thoughts on tues card

dinkenson

EOG Dedicated
phila-minn....more injuries cripple already reeling wild....they cant match up with phila scoring but can possibly steal one with their goalies so we will keep our flyer play to a small......edm-columbus...as i write this pinny has moved to -21 on the very injured jackets...this is a headfake, grab the oil now as a medium play......carolina-pitt..high line but pitt on a big roll and should be clearly the better team..line makes this a pass but played over small.....ottawa-toronto...like the leafs here as a medium...bozak back,ottawa third game in four nites and played a horror game last night....medium plus play on leafs........isles wash...high number..i can see the dog but i think under is the play...under small.............winnipeg-n.j rematch from saturday nail biter but winnioeg played a game last nite....still high price but will pass since i think line goes up and into a bettable number...also small under play........nashville- rangers....lots of reasons to like the rangers but the prices stops me...pass........boston-tampa..took a flyer on the dog against a team playing their third road game in four days...tampa looks bad but they have a handful of allstars so give them a small play.....detroit -dallas...too many unusual factors...both teams playing third game in four nites and both using rarely used backup goalies...dallas banged up so detroit should win but the line stops the bet...pass........kings-vanc.....this line is way too high...vanc was -215 vs ducks and played drop dead awful...should be a close ,low scoring affair and a nice spot for a quality doggie....kings medium plus......calgary -sharks...calgary small, just because there can't be that much difference between these two with san jose coming off the roadtrip ....take over munson

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Re: thoughts on tues card

Now re-reading Lay The Favorite by Beth Raymer.

Chapter 2 is simply titled "Dinky."

Classic.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

was it called something different the first time around?

Knowing your EOG personality makes it more entertaining the second time around.

Do you really dress like the mentally-retarded adults at the group home?

dinkenson

EOG Dedicated

i have never been to a group home...no one has ever compared my wardrobe to ric flair's....i have an abundance of tee shirts and not too many dress shirts...and most of those have not seen the light of day for 20 years

degengambler63

EOG Senior Member

work in same office as jimmy c, who runs office for a friend of yours who recently passed away (AL). he speaks quite fondly of you. so besides having a great sense of humor, being a wonderful boss (says beth) also a fine human being. would be an honor to meet you one day.

JHU Dad

EOG Dedicated

Nice rundown. Will have it translated as soon as Munson shows up. Just kidding - thanks

focker

EOG Veteran

Knowing your EOG personality makes it more entertaining the second time around.

Do you really dress like the mentally-retarded adults at the group home?

when they pointed Dink out at the Las Vegas Insiders football seminar at the Red Rock, he had a T shirt on just like Beth discribed in her book. The old saying, you cant judge a book by its cover was never more real

dinkenson

EOG Dedicated

work in same office as jimmy c, who runs office for a friend of yours who recently passed away (AL). he speaks quite fondly of you. so besides having a great sense of humor, being a wonderful boss (says beth) also a fine human being. would be an honor to meet you one day.

small world....that death was just tragic.....although i do not know jimmy well what i do know i really like...and the fact that alex always spoke very highly of him and completely trusted him makes him a guaranteed standout human being...thanks for the kind words

munson15

I want winners...

Ok, here's my take on this, without getting into the small/medium characterizations. Not sweating the sizing, as there are no larges, and I flat bet anyway. Looking for a big comeback since my last big card went 2-8.

PHI-
edm+
car/PIT O5.5
TOR-
nyi/WAS U5.5
win/NJ U5.5
TB+
la+
cgy+

Possibly will see Dink take a nibble or two later depending on line movement. Thanks and GL, my hockey guru, and may I add that I also enjoyed the book, and gained a respect for not only the biz in general but your conduct within that framework.:cheers

munson15

I want winners...

CRIS has +180 on Calgary, ten cents higher than the rest of my outs.:cheers

dinkenson

EOG Dedicated

added edm under and reduced some of the edmonton side.....thinking of adding the rangers as suter is now out for nashville and will make a small play on red wings as well as the number has come down enough....big action but small wagers

munson15

I want winners...

Ok, Bernie, adding-------------

edm/CLB U5.5
det-

NYR pending line move.

JHU Dad

EOG Dedicated

Suter went out in the first period for Nash yesterday and did not return. What would be an appropriate price on NYR?

dinkenson

EOG Dedicated

choppy but we had the best of things linewise and playwise...nothing discouraging but a wasted opportunity

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

I don't know about you guys but I tried to adjust my bet size according to how strong an opinion I perceived a play to be...after all that action I ended up -$3. How did you end up flat betting them all, munson?

munson15

I want winners...

I lost $25, Weinke, played $50 units on all of them. If we had added the Rangers, it would have flipped to +$25.