This is getting ridiculous

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated
Yeah I was lost before coming eye on grandpa's but now I get it. When 270k people have died of a virus in 8 months and everything else falling apart around on us let's get upset over a feel good story. How dare a girl squib kick in a meaningless game!
What's next a female relief pitcher in September for a team who has lost 115 games?! This cancel, woke, libtard shit has gone too far! Kitchens only, maybe nurses but that's about it.
JK you should be ashamed. You copied Cokin tweets 2 days late for views and cheers from the same 10 guys per usual.
I remember like 6 years ago asking why some things were tolerated and how itd stint the growth of this forum..
Not sure what this has to do with gaming and its gonna get political which you knew already.
Gl this week sincerely to all who bet

Foresthill

EOG Addicted
Indeed.

She hid behind the squib kick strategy.

Ridiculous statement. She didn't "hide" behind anything. She clearly, intentionally, kicked it that way.

She kicked the 2nd half kickoff as instructed by the Vanderbilt coaches (probably, because in practice, they figured she couldn't kick it to the end zone -- just a guess on my part). So quit faulting her for doing what the coaches told her to do.

But, I do agree, in this sense, about the overall situation -- way too much has been made of it.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The squib kick was in order because she could not kick a football 60-70 yards.

She kicked a football like she would kick a soccer ball.

Carry on.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Ridiculous statement. She didn't "hide" behind anything. She clearly, intentionally, kicked it that way.

She kicked the 2nd half kickoff as instructed by the Vanderbilt coaches (probably, because in practice, they figured she couldn't kick it to the end zone -- just a guess on my part). So quit faulting her for doing what the coaches told her to do.

But, I do agree, in this sense, about the overall situation -- way too much has been made of it.
Let's say she is the K this week. I'm sure it will affect strategy because they won't attempt a FG, nor can she kick it deep. No team can afford to give up 20-30 yards of field position.

Foresthill

EOG Addicted
Let's say she is the K this week. I'm sure it will affect strategy because they won't attempt a FG, nor can she kick it deep. No team can afford to give up 20-30 yards of field position.

I'm surprised they couldn't find anybody on the current football roster to kickoff. My high school football team had a field goal kicker who by high school standards was very accurate, but the coaches didn't think he could kick deep enough, so we had a defensive lineman with a strong leg kickoff instead.

However, he was terrible at "squib" kicks. He drilled one right at an up lineman at the 50 yd line (back in those days kickoffs were at your own 40 yard line) instead of kicking between them, and it cost our team a game we should have won 9-7. Instead, we lost 10-9 on last second field goal by the opposition.

If we had a guy capable of "squib" kicking, similar to Sarah Fuller, we would have won that game.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Reports out that several players may quit the team or boycott this weekends game because of this farce, I'd like to see that, the media would completely melt down.

Rockfish

EOG Addicted
This thread is meaningless without naked pictures. For me to evaluate her as a kicker i need to see naked pictures but then again i am old school.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Disgusting. Never been more embarrassed to be part of the mighty SEC.

Bruce Arians is almost as bad. Made a point to hire an all black staff, OC - DC - ST - Asst HC.

The only one even close to doing a good job is Bowles.

Oh, also a couple of chicks coaching up the team. I'm sure they're the most qualified.:rolleyes:

Be Mr PC or be a football coach, quit trying to do both.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Yeah I was lost before coming eye on grandpa's but now I get it. When 270k people have died of a virus in 8 months and everything else falling apart around on us let's get upset over a feel good story.

Respect your opinion but to me football isn't played so we can manufacture a feel good story.

Lot of places to go if you need that stuff in your life.

Not fair to other kickers who have actually worked for that sort of opportunity.

Also as a side note what if you lose a big bet because a coach wants to have first chick FG kicker to try kick it in a close game?

Lose a big cover or an over bet because someone wanted to make others "feel good" and it might lose some appeal.

Feel good stories in football are welcome but when they are deserved. When they are earned......

When some kid with zero athletic ability works his ass off to get college paid for.

Or players overcome a life or crime and poverty to work on their craft and go on to be someone.

Or guys born with a birth defect work outrageously hard to earn their way on the football field.

Feel good stories that are earned I appreciate. Unearned feel good stories because someone has a pink taco between their legs ridiculous....

And in my humble opinion sends the wrong message to little girls. Clear and obvious favoritism because they have a pussy?

Again, ridiculous.

We move on.

skinny

EOG Addicted
What's going to happen if she kicks off and the other team starts running it back. Is she going to try to make a tackle?

railbird

EOG Master
sarah fuller was recruited for this stunt, im guessing. there are better female place kickers on the high school level, fuller sucks

Heim

EOG Master
To me Ann Meyers going thru training camp with the Indiana Pacers and being fairly competitive before
being cut is noteworthy. This was....well.....

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
To me Ann Meyers going thru training camp with the Indiana Pacers and being fairly competitive before
being cut is noteworthy. This was....well.....

Annie Meyers fairly competitive?

Come on now.

I'll throw the red challenge flag.

Interesting note: Her NBA tryout earned Meyers the publicity needed to land a broadcasting job and later an invitation to ABC's Superstars event where she met her future husband Don Drysdale.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
That attitude is why almost every woman wants to shoot you and Railfuck in the back.

Cue the disclaimer.

The views and opinions expressed by WildBill do not necessarily reflect the views of EOG.

Things get heated but let's not shoot anyone here.

I appreciate lively conversation, not deadly discussion.

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
this weeks game has been cancelled

More time for Sarah to take pictures.

Here's hoping she somehow cashes in on her 15 minutes of fame.

Maybe Vanderbilt football can now conduct legitimate tryouts for its placekicker position.

1607129751337.png

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
with this weeks game being cancelled I feel I am now free to watch the bears game

Haha.

And you like the Lions +3.

Hmmm...

Akiem Hicks should return to the lineup this week after sitting out last week with a strained hamstring.

The man has been called a "human Coke machine."

Good play by HEIM last week after learning of Hicks's absence in the lineup.

HEIM bet over 44 in the Bears-Packers game.

Easy winner.

Cue the disclaimer.

The views and opinions expressed by WildBill do not necessarily reflect the views of EOG.

Things get heated but let's not shoot anyone here.

I appreciate lively conversation, not deadly discussion.

So blatant racism and misogyny is perfectly fine at EOG? Got it JK

lap18

EOG Dedicated
Yeah I was lost before coming eye on grandpa's but now I get it. When 270k people have died of a virus in 8 months and everything else falling apart around on us let's get upset over a feel good story. How dare a girl squib kick in a meaningless game!
What's next a female relief pitcher in September for a team who has lost 115 games?! This cancel, woke, libtard shit has gone too far! Kitchens only, maybe nurses but that's about it.
JK you should be ashamed. You copied Cokin tweets 2 days late for views and cheers from the same 10 guys per usual.
I remember like 6 years ago asking why some things were tolerated and how itd stint the growth of this forum..
Not sure what this has to do with gaming and its gonna get political which you knew already.
Gl this week sincerely to all who bet
Good lord you are a dipshit

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Haha.

And you like the Lions +3.

Hmmm...

Akiem Hicks should return to the lineup this week after sitting out last week with a strained hamstring.

The man has been called a "human Coke machine."

Good play by HEIM last week after learning of Hicks's absence in the lineup.

HEIM bet over 44 in the Bears-Packers game.

Easy winner.
I do too. The late addition of Allen Robinson to the injury report is disturbing also,

Free speech but no hate speech.

And please, no weapons on the premises.

Not a day goes by that Rail doesn't spew hate speech on here. And I didn't suggest committing violence, just stated some people wish they could. But whatever, you obviously love Rail for the insane people he keeps entertained here.