The Minnesota Twins

kane

EOG master
I think they could use a starter, they have some good pitchers, but they don't have an ace. If I were them I would go after the best starter available, not saying they couldn't use bullpen help either, you follow this team, I only follow because of my future, I just think they really need a number one starter, and the Indians are getting Kluber back at some point

Valuist

EOG Master
How good could the Indians be if Kluber didn't break his hand, Carrasco didn't get leukemia, and Brantley was retained?

mr merlin

EOG Master
Looked to me like the NY pitchers were afraid of throwing strikes, that's a high compliment to the twins hitters.

Sleepy

EOG Master
The entire Twins pitching staff is a joke. They don’t need 1 or 2 guys. They need 10-11 new guys.

MrTop

EOG Master
Twins don't play well without their defensive star in CF. since bruxton out 3-6

Last edited:

lastyle7

EOG Veteran
Awesome game.

I’m not sold on Cleveland because I don’t see them making a big move at the deadline. They will get Kluber back and that can only help.

The owner isn't a high roller and limited funds. Danny Salazar will return to the bullpen is a few weeks.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Twins don't play well without their defensive star in CF. since bruxton out 3-6
He's trade bait, Buxton has all the talent in the world, but he cant hit, he's not green anymore, he's been around for years. He'll never be a good player(hitter), let alone a great one. Trade him to another sucker for pitching.

MrTop

EOG Master
He's trade bait, Buxton has all the talent in the world, but he cant hit, he's not green anymore, he's been around for years. He'll never be a good player(hitter), let alone a great one. Trade him to another sucker for pitching.

never will trade him until he cannot get to the ball. Twins do not play well without him.

mr merlin

EOG Master
never will trade him until he cannot get to the ball. Twins do not play well without him.
The twins didn't give up 14 runs yesterday because buxton wasn't shagging fly balls, but they are hitting great because he's not there to strike out.

Look at our rookie Arraiz, the guy come out of the minors and he's really, really good, showing promise right of the bat . With Buxton we've had 4 or 5 years of bad, bad, bad, hitting wise.

He's really fast and a great fielder , he's not even a good baseball player.

MrTop

EOG Master
The twins didn't give up 14 runs yesterday because buxton wasn't shagging fly balls, but they are hitting great because he's not there to strike out.

Look at our rookie Arraiz, the guy come out of the minors and he's really, really good, showing promise right of the bat . With Buxton we've had 4 or 5 years of bad, bad, bad, hitting wise.

He's really fast and a great fielder , he's not even a good baseball player.

a lot of teams would want bruxton. 2.7 WAR that would be 47th in MLB .

Valuist

EOG Master
We've detailed it before. The Twins don't need Buxton to hit. They have more than enough offense. They need Buxton to roam CF as their pitchers pitch to contact and he can save a lot of runs. Let's take a look at the Twins with and without Buxton playing.

Overall: 61-39 +13.67 units
Without Buxton 9-15 minus 11.88 units
With Buxton 52-24 plus 28.55 units

kane

EOG master
We've detailed it before. The Twins don't need Buxton to hit. They have more than enough offense. They need Buxton to roam CF as their pitchers pitch to contact and he can save a lot of runs. Let's take a look at the Twins with and without Buxton playing.

I agree, there's a reason guys like Kevin Kiermier and Kevin Pillar are in the majors, the Twins have plenty of offense, they don't need Buxton to hit

mr merlin

EOG Master

Stats can mislead, who you're playing matters most of all, right now buxton is out while the twins are playing good teams(oakland and NYY),That's why we're not dominating them, they're good teams that dont hand you wins, we played a ton of games against the patsies with buston.

MrTop

EOG Master
Stats can mislead, who you're playing matters most of all, right now buxton is out while the twins are playing good teams(oakland and NYY),That's why we're not dominating them, they're good teams that dont hand you wins, we played a ton of games against the patsies with buston.

WAR is the games you played no records involved. he is still one of the top defenders in CF

mr merlin

EOG Master
WAR is the games you played no records involved. he is still one of the top defenders in CF
I know, he is a great defender/fielder, how much value does he have when he misses at least a 3rd of every year with injuries from crashing into the wall like a mad man?

