Things in life that are -EV

railbird

EOG Master
Re: Things in life that are -EV

buying tickets at the box office s -EV. If the game is not sold out that means you can get them half price in the parking lot.

railbird

EOG Master

Home ownership is -EV. Real Estate has always been a declining asset, with the exception of the last 30 years of the 20th century.

ajaysdreamplays

EOG Addicted

So far in my life at least CHURCH

Whatever one might think about religion - any religion - never has any other institution had anywhere near the level of success at socialization as the church.

Take for example the service clubs - Rotary, Lions, Kiwanis, Shriners, etc. - normally they are segregated by sex with almost no regular family interaction.

Schools - kids become friends and sweethearts, but very little in the way of lifeskills are learned and practiced as they are informally in a church. Almost no family interaction.

Hobby groups - fun for the individual, seldom the family. Often they even deprive a family from time together (as in a dad playing golf with his buddies on the same day his kid is playing in a Little League game).

Internet message boards - need I say more?

Meanwhile, the church provides assistance to the poor and needy where government beauracracy breaks down.

Many, many opportunities abound for family interaction - pot luck dinners, actual church services, Halloween, Christmas, and other special occasions.

Husband-wife bonds and inter-family bonds can be strengthened through Sunday schools. (This benefit I have personally received and witnessed many times over).

Kids gain lifeskills and maturity through working with other kids and adults in various goal-oriented drives mounted with a community purpose - such as helping Katrina victims and more recently here in Texas - fire victims who have lost everything.

I could go on, but obviously PO69 and others have had such negative church experiences leading them to post on this subject that I rather suspect it's time to have them let off their steam in the form of all the negatives they perceive from their church experiences.

Pretty much anything with material and social status attached to it.

Shirts with polo ponies on them, Harley Davidsons, Rolex watches, and on and on. Lots of -EV shopping opportunities on the Strip.

And, oh yeah, the Las Vegas monorail.

pvcpipe

EOG Master

Real Estate has always been a declining asset, with the exception of the last 30 years of the 20th century.

crazy. i guess real estate in manhattan just stayed stagnant as a motherfucker from 1900 to 1970. never would've thought that. because i'm not retarded.

Apple

Banned

Life is not about avoiding -EV things, imo. I like stripclubs, expensive food, new cars...you only live once, so might as well enjoy it. But if you really want to analyze things, then getting married is the biggest -EV thing you can do. You are locking yourself in a long term contract with a declining asset! :LMAO:LMAO

my girl is hinting about marriage and Im hesitant.. After reading this it makes me even more hesitant.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master

internet tough guys

marriage (actually whores are cheaper because you only have to pay them when you use them. ex wives have to be paid each month and that could increase if you happen to become a better business man after the divorce)

stu feiner/brandon lang/jack price/jonathon stone ... (__________) fill in the blank with about a thousand cappers names

drinking booze/beer at a bar

eating out. (really $45 for a steak)

raising small pairs from UTG...and calling a reraise then.

pvcpipe

EOG Master

internet tough guys

stu feiner/brandon lang/jack price/jonathon stone ... (__________) fill in the blank with about a thousand cappers names

JONATHAN STONE.....HE FEELS YOU CAN MOVE ON THIS GAME AS IF IT'S ALREADY BEEN PLAYED.....

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Going to a sporting event.

Tickets, Parking, Food, Beer... they try fuckin' you ten different ways by the time you're done. My TV will do just fine. Thank you.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Great thread, Kinger.

I love when gamblers express their views on risk/reward situations in everyday life.

Coach Taft

EOG Member

1. Women that are not "happy", never marry one that is not a "happy" type, or you lose for life.

2. Drinking outside the home, nothing good happens when you do this.

3. Smoking, too many health problems and lost cash.

4. Worry, it is better to just let the Creator take care of the mess down here and relax and enjoy.

Cheers!