Third Troubling Game in a Row for Northwestern MBB

JavyBaez9

EOG Master
Many expected much more from this team, this will be the third straight game where they've looked bad if they don't pull a miracle out of their ass here.

One thing about Northwestern is their home court advantage is so limited... small gym, unenthusiastic student section, and lots of old geezers sitting close.

Re: Third Troubling Game in a Row for Northwestern MBB

Many expected much more from this team, this will be the third straight game where they've looked bad if they don't pull a miracle out of their ass here.

One thing about Northwestern is their home court advantage is so limited... small gym, unenthusiastic student section, and lots of old geezers sitting close.

Their home court advantage is limited, but not for the reasons you stated. They aren't playing in their home gym this season while their arena is renovated. They are playing off campus.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Their home court advantage is limited, but not for the reasons you stated. They aren't playing in their home gym this season while their arena is renovated. They are playing off campus.

can't even tell, that's how shitty their original home court is

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated

NW playing in Rosemont which certainly hurts

Entertaining first half if you like offense and AAU style defense. McIntosh finally got aggressive towards end of half.

Losing Lumpkin hurt them...he was a glue guy though not a stats guy.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Might have to go up to that dump Rosemont and suffer through a few hours of blackjack at shitty ass Rivers and catch a game

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

NW will win this game don't worry about your bet Javy.

I really don't have a bet on NW. I would have posted it in my picks thread, pal.

I am fond of NW hoops though these last few years, I would like to see them do well.

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated

Zero interest in defense

Scottie Lindsey might as well hang out at mid court like that younger Ball kid in high school

IssaJet

EOG Enthusiast

I like how you use the word "many" when you mean "I" expected much more.

railbird

EOG Master

I see that happen a lot where a group of juniors have a great season, and then when seniors stink it up.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Entertaining first half if you like offense and AAU style defense. McIntosh finally got aggressive towards end of half.

Gotta wonder how many students will make the trip during the B10 season from Evanston to Rosemont. I’m guessing not many.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

TobyTyler spot-on.

What else is new?

Don Eagleston

EOG Addicted

Students spending $75,000/year or so on college don't have time to watch mediocre basketball. I thought Creighton getting was an easy play knowing little about either team. With Creighton you think basketball; with NW you think journalism and fixing games.

Back in the day, NW had a huge home court advantage in that little gym. Beat Magic by 25 back in '79 and usually gave Knight all he wanted.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Lost by 36 to Texas Tech today. Jesus.

Clark Kellogg picked them to make the final four, he may want that one back.

Heim

EOG Master

Falzon back will help. However in conference play they're going to have problems with big front lines like Minnesota et al.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Students spending $75,000/year or so on college don't have time to watch mediocre basketball. I thought Creighton getting was an easy play knowing little about either team. With Creighton you think basketball; with NW you think journalism and fixing games.

Back in the day, NW had a huge home court advantage in that little gym. Beat Magic by 25 back in '79 and usually gave Knight all he wanted.
Don’t confuse HCA with teams coming in flat and thinking they had a easy win. Playing at Welsh-Ryan has never been tough for the visitors.

I do remember the Sparty game with Magic that lost at NU, Don.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

If memory serves, the Wildcats' upset of Michigan State that season was the last loss of Magic's college career.

Heim

EOG Master

Gave up 68 first half points to Oklahoma. Most 1H points allowed by a major conference team in L10 years.

Sleepy

EOG Master

Wildcats are a joke.

The Big Ten should kick them out for that shit showing tonight.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

No tournament this year for Northwestern it looks like

Just not the same team.

Heim

EOG Master

NU not the type of team to put two great games B2B...

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

The Wildcats were 4-for-22 from three-point range against Indiana before hitting their final three shots from beyond the arc.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

CBS college hoop commentator Clark Kellogg said during the second half of Indiana's 66-46 win over Northwestern: "You wish they had a rule to keep the clock running in games of this sort."

Heim

EOG Master
In case NWU losses to Merrimack, they are predicted to finish 9th in their new conference the NEC.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Current score: Merrimack 67 Northwestern 61 with less than a minute remaining in the game.

Feels like yesterday I watched NU in Salt Lake City compete against Gonzaga in the second round of the NCAA tournament.

It was Northwestern's first-ever appearance in the NCAA basketball tournament.

The year was 2017.

Chris Collins needs to recruit better.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Devin Jensen, who can stop this man?

Final score: Merrimack 71 Northwestern 61.

And to think Devin Jensen scored only three points in Merrimack's game two nights ago, a 20-point road loss to Maine.

Jensen scored a game-high 23 tonight.

#Teenagers

Heim

EOG Master
I get it's a rebuilding year for Collins but you don't lose to a school most people think make baseball bats.

Geez...this is Merrimack's first season in Div I.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Bill Carmody coached Northwestern from 2000-2013 without ever making the NCAA Tournament.

Carmody was 70-150 in Big Ten play.

Collins is 40-70 in conference play.