement, to a polygraph test. Keep your clown comments addressed to your family and friends.

JK, take the play down, 'cause it ain't gonna matter.

ZzyzxRoad

EOG Dedicated
JK, Don't honestly know, to answer your question. But I do know this: The only thing that changed was the adding of game number (525)

I was to learn AFTER I first posted that BetCRIS was at -105 as was Pinnacle a few moments before I placed the post.

Scooper, you a betting man? Go search your cushions and get all the coins you can muster, and by some Act of God, if it totals a real number, I'll subject myself, for your amusement, to a polygraph test. Keep your clown comments addressed to your family and friends.

JK, take the play down, 'cause it ain't gonna matter.

Yeah

Scooper

EOG Veteran
Did you really just ask if somebody is a betting man on a gambling forum? AND you’re wanting to take a polygraph LMFAO! Wtf is this sorcery

Administrator
(209) Liberty +5.5 -110 @DSI
(218) App St -16.5 -107 @Pinny
(215) Wash -3 -110 @Pinny

skinny

EOG Addicted
636 buff-15.5 -107 cris
639 Tex st +2.5 -110 wg
644 prov pk-110 wg
648 Tex tech-23 -110 wh
649 Austin peay+9.5-110 wh
308545 coppin+18-110 wg