The top horse in the world runs in about 33 minutes (8:30 central) at Royal Ascot today

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
Gotta love Dettori after getting run down late in the Britannia when going for fifth in a row after race quick interview...: "20 years ago I would have won"

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
a straight mile with 30 horses up next

stick to the high barrier draws 14 stall and higher. in the Exacta boxes also, I box up the top 6 or so in the market from the high draws
using #14 lady madison win place each way and 25-1 on exchanges. shes a good one and drawn well in post 16 so will use the Stands side in that mass of horses. want to be on that side still.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
yuk that race did not go well for trytrytry

but a female jockey won! that is the first female Royal Ascot win in 30 years!! so some history and headlines again at ASCOT today

Hayley Turner

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
Hayley Turner became only the second female jockey – and first since Gay Kelleway 32 years ago – to ride a Royal Ascot winner when Thanks Be triumphed in the Sandringham Handicap.

Turner got Charlie Fellowes’ 33-1 shot home in front by a neck from the Queen’s Magnetic Charm over the straight mile.

Reflecting on her success, Turner, who had a brief spell in retirement before returning to the saddle, said: “The girls’ changing rooms are full now – and it was only a matter of time.

“Gay Kelleway was obviously the first, and great respect to her. It is certainly overdue and the girls have been doing so well, since I first started riding, to the standard they are now.

“Nicola Currie was close and Hollie Doyle and Josephine Gordon have had good rides here. Everyone is like, ‘why are no girls winning’, but numbers are rising and it will happen in time.

“It was just a thrill to have a winner for Charlie, who is an up-and-coming trainer to keep in with. It does mean a lot and the whole girl thing, it is just going to get better and better for them.

“Nothing is going to happen overnight, but if you look at this in 10 years’ time I bet a lot more girls have done it. It will become a common thing and the media won’t care that much, as it will become normal.”