They're Getting Most Of MLB Future Money....

MrTop

EOG Master
Lot of love on the Reds. Pecota high on them. Meanwhile the books have them coming in 3rd in the division. Something has to give.

Valuist

EOG Master
I don't really get all the love for Cincinnati. Their hitting stats are strongly inflated because of that ballpark. If you get 500 plate appearances for the Reds, you SHOULD hit 25 or more HRs. Suarez just had his shoulder operated on. It wasn't major surgery, but it still was a shoulder. Votto has really regressed the last 2 years. Votto and Moustakis on the same side of the infield? A groundballer like Gray will be frustrated at all the ground ball base hits to that side. Bauer looked exceptional in 2018 with an ERA in the low 2s, but that is the only season of his career in which his ERA was below 4. Really looks like an outlier. They added an outfielder from Japan who sounds like a decent player but you just don't know until they face MLB pitching. The starting staff certainly not bad but I'm skeptical of them getting to 85 wins or so. They made a bunch of moves last year and it didn't work. A bunch more this year and we've seen a number of teams in recent years who "won" the offseason only to see the parts not matching up. I can see the Reds leading the league in solo home runs.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Probably 3/1, don't have to give much more.

BINGO! Sorta like the Cubs. If the "true" odds are say, 25-1, the books know people will bet on them no matter what so they offer 20-1 or worse knowing people will still bet them. Same with the EE. Books know after the Cole signing people will flock to bet the EE so why offer higher than they have to offer. Makes sense.