This Is Turning Into the Greatest Hockey Rivalry of All-Time (Between 2 Players)

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows
Just wow. Crosby and Ovie hate each other, this is great. As I said last night, Crosby and Ovie are proving again why they're the best two players in hockey. Malkin disappears every year in the playoffs, while Crosby steps up.

This is going to be a great series, and I really can't wait for the next ten years in hockey.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
Re: This Is Turning Into the Greatest Hockey Rivalry of All-Time (Between 2 Players)

agree agree agree

mofome

Banned
Re: This Is Turning Into the Greatest Hockey Rivalry of All-Time (Between 2 Players)

Ovie the best player in the world...crosby the bitter young pampered brat. Nice to see ovie take it to him.

Hard to believe that before the season people were still not giving ovie his due.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Ovie the best player in the world...crosby the bitter young pampered brat. Nice to see ovie take it to him.

Hard to believe that before the season people were still not giving ovie his due.

Mo, there's not as big of a difference as you think. They're both great players, and yesterdays game showed why. Ovie will always be a better goal scorer, and Crosby will always be a much better passer. They're similar defensively, but they play completely different games.

Ovie is the best in the league, but it's not by as much as you may think. Crosby is far from bitter. Hockey is a very weird sport, because celebrations and arrogance are looked down upon. Crosby doesn't think Ovie handles himself well and it is helping to fuel the rivalry. I personally don't care either way, I just love watching these guys go at each other.

We just finished the greatest NBA series (Bulls-Celtics) a few days ago. Now we have the greatest hockey rivalry of all time.

We are lucky to be alive at this time to witness this.

We could not have such "greatest rivalries of all-time," happen, until say, next year.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

We just finished the greatest NBA series (Bulls-Celtics) a few days ago. Now we have the greatest hockey rivalry of all time.

We could not have such "greatest rivalries of all-time," happen, until say, next year.

It's turning into that buddy. Sorry if that bothers you. There has never been a time in hockey, outside of Roenick and Stevie Y and B. Shannahan (When he was on the Blues), where two players talked shit about each other (and were as talented) as Crosby and Ovie have.

First of all, they are destined to become two of the greatest of all-time, and they hate each other. That's a rare thing in hockey, but I'm sure you don't follow that closely.

Also, the Bulls Celtics series had more OT's than any other team had played in an entire post season. You could certainly make the case that it was easily the most competitive series of all-time.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Weird to see JJ chime in with some negative "shot".

It's turning into that buddy. Sorry if that bothers you. There has never been a time in hockey, outside of Roenick and Stevie Y/Shannahan, where two players talked shit about each other (and were as talented) as Crosby and Ovie have.

First of all, they are destined to become two of the greatest of all-time, and they hate each other. That's a rare thing in hockey, but I'm sure you don't follow that closely.

Also, the Bulls Celtics series had more OT's than any other team had played in an entire post season. You could certainly make the case that it was easily the most competitive series of all-time.

Greatest post of all time.

Geesh.

tripp

EOG Master

Well this really is going to be one of the greatest rivalries of all time because these are the two best players in the game, they will see each other in the playoffs often, and they are both very young. Both of these guys will carry their franchise to playoff after playoff even with minimal talent around them.

As for the NBA series. It was certainly exciting, and maybe one of the better first round series' of all time, but to me it was far from the greatest series of all time. First, it was a first round series so can't be the greatest of all time, and secondly the level of play wasn't that high. Boston/Cleveland last year was probably a better series just with game 7 alone. Same thing with Detroit/Cleveland the year before.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

New commercial on versus is great. Shows the hate they have for each other. I LOVE IT!

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Its great for the league, no doubt.

Wade

EOG Master

Ovie is going to be dead soon the way he's living.

inBaldweTrust

EOG Addicted

Pens +200 to win series now...I think its worth a play.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

I thought this was gonna be a Ovy /Malkin thread:+clueless.

Laker Mike

EOG Member

100% agreed....Great rivalry!!!!