Third case of the coronavirus contracted in Orange County - Careful Railbird!

Biff41

EOG Dedicated
CDC exaggerating total number of case compared to other sources. Sounds like Al Gore's global warming Scietists telling us the Pacific Islands should have been flooded by 1998

blueline

EOG Master
now saying numbers could be much worse because theyre only testing people who have severe symptoms while many people with less severe symptoms go uncounted and unrecognized

now saying numbers could be much worse because theyre only testing people who have severe symptoms while many people with less severe symptoms go uncounted and unrecognized

Certainly a concern, but if you don't these people the mortality rate isn't really as high as it would seem. I think the virus is less of a concern than the economic impact. Shutting everything down for weeks to prevent something that may already be out of the bag is going to cause problems. If they had done this in Wuhan when it first hit it would have had benefits, but now it's probably pointless. People are going to continue to get infected but just a question of how many at once.

Valuist

EOG Master
VSIN always going on about handle, which is meaningless to most of us. But I would be curious to hear handle numbers this next weekend. Many people have IRAs, 401ks and regular brokerage accounts which have been crushed in recent days.

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
Yup guy i work with flew into Hong Kong last week. When going to Shenzhen/Dongguan area its easier to go thru HK then ferry over if you don't have driver. He said they check everybodys temp everytime you walk back into hotel. Also police are doing random checks on the road, temperature checks.

Ray Luca

EOG Master
Death rate still only about 3% so its infectious, but generally not deadly. The biggest problem is the supply chain disruption to so many US companies who rely on China for manufacturing.

Death rate way up 50+ years old...also full blown pandemic here and many won't have hospita; beds

Valuist

EOG Master
When you see the market have a horrific day (Monday) and then not only not have any bounce, but has a similarly horrible day Tuesday and can't even manage a minor dead cat bounce Wednesday, it tells me the market fears the worst.

Market wise, no reason to rush in. It could still go lower. Some technical damage has been done and that will take some time to repair. Very few "V bottom" recoveries.

blueline

EOG Master
I forgot the terminology used but in an interview I saw the 2 biggest US incidents were HIV and 1918 flu and this one could equal or surpass the 1918 flu