Thoughts on Mike Corrigan and other EOG Radio guests

napoleon

EOG Veteran
I don't listen to EOG Radio religiously. I enjoy listening to Dink whenever possible because he is insightful, thoughtful, and his voice is very soothing. He's also very honest. I enjoy the Palmtree episodes simply because he takes himself so seriously, yet he is so brutally clueless. Some of his quotes are true classics. His math skills are approximately at a 7th Grade level, which makes his statistical analysis truly on par with comedy club material. As for Corrigan, I had never heard him before but I thought I would give him a listen this week. Sounds like an old school guy who has been around awhile. Really enjoyed the program and hope he returns as a guest sooner rather than later. Honorable mention to Brock as a radio guest as well. He may be a scam artist, but he's good on the radio.

BigDaddy

EOG Master
Re: Thoughts on Mike Corrigan and other EOG Radio guests

i dont listen at all really

but i always heard people enjoyed palmtree

ill have to watch for corrigan on again

thanks nap

hustledouble

EOG Veteran

I enjoy PalmTree. He has good diction/timing for the radio. As with anyone following their picks YMMV. I like Corrigan, Dink, Bobby the Owl and EdtheStatMan as well. They all bring something diverse and interesting to the table. They're not always right, but no one is. Some of the one-off guests have been more hit-or-miss. But you can't have everything. I like guys who talk sports betting first.

Heim

EOG Master

Corrigan is a good once a month guy not a fixture every week. Good stories but I don't need to hear Abe Lincoln was a parlay player every week.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Thanks for the review, napoleon.

Any chance you'd like to share your baseball insight with us for a radio segment or two?

EOG contributor gynecologist is our featured guest tonight, not to be confused with interloper Gynocologist.

Any chance you'd like to share your baseball insight with us for a radio segment or two?

EOG contributor gynecologist is our featured guest tonight, not to be confused with interloper Gynocologist.

Jesus H Christ

napoleon

EOG Veteran

No thanks, JK. I don't have a face for radio.

BigDaddy

EOG Master

gyno on tonight?

might have to tune in

thanks JK

Heim

EOG Master

I'm amazed what pussies these smart and sophisticated gamblers are in Vegas...a few anonymous posters post some disparaging remarks and they won't go on the show. Fezzik, Krackman, Covers all want softball questions to make them look like movie-stars yet were supposed to believe they're true professional that roll with the losses.

brians

EOG Dedicated

The show had a couple younger guys on earlier this summer, I think they were friends of Dink's. One was particularly impressive, he was on a couple times, but I can't remember his name.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master

I love the current lineup for each week. I love listening to guys that have been in the biz for a long time that can share a story here or there along with little tidbits of knowledge.

Onward and upward!

napoleon

EOG Veteran

The show had a couple younger guys on earlier this summer, I think they were friends of Dink's. One was particularly impressive, he was on a couple times, but I can't remember his name.

You might be thinking of WAZ. I enjoyed him as well. Sharp guy. JK should definitely try to get him on again.

Apple

Banned

Seanie mac..

I remember you from cm.. You still there?

Napoleon may very well be the most under rated poster in forum land :lightbulb:

Gyno what will you be discussing? I'm EST so I need to know if it's +EV for me to stay up until 2am

I don't listen to EOG Radio religiously. I enjoy listening to Dink whenever possible because he is insightful, thoughtful, and his voice is very soothing. He's also very honest. I enjoy the Palmtree episodes simply because he takes himself so seriously, yet he is so brutally clueless. Some of his quotes are true classics. His math skills are approximately at a 7th Grade level, which makes his statistical analysis truly on par with comedy club material. As for Corrigan, I had never heard him before but I thought I would give him a listen this week. Sounds like an old school guy who has been around awhile. Really enjoyed the program and hope he returns as a guest sooner rather than later. Honorable mention to Brock as a radio guest as well. He may be a scam artist, but he's good on the radio.
a friend of mine talked about Brock's radio appearances being very highly rated events on EOG Radio, maybe get him back on to explain what happened to him. Napoleon makes a lot of good points

Apple

Banned

Seanie I'll give you a shout out man...

Early in show...

hustledouble

EOG Veteran

gyno....

Talk about what, if anything, changes for you once football starts up in how you cap?

Thanks!

parlaynow

EOG Dedicated

my votes for Ron Boyles, Paul Bovi, and the Owl...never forget the Owl...........

The HAMMER

EOG Enthusiast

Longtime Lurker. Seldom poster. I've followed along enough to know what napoleon's true motive is for this thread.

Douchebag made a lame backhanded attempt to take shots at palmtree again. You seem like a real sweetheart napoleon.

Longtime Lurker. Seldom poster. I've followed along enough to know what napoleon's true motive is for this thread.

Douchebag made a lame backhanded attempt to take shots at palmtree again. You seem like a real sweetheart napoleon.

:lightbulb::lightbulb::lightbulb:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

PalmTree laughs at the criticism.

He understands it comes with the territory.

I'll reach out to WAZ and Erin Rynning to recruit them to the program.

westside

EOG Enthusiast

The show has gotten better and better since Glisan's departure. However, I had to tune out last night. The wrestling talk is unbearable and has zero to do with gambling of any kind. I like Dink and enjoy his insight on gambling, but just don't get the need to crobar this wrestling stuff into the show.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Thanks for your input, westside.

I'll stay true to the topic of the show moving forward.

westside

EOG Enthusiast

Thanks JK, and great job with the forum as well. It has become a pleasure to visit each day.

pippy

EOG Addicted

PalmTree laughs at the criticism.

He understands it comes with the territory.

I'll reach out to WAZ and Erin Rynning to recruit them to the program.

Waz is a good get..I much prefer guys that originate of the non tout variety..Also more industry guys ..the rep from ARIA was a good guest from the past..

napoleon

EOG Veteran

The show has gotten better and better since Glisan's departure. However, I had to tune out last night. The wrestling talk is unbearable and has zero to do with gambling of any kind. I like Dink and enjoy his insight on gambling, but just don't get the need to crobar this wrestling stuff into the show.

I agree. The wrestling talk is boring and is completely unrelated to sportsbetting. That being said, I would listen to Dink read the dictionary. If wrestling is to be discussed, however, I would like to know whether or not he thinks Rick Martel's canister of Arrogance truly blinded Jake Roberts and is therefore somewhat responsible for Roberts' current health issues. JK, can you please ask Dink this question next week?

Bushay

NHL Expert

Bring it home tonight Gyno. I'll be listening

Are you playing in the hockey contest?