The NBA is the real loser after failing to send Zion to New York or L.A.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
NBA going to implode. Each time I bring it up to random people wherever I'm at they have the same response...

A joke. Nobody cares. Garbage. Laughing.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Williamson was quickly whisked out of the draft room after it was revealed Pelicans won the 1st pick.

Do you not think this guy is telling himself fuck my life now? I have no intrest in playing for the fucking Pelicans just like AD.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Unless NO gets the farm for the #1 pick, Zion will be a Pelican for a long time.

And you're going to get a grumpy mother fucker at that

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
I like Frazier Reed and the rest but the Knicks Bulls Knicks Heat Knicks Pacers battles is what many people remember. The ones still going to Knicks games.

kane

EOG master
NBA teams did well with Jordan & James when they went to each city.

If the NBA had it's way LeBron wouldn't have gone to Cleveland, he would have gone to a bigger market, if Zion is the real deal he can do for NO what LeBron did for Cleveland

MrTop

EOG Master
If the NBA had it's way LeBron wouldn't have gone to Cleveland, he would have gone to a bigger market, if Zion is the real deal he can do for NO what LeBron did for Cleveland

agree. I don't think he will be anywhere as good as LeBron. I am betting a bust . 285lbs is my reason.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
What would you do fair? Keep AD and Zion and pray they pan out and play hard for you?

You make your team attractive enough to attract FA’s. The Bulls have failed at this concept since Jordan left. Right now NO is better than most of the west.

Why do you think Zion won’t play hard, because it’s not NY? Personally I wouldn’t want a player who tries to play himself off of teams. Didn’t Paul George want to leave OKC?

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
He can leave after his rookie contract ends, he doesn't have to be a Pelican for life

BINGO! He has to be in NO or 5 years. At most. He can try and leave after 4 but he is only a RFA and any team that offers him a deal would see it matched by the Pelicans. After 5 he is a UFA

MrTop

EOG Master
Market size doesn't matter anymore. Did it hurt Lebron? Not at all.

LeBron still would make money but a bigger market is always better for player and the NBA. Jordan had NYC fans grinding their teeth at night when he came to town for years.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Back in the days KD was different. Ego didnt kick in. He played at Texas. A power but not a power house. Zion is a different animal. Body and especially mind.

It's not outrageous to think he will go through the motions in NO.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
LeBron still would make money but a bigger market is always better for player and the NBA. Jordan had NYC fans grinding their teeth at night when he came to town for years.
The only markets that matter in the new NBA are the international markets. It is huge.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Back in the days KD was different. Ego didnt kick in. He played at Texas. A power but not a power house. Zion is a different animal. Body and especially mind.

Maybe LeBron can demand a trade to NO then, they can go all-in right now.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Lebron can do anything he wants. If be tells Lakers to trade 4th pick to NO for AD, they will do it.

If he wants to team up with Irving again, he will.

AD Lebron Irving playing for Lakers next season isnt insane.

kane

EOG master

Yeah, it is