The Stock Market--???

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated
What I really don't understand.. Listening to the nightly news tonight they say... "investors don't like uncertainty".. HELLO...I didn't know playing the stock market was meant to be a SURE thing!!

brucefan

EOG Dedicated
Re: The Stock Market--???

Stock market is getting killed , as predicted, as QE2 is now over or just running on fumes, and the economy has rolled over. Gdp numbers are heading to negative numbers very soon

Credit downgrade, one big yawn

Interest rates moved down, and bonds moved up!

S & P has been decredited , no one cares

Its Obama's economy that they care about

:+puking-

markinsac

EOG Dedicated

If McCain/Palin had won in 2008, all this WOULDN'T be happening?

But I do agree that people will vote on their pocketbooks and Obama's chances or reelection keep falling with the stock market. Can the Republicans field a credible candidate?

brucefan

EOG Dedicated

I see Hillary warming up in the pen

I struggle to defend McCain, however he would never have passed an 800 billion dollar stimulus package , and there would be no Obamacare
( maybe McCain care???? nah )

Looking back, I still think like our Country, we needed to take the pain

Obama was the pain, I forgive everyone who voted for him, you were played by him, and the media, ......just dont do it again

Time to find the cure

I see Hillary warming up in the pen

I struggle to defend McCain, however he would never have passed an 800 billion dollar stimulus package , and there would be no Obamacare
( maybe McCain care???? nah )

Also...

• No Cass Sunstein, Christina Romer, Kevin Jennings, Eric Holder, John Holdren, Van Jones and all the other radical Marxist nutjobs doing god-knows-what behind the scenes

• No Sotomayer and Kagan on the Supreme Court

• No Dodd-Frank finance bill

• No expansion of S-Chip

• No government takeovers of GM, Chrysler and student loans

• No action in Libya without congressional authorization

• No gays in the military and miranda rights for terrorists

• An aggressive America-first energy policy, headed by VP Sarah Palin

• No draconian EPA crackdowns

• No anti-gun Fast and Furious scandals
The list never ends!

McVain was probably the WORST possible GOP nominee but if anyone thinks he would have been worse than the American-hating Kenyan Marxist we have now they are nuts.

At least McVain wouldn't purposely dismantle and destroy the country! :doh1

eberetta1

EOG Addicted

Obama is definitely up there with Jimmy Carter for running a country. Any President is probably a puppet for the 400 americans that own half the wealth in America.

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated

The aging of America, medical bills and bankruptcy have lead to problems for the economy. In 2009, I saw a statistic, that is AMAZING. 66% of ALL personal bankruptcys were medically related. In a personal bankruptcy, EVERYONE loses and it's the ultimate ponsy scheme. Insurance companies ??? Go figure. Look at this tiny example. An emergency room visit (1 night and out the next day); the hospital including doctors billed $10,000. Because I had insurance, they took my little $75. copay and the $2000, which Blue Cross paid them and marked the bill as "PAID IN FULL".

Consider this, if I had not had insurance, they want the ENTIRE $10,000. No deals or settling for less! So a guy without it, that is allready in debt, files bankruptcy. Now who pays the bill?

brucefan

EOG Dedicated

Long term, still looking for DOW 5000, GOLD 5000 :pop:

On track for sure, ratio closed today @ 6.5 :cheers

eberetta1

EOG Addicted

The aging of America, medical bills and bankruptcy have lead to problems for the economy. In 2009, I saw a statistic, that is AMAZING. 66% of ALL personal bankruptcys were medically related. In a personal bankruptcy, EVERYONE loses and it's the ultimate ponsy scheme. Insurance companies ??? Go figure. Look at this tiny example. An emergency room visit (1 night and out the next day); the hospital including doctors billed $10,000. Because I had insurance, they took my little $75. copay and the $2000, which Blue Cross paid them and marked the bill as "PAID IN FULL".

Consider this, if I had not had insurance, they want the ENTIRE $10,000. No deals or settling for less! So a guy without it, that is allready in debt, files bankruptcy. Now who pays the bill?

Sounds like the new math we have been hearing about for a long time. I think the hospital could report an unpaid debt as a deduction on their tax bill to lower their profit that they report.

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated

Sounds like the new math we have been hearing about for a long time. I think the hospital could report an unpaid debt as a deduction on their tax bill to lower their profit that they report.

Basically the hospitals and doctors are overcharging. I mean they were happy to take $2,000 on WHAT they billed for $10,000. These are the tax tricks played by the big corporations that the little guys pay for in the US!

When a multi-millionaire owner, pays less taxes than his secretary; I don't quite get that math.

Basically the hospitals and doctors are overcharging. I mean they were happy to take $2,000 on WHAT they billed for $10,000. These are the tax tricks played by the big corporations that the little guys pay for in the US!

When a multi-millionaire owner, pays less taxes than his secretary; I don't quite get that math.

If the government forces a business to give away their product to certain politically favorable groups, they have to overcharge their paying customers to compensate for those losses.

scrimmage

What you contemplate you imitate

If McCain/Palin had won in 2008, all this WOULDN'T be happening?

But I do agree that people will vote on their pocketbooks and Obama's chances or reelection keep falling with the stock market. Can the Republicans field a credible candidate?
Obama's a lock to win in 2012 since he's on pace to raise over $1 Billion dollars for his re-election campaign.
Obama's served his donors well so far [who spent $700 million+ in 2008],and they have no reason to change horses in midstream.
The 2 party duopoly will continue in the next election cycle no matter who gets the most approval from the benighted citizens that go to the polls.

OPINION: 2012 campaign funds tell the tale: Obama out to commanding lead
By Juan Williams - 07/17/11 09:59 PM ET
The silence of the big-dollar donors on the Republican side of the race for the White House is deafening these days.
The first round of fundraising reports for the 2012 presidential candidates, released last week, shows the GOP field lagging far behind the 2008 Republican field.

Four years ago, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, Arizona Sen. John McCain and former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani and the other candidates had raked in $112 million. The GOP class of 2012 has raised a meager $35 million.
On the Democratic side, meanwhile, the president has shattered the first-quarter fundraising records for an incumbent. He raised an unprecedented $86 million. That is more than the $60 million goal his campaign had set and easily surpasses the $50.1 million that then-President Bush had raised at the same point in the 2004 cycle.
http://thehill.com/opinion/columnists/juan-williams/171917-money-tells-the-tale-obama-out-to-big-lead