The Miracle in Miami

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
CBS announcer Ian Eagle labeled it, "Miraculous in MIami."

A 69-yard play involving a pass and lateral from Tannehill to Stills to Parker to Drake.

Miami defeated New England, 34-33, in a game which saw nine lead changes.

New England closed -420 (CGT) on the money line.

A few teasers may have been blown up as well.

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Hero Kenyan Drake said immediately after the game, "We practice that play all the time."

Kudos to Miami head coach Adam Gase.

One of the keys to the play: The fake laterals by Drake.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Drake, a second-year player out of Alabama, is the most explosive player in space on Miami's roster.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
LOL at Gronk trying to make the game saving tackle
This is a huge mistake by the hoodie. Why was Gronkowski in the game. It wasnt a hail Mary situation from 68 yards away. If a normal db is in for Gronkowski they make the game saving tackle.

kane

EOG master
This is a huge mistake by the hoodie. Why was Gronkowski in the game. It wasnt a hail Mary situation from 68 yards away. If a normal db is in for Gronkowski they make the game saving tackle.

Maybe, maybe not, of course we'll never know, Drake is very shifty so he might have scored anyway, but the larger point as you mention is why is Gronk even in there, Tannehill can't reach the end zone from that distance so it should have been obvious they would try a lateral play of some sort, no reason for Gronk to have been on the field for the last play

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Agree completely, Sporty.

One Miami player said after the game that once he saw Kenyan Drake with the ball turning the corner with only one man to beat, he knew that Drake would score.

"No offensive player is going to stop Drake at that point," he said.

Searching for the Miami player's name now.

kane

EOG master
Just read that the Patriots leading tackler Devin mccourty wasn't even on the field for that last play.

Good luck trying to get an answer outta the Hoodie on his personnel decisions. We still don't know why Malcolm Butler was benched for the SB

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Perfect, can call next Sunday's game "The Miracle Bowl" with those two teams and the past two winning miracle plays!

The Vikings were flat as a pancake for its game following the Minneapolis Miracle.

Final score: Eagles 38 Vikings 7.

The Vikes closed a 3-point favorite.

Mr. Met

EOG Addicted
Loved the play. Yes it was a fluke, but wish we saw these lateral type rugby plays in the league more often.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Everyone in the Detroit Lions fan base has another team they root for, because the Lions never win anything. For me, that team is the Miami Dolphins. I've been following them since the days of the perfect season when I was 7 years old. Griese, Kiick, Csonka, Warfield, etc. then the 1980s, killer B's, Duper, Duhe, Cefalo, Duriel Harris, and on to Marino, etc.

I was absolutely thrilled to see the play and hear that the Dolphins pulled it out. Interesting that I was on hand at Hard Rock Stadium, for their only home loss of the year, to the Detroit Lions of all teams, lol.

Fins Up!

Last edited by a moderator: