The site of tonight's Bulls-Magic game

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Mexico City, Mexico.

This game is part of the NBA's Mexico City Games.

The Magic will stay and play the Jazz Saturday in Mexico City.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Leaning to the under...what do you think of the total?
I like teams who are united. I don’t like them when they all hate the coach. It’s like the London NFL games, usually a team doesn’t want to be there, and it’s probably the Bulls. They do have Dunn and Portis back, which should help the under. I’ll have to look more at this, was leaning Orlando in-game if the Bulls started fast.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Orlando's Evan Fournier missed the team's last game for personal reasons but he should be back in the lineup tonight.

I love his game.

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated
Wagering tip for this game: study the benches closely.

Altitude has a greater effect on basketball players than football players due to the up and down nature of the game.

I would be surprised if any one player gets more than 31-32 minutes.

I also would avoid this game if I were a DFS player.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Mauer, Barnaky and Acota are tonight's officials.

I assume they will call Saturday's game as well?

unluckysob

EOG Dedicated
Thanks John---Wondered why that game was starting at 9:35. They last played Monday, Bulls scored 89 points, Magic scored 76.

Valuist

EOG Master
If the Magic are playing a second game Saturday, have to think they will have a conditioning edge having played a game in the elevation two days before.

kane

EOG master
If the Magic are playing a second game Saturday, have to think they will have a conditioning edge having played a game in the elevation two days before.

Makes sense, but the second game is against Utah, those guys are used to playing in high elevation

Valuist

EOG Master
As bad as the Bulls are, and have been, have to think their "brand" is still stronger than either Orlando or Utah. Probably will see a few Jordan, Pippen and Rodman jerseys in the arena.

ChiTownJoe

EOG Dedicated
Heard a stat on Brent's network this morning driving to work that Bulls are something like 20-8 in 1st Q this yr

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Under

High altitude plus what almost certainly has to be awful shooting conditions should see this one stay under

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
As bad as the Bulls are, and have been, have to think their "brand" is still stronger than either Orlando or Utah. Probably will see a few Jordan, Pippen and Rodman jerseys in the arena.

Fans sided with the Bulls.

Evan Fournier commented after the game, "A few too many Bulls fans."

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Heard a stat on Brent's network this morning driving to work that Bulls are something like 20-8 in 1st Q this yr

Score after one quarter: Bulls 26 Magic 24.

Chicago improves to 21-8 in the first quarter.

Amazing for a team that's 6-23 on the season.

Valuist

EOG Master
Curious to see if the Bulls are legged up tomorrow in San Antonio. I remember hearing about a study where MLB teams are profitable bets in their first game after playing in Coors.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Utah plays Monday at Houston. Might wanna see how Da Bulls do in San Antonio for a "measuring guide" for how Utah does in Houston

Valuist

EOG Master
And the way the Bulls won wasn't a coincidence either. Trailing throughout, they finally wore out the Spurs in the final minutes. That was pure stamina; certainly not talent.

This is the equivalent of a thoroughbred turning back from a mile to 6 1/2 furlongs. Always loved the turnback angle.