MrTop

EOG Master
still cheap player ( arb next year ) only 25. The twins , A's and TB built with defense . Of the 3 teams the twins are blessed with some hitters too. Need some more pitching. The middle relief would get eaten alive vs the teams that can hit in the playoffs. Yankee pitching will look quite different in October than now. Servino the yankee ace never pitched yet , betances will be back plus they will get another pitcher , the twins have to be on top of their game in Oct. & if Broxton out like Fez says I am backing up the truck if he is out. Not tonight though.. Yanks catcher hurt and resting the leading hitter.

MrTop

EOG Master
I read where the yanks leading hitter will be rested... wrong he is playing …….Broxton out again , twins gave up 5 runs already. I passed ...LOL

MrTop

EOG Master
dr jeckle / mr hyde when Broxton in/out. He cuts the gaps downthey are outs kills an inning.when he is in game.... when they move a stiff in the game and shift kepler to center they lose defense. So the pitcher can't blow anyone away ..the batter hits it to center.. and the ball falls in and the biggest thing is the positioning of the CF changes cause no speed. The pitchers adjust too with a different pitch cause no broxton

Last edited:

Sleepy

EOG Master
Through 102 games the Twins have hit 199 home runs and are on pace to hit 316 crushing the every team in the history of the game

2018 New York Yankees 267
1997 Seattle Mariners 264
2005 Texas Rangers 260
1996 Baltimore Orioles 257
2010 Toronto Blue Jays 257
2000 Houston Astros 249
1996 Oakland Athletics 243

mr merlin

EOG Master
I missed the game guys, I heard the twins hit 5 hr's, I imagine buxton must have hit a few, maybe 3? Thank god he's back, we need the other guys to step up now.

Last edited:

MrTop

EOG Master
Through 102 games the Twins have hit 199 home runs and are on pace to hit 316 crushing the every team in the history of the game

2018 New York Yankees 267
1997 Seattle Mariners 264
2005 Texas Rangers 260
1996 Baltimore Orioles 257
2010 Toronto Blue Jays 257
2000 Houston Astros 249
1996 Oakland Athletics 243

by just looking at it, I don't think any of these won the WS

Valuist

EOG Master
by just looking at it, I don't think any of these won the WS

True. Teams that rely too much on the HR tend to struggle in the post season. This was part of the Bean comment (Billy, not Mr) "my shit don't work in the post season". Ya think, Billy?

MrTop

EOG Master
The A's don't have the have the money to win. They are always lacking hitters and in some cases a pitcher or two. Maybe after a new stadium & new city. Beane was offered the job at Boston before Theo got there. Boston offer was 3 million at the time. The A's counter offer was I think 1% of the club or something like that. Boston then gave it to theo after beane turned them down.. No longer the GM of the A's beane probably is looking at every deal.

Valuist

EOG Master
The A's don't have the have the money to win. They are always lacking hitters and in some cases a pitcher or two. Maybe after a new stadium & new city. Beane was offered the job at Boston before Theo got there. Boston offer was 3 million at the time. The A's counter offer was I think 1% of the club or something like that. Boston then gave it to theo after beane turned them down.. No longer the GM of the A's beane probably is looking at every deal.

Winning regular season games hasn't been the problem. They won over 100 games in both 2001 and 2002. Over 90 wins every year from 2000-2004. 94 wins in 2012, 96 in 2013, 88 and a wild card in 2014 and 97 last year.

MrTop

EOG Master
regular season has quite a number of misfit teams. Playoffs have the better staffs & defense along with the hitters . The tampa's and A's teams have a tough time to win it all. The Tampa team did sneak into the WS though. The twins team this year has the defense like the A' and tampa but they can hit real well too.

Question is do you give up top prospects like Lewis and/or Kirilloff to get Thor and win now?

Twins would be very wise to make that deal. They already have a nice outfield and have Trevor Larnach on the farm. Royce Lewis is unlikely to be able to stay on the dirt and probably headed for a future in the OF.

Heim

EOG Master
Twins would be very wise to make that deal. They already have a nice outfield and have Trevor Larnach on the farm. Royce Lewis is unlikely to be able to stay on the dirt and probably headed for a future in the OF.

I agree. Plus most are having career years which won't be duplicated. As George Allen used to say the future is now.