The Open contest --- Starts on Thursday July 18th

ChiTownJoe

EOG Dedicated
Starts Thursday (7/18), same format as Masters/PGA/US Open contest.

$50 per entry/max two entries

If we have 6 entries or more contest will go.

EOG will add 10% to prize pool, if we have 10 or more entries will pay 2nd place.

Entries PM'd to ComptrBob

I'll post field on Monday,

I'm in, need at least 5 more entries. Deadline to get picks into Bob and money to me will be 7/18 at 12:30 am CST

RULES:

You pick 7 golfers, 5 from groups of the world rankings on Monday 7/15 (I'll list everyone on Monday morning). One golfer from golfers ranked 1-6, one golfer from 7-12, one from 13-18, one from 19-24, and 25-30. Then 2 golfers ranked > 30.

*The winner will be determined by the combined 72 hole total of your 7 golfers. Lowest score wins.

**Tie breaker: The guess closest to the score of the man holding the Claret Jug on Sunday (over/under par).

***If any of your golfers do not make the cut that golfer will receive the greater of: 1) his Thursday / Friday total doubled or 2)one plus the highest 4 day total in the remaining field of golfers.

****If your golfer withdrawals from the tournament at any time for any reason after the commencement of play that golfer will receive one plus the highest 4 day total in the remaining field of golfers.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Rail still hasn’t got back to me from my challenge to him with a British Open head to head contest for 500 clams.....don’t blame him because he would just be donating....

Hopefully he gets into ChiTownJoes contest for fifty and ease his pain....

ChiTownJoe

EOG Dedicated
Looks like we have 6 so far for the last major.

Get picks sent to ComptrBob with 72 hole winning score for tiebreaker by Thurs 12:30 am CST, send money to me in same manner as other contests.

Pick 1 player from each GROUP and 2 wildcards from rest of field not in TOP 30 of World Golf Rankings

GROUP A
Brooks Koepka
Dustin Johnson
Rory McIlroy
Justin Rose
Tiger Woods
Bryson DeChambeau

GROUP B
Francesco Molinari
Jon Rahm
Justin Thomas
Patrick Cantlay
Xander Schauffele
Gary Woodland

GROUP C
Matt Kuchar
Rickie Fowler
Paul Casey
Adam Scott
Tony Finau
Jason Day

GROUP D
Webb Simpson
Tommy Fleetwood
Bubba Watson
Louis Oosthuizen
Matt Wallace
Marc Leishman

GROUP E
Patrick Reed
Chez Reavie
Kevin Kisner
Phil Mickelson
Hideki Matsuyama
Matthew Fitzpatrick

Rest of field can be found here https://www.theopen.com/teetimes

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
well PM my picks before deadline. just looking things over esp the 2 not on the lists. lots of entries.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Arturo is either getting home real late or waking up real early

Case of waking up early....the last two days have been Buddha Days here....all the bars and clubs were closed for two days....the Open starts at 1230 PM here in the land of smiles....all bars are packed with golf enthusiasts....

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Looks like I'll be rooting against Stenson and Cabrera-Bello.

I feel like dumb money right now.

Dammit.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Standings >Midway thru R1:

Entrant Score Par Holes Left
CecTheFleece 495 -2 15
TryTryTry 496 -1 16
ChiTownJoe 496 -1 26
Chef 499 2 19
JohnKelly 501 4 24
Dink 507 10 11
ViejoDinosaur 510 13 30

Last edited:

Chef

EOG Enthusiast
When I saw David Duval was in my first thought was good for him he is still grinding. He shot a 91 today.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Almost finished with R1:

Entrant Score Par Holes Left

TryTryTry 494 -3 4
Chef 495 -2 6
CecTheFleece 497 0 3
ChiTownJoe 497 0 7
JohnKelly 498 1 8
Dink 505 8 4
ViejoDinosaur 511 14 8