THE TOUGHEST WISEGUYS TO BEAT

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Re: THE TOUGHEST WISEGUYS TO BEAT

:LMAO:LMAOhe was a regular in the UNLV band at the Thomas and Mack back in those days...always good for stories...

Ray Luca

EOG Master
Re: BACK IN THE PIONEER DAYS THESE WERE THE TOUGHEST WISEGUYS TO BEAT:

91/92...always talked to D.....
:cheers

D liked the trotters :)

The guy who handicapped the games was winning in the 80's. I was only in HS back then. I got the material but was more interested in girls lol

:cheers

Woodrow Wilson

EOG Dedicated

ya i worked 3-5 during the week....now i work 9.5 months a year 7 days a week 12 hours a day( i love it still)..but i have to be up on stuff or im worthless.....still get 2.5 months a year of nothingness which is nice but this is still fun for me or id have packed it in already

Great thread from many of the old-timers with a Dink mention. There isn't enough of this sort of material at EOG nowadays.

Does anybody have an updated list of the toughest wiseguys to beat?

Who ever would have known Viejo actually posted anything here unrelated to Railbird?

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
Great thread.

Stumbled upon this report from 22 years ago featuring several offshore sports books.
Hosted by Buzz Daly.
I think pinnacle is the only one still open.

Last edited:

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated
Great thread from many of the old-timers with a Dink mention. There isn't enough of this sort of material at EOG nowadays.

Does anybody have an updated list of the toughest wiseguys to beat?

Who ever would have known Viejo actually posted anything here unrelated to Railbird?
Not many individual bettors left. Kind of have to work with movers, groups and have someone staring at 270 beat writers on Twitter 24/7.

There's a lot of winners. I talk to a few people a day.
Don't do anything but CFB and NBA here are my guesses as to who's toughest. Maybe someone will confirm.

NBA - ER, CM (Chicago group), White (Cleveland)
EW, RH (NYC) HB (playoffs only)
CFB- Harout, ES, Richie, BW, RAS, Larry (Texas) and BP (fcs) maybe JT.

Ray Donovan

EOG Member
Great thread.

Stumbled upon this report from 22 years ago featuring several offshore sports books.
Hosted by Buzz Daly.
Wish they would have interviewed the Big H @ Pinnacle @ Curacao & Let him explain how they 'operated' on the for reaLz. Anyone else have Lots of dealings back 2000/2006 w/Penny ? Very interesting & unique thread. Are there any Sportspooks still in Jamaica 🇯🇲 Like Spiro was ?

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Wish they would have interviewed the Big H @ Pinnacle @ Curacao & Let him explain how they 'operated' on the for reaLz. Anyone else have Lots of dealings back 2000/2006 w/Penny ? Very interesting & unique thread. Are there any Sportspooks still in Jamaica 🇯🇲 Like Spiro was ?
Lots of smaller books would copy Pinny halftime basketball lines at night and get punished…Pinny put up bad numbers purposely and bet into those small books that copied them…I know because i was in charge of putting up lines at night for BetCris…

Rockfish

EOG Addicted
Great video Neveragain. That was the old building Pinnacle was in before they moved to offices at the Holiday Beach around 2001.
Roger from Detroit working at WWTS was funny to listen to. He had a look of old time bookie. The good old days.

Rockfish

EOG Addicted
No chance in a million years that Henry would ever do an interview. He was as low key as they come. wanted nothing to do with any publicity on himself.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
No chance in a million years that Henry would ever do an interview. He was as low key as they come. wanted nothing to do with any publicity on himself.
He was so low key that he was at the same dinner table that I was at and I did not recognize him until Willy Loman told me who he was….real class act….

WILLROBINSON

EOG Member
Thank You Very Much for the video Ray!!! I never saw that before - I cried watching Roger’s interview ! Hearing his voice and seeing him talk made me sad, but happy too! Thanks Again! PS Can’t believe he had less than a year left to live when they shot that!

WILLROBINSON

EOG Member
Great thread.

Hosted by Buzz Daly.
Hi Neveragain, Thank You Very Much for the Video! (I thought Ray Donovan put it up - Sorry! My mistake!) I have never seen that before. Watching Roger’s interview with Buzz made me cry - Thank You! Gonna go out and have a shot or two of Johnny Walker Black in Rog’s honor!

Ray Luca

EOG Master
no, they mean the 2000's poster. dude was dumber than a spoiled bag of shrimp, but lots of folks liked his picks. make of that what you will.

He worked for a bookmaker I knew once. He knew me and my horse race house q crew back in the day. He was sharp as far as which outfits were on what. For me it had nothing to do with his picks. He was a pretty cool dude. Granted he had some weaknesses....doesn't everyone?

He worked for a bookmaker I knew once. He knew me and my horse race house q crew back in the day. He was sharp as far as which outfits were on what. For me it had nothing to do with his picks. He was a pretty cool dude. Granted he had some weaknesses....doesn't everyone?
everyone does, but rainbow didn't seem to recognize his, and would regularly engage in epic conversations of unbelievably escalating stupidity.

Ray Luca

EOG Master
everyone does, but rainbow didn't seem to recognize his, and would regularly engage in epic conversations of unbelievably escalating stupidity.

I don't read all the nonsense....but he was definitely in the know not only BW sides and head fakes but he was one of a very few who seemed to know the plays BW had larger amounts on. That was the key to the city. He was a character and I do miss him.

WILLROBINSON

EOG Member
Rainbow was the original Energizer Bunny! Don’t know if he ever slept! But you are right about him knowing which outfit was on which side and how strong a play everybody had. Will say this, Mickey Wheels used to berate the shit out of Richie and quite often, literally beat his ass and he would always show up the next day! Dumber than a bag of spoiled shrimp, would like to disagree, but as Ray Luca says, we all got our weaknesses. Have a Great Night/Morning wherever the Hell you are!

Rockfish

EOG Addicted
Ray, You must have known Little Johnny in Vegas back in the late 90's working out of his room in the Orleans.

Rockfish

EOG Addicted
Hi Neveragain, Thank You Very Much for the Video! (I thought Ray Donovan put it up - Sorry! My mistake!) I have never seen that before. Watching Roger’s interview with Buzz made me cry - Thank You! Gonna go out and have a shot or two of Johnny Walker Black in Rog’s honor!
Will, you worked offshore back then? If so, you must have some great stories from back then?

WILLROBINSON

EOG Member
Hi Rock, I remember one story. I had just called out a play for the Koshers one day and I heard one of our supervisors from the next office over yelling at one of the local clerks in our office. The Supervisor was fired up, and he’s no little fella - an ex-Marine, he told this Dominican gangster wannabe that he better not miss - he was pointing a pistol at him. Next thing I knew, the Marine had yanked the guy with the gun right out the doors to our office - and he broke BOTH DOORS as he rolled through doors with the Dominican clerk! I remember the Dominican’s name but I’m gonna wait and see if our pal here remembers it. The Good Ole Days!

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Hi Rock, I remember one story. I had just called out a play for the Koshers one day and I heard one of our supervisors from the next office over yelling at one of the local clerks in our office. The Supervisor was fired up, and he’s no little fella - an ex-Marine, he told this Dominican gangster wannabe that he better not miss - he was pointing a pistol at him. Next thing I knew, the Marine had yanked the guy with the gun right out the doors to our office - and he broke BOTH DOORS as he rolled through doors with the Dominican clerk! I remember the Dominican’s name but I’m gonna wait and see if our pal here remembers it. The Good Ole Days!

Rafeal…Dominican clerk and thief….

half the office was telling him to shoot….hahahaha

Rockfish

EOG Addicted
Great story. When the gun came out there wasn't a robot in your office yelling "Danger Will Robinson Danger". Ha Ha!

WILLROBINSON

EOG Member
Great story. When the gun came out there wasn't a robot in your office yelling "Danger Will Robinson Danger". Ha Ha!
You must be old to remember ‘Lost in Space’! I think they could have rebooted that old show and called it ‘Lost in the DR’! One night , Roger and I were drinking in our normal saloon, The Grand Cafe, and who walked in and sat down next to us, Jose Rijo and Juan Marichal ! We bought em a round or two on the way out to ‘meet’ some women. Roger was something, he used to always take two women home with him. When I asked him about that, he told me, “ I always take two home, so when I’m done, they’ll have somebody to talk to!”

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
You must be old to remember ‘Lost in Space’! I think they could have rebooted that old show and called it ‘Lost in the DR’! One night , Roger and I were drinking in our normal saloon, The Grand Cafe, and who walked in and sat down next to us, Jose Rijo and Juan Marichal ! We bought em a round or two on the way out to ‘meet’ some women. Roger was something, he used to always take two women home with him. When I asked him about that, he told me, “ I always take two home, so when I’m done, they’ll have somebody to talk to!”
Roger and I were roommates in the DR for a year…the land lord burned our beds when we moved out…Roger was quite the character…I sure do miss him….I have many Roger stories that I could tell but nobody would believe them unless they knew him…that whole office was full of characters…trying to figure out which one was you..send me a private message….