Thurs NBA Line that doesn't make sense

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Boston -2 vs LAC.

Ok so Patrick Beverly is out. don't think he moves the side any but maybe the total a bit.

Looking at the Celtics at home the following lines compare.
-3 vs orlando
-2 vs phil
-4 vs phx
-2 vs SA

Are the clippers much much better than any of these four teams which should result in a much lower spread or even the clippers being a -1 favorite? So why open the celtics as a favorite here.

Jaylen Brown is upgraded to probable which is, in my opinion, a very bad move as he is playing on bad ankles and a calf injury and given this is the all-star break the extra rest is more important than him playing at 80% at best here.

This appears to be a value play on the Clippers here but my feel is to play here on the Celtics as the LAC seem almost too obvious.

Oh and the clippers are 15-1 off a loss. so why open them as a dog?

Last edited by a moderator:

kane

EOG master
Boston -2 vs LAC.

Ok so Patrick Beverly is out. don't think he moves the side any but maybe the total a bit.

-3 vs orlando
-2 vs phil
-4 vs phx
-2 vs SA

Are the clippers much much better than any of these four teams which should result in a much lower spread or even the clippers being a -1 favorite? So why open the celtics as a favorite here.

Jaylen Brown is upgraded to probable which is, in my opinion, a very bad move as he is playing on bad ankles and a calf injury and given this is the all-star break the extra rest is more important than him playing at 80% at best here.

This appears to be a value play on the Clippers here but my feel is to play here on the Celtics as the LAC seem almost too obvious.

I would have to check the box scores of those games you listed, but I seem to recall the C's having a lot of injuries, there's no other explanation as to why those lines were so low against such inferior competition (other than Philly)

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
I would have to check the box scores of those games you listed, but I seem to recall the C's having a lot of injuries, there's no other explanation as to why those lines were so low against such inferior competition (other than Philly)

also I should note that the lines on the posted games were the open I saw.

I just looked at all those games I posted, vs Orlando no Kemba. vs phx no kemba,

changes things a bit.

railbird

EOG Master
Boston -2 vs LAC.

-3 vs orlando
-2 vs phil
-4 vs phx
-2 vs SA

Pat beverly is a no stat all star, read Michael lewis article on shane battier from 10 yrs ago. Beverly is a demon defender and a great decision maker, worth 3 pts imo

kane

EOG master
Now that the locker room cancer known as Kyrie Irving is gone, Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown have blossomed into stars, something that never would have happened had Kyrie stayed, Tatum was the best player on the floor last night, and even more impressive than his offensive explosion was the way he defended Kawhi, especially in the fourth quarter and OT

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Battier better player than Beverly, better shooter
Shane able to defend 4 positions.

Beverly just 2.

Plus Shane is a way better offensive option with is ability to knock down the 3.

If beverly is worth 3 points. Battier is worth 5. (In Railbird's logical numbering system)

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Now that the locker room cancer known as Kyrie Irving is gone, Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown have blossomed into stars, something that never would have happened had Kyrie stayed, Tatum was the best player on the floor last night, and even more impressive than his offensive explosion was the way he defended Kawhi, especially in the fourth quarter and OT
Kawhi will have a week off now after playing in double OT.

He was 1-7 in overtime when guarded by Tatum.

Is it any wonder that some "stars" leave and teams get better but when Lebron leaves teams get worse?

Now sure when someone is going to wake up in the front office and understand that some guys aren't worth the money.

Then again the Knicks, the worse team in the NBA over the last 10 years, was just valued at $4B.

Last edited: