Tim Donaghy still talking Spurs/Suns 2007

David Stern stole a title away from Phoenix with the total bullshit suspensions in game 6 against San Antonio. That was when I realized the NBA was no different than professional wrestling and I stopped following the league.

MrTop

EOG Master
David Stern stole a title away from Phoenix with the total bullshit suspensions in game 6 against San Antonio. That was when I realized the NBA was no different than professional wrestling and I stopped following the league.

i can't blame you.... the league does a bad job about putting out info on the refs... i want to see ref standings and ATS ..

Last edited:

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
2002 sac robbery needs its own 30 for 30.

that was about as bad as it could have ever been. tim would give the insight but can you believe a pathilogical liar.

If you look deep enough these ref biases are very much alive in today's nba.

I suppose college basketball is worse with some of the big time officials.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
2002 sac robbery needs its own 30 for 30.

that was about as bad as it could have ever been. tim would give the insight but can you believe a pathilogical liar.

If you look deep enough these ref biases are very much alive in today's nba.

I suppose college basketball is worse with some of the big time officials.

DO NOT GET STARTED HERE! If you want to keep going down this path I will embarrass you. Just know as a Lakers' fan this is a very sore subject with me and for those who wish to go down this road - just know if you wish to keep doing it I WILL EMBARRASS YOU!

Please tell us all how the Kings got robbed in 2002. Just know I am sure I know what your answer will be and when you provide it I WILL EMBARRASS YOU!

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Calm down winky. I see that as a lakers fan and as an official you are blinded and cant see facts or the blanant robbery this was.

Ill save the time and not use facts while you will try to use emotion to make your point.

DO NOT GET STARTED HERE! If you want to keep going down this path I will embarrass you. Just know as a Lakers' fan this is a very sore subject with me and for those who wish to go down this road - just know if you wish to keep doing it I WILL EMBARRASS YOU!

Please tell us all how the Kings got robbed in 2002. Just know I am sure I know what your answer will be and when you provide it I WILL EMBARRASS YOU!

Yeah-the 27 free throw attempts by LAL in the 4th quarter of game 6 was totally legit-so was Bibby getting called for a foul while Kobe flagrantly elbowed him in the face for what would’ve been game tying free throws-LOL

It was always obvious when Stern wanted a specific team to win a playoff game. They’d throw Joey Crawford into that game.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Calm down winky. I see that as a lakers fan and as an official you are blinded and cant see facts or the blanant robbery this was.

Ill save the time and not use facts while you will try to use emotion to make your point.

I can’t defend what happened in Game 6. No one can.

But here are the FACTS about that series:

HOWEVER……………….Just like in the 2007 NL Wild Card game between the Padres/Rockies how everyone focuses on the fact Matt Holliday never touched the plate on the GW Run – they very conveniently FORGET the fact that in B7 with the Rox up a run Garrett Atkins hit a ball over the fence for a HR. But it landed in the first row and bounced back and Fat Fieldin Culbreth was the ump down the LF line and because he is Fat and Incompetent did not give Atkins the HR. Atkins died on 2nd base instead of scoring and when the Padres tied the game in T9 to send the game in extras – the game never goes to extras and Holliday never has to touch the plate if Fat Fieldin Culbreth does his job.

As for Game 6…………Let’s flip the clock back to the dying seconds of Game 5. Lakers Up 1. Kings inbound the ball in their offensive area. Bibby inbouncds to CWebb. Bibby goes to get the ball back from CWebb and does. HOWEVER THE REF STANDING RIGHT THERE MISSED THE MOST BLATANT MOVING SCREEN IN NBA HISTORY! Go back and watch it and see I am 100% right. IF the RIGHT call is made there CWebb gets called for an offensive foul, Lakers get the ball back and win Game 5. This is not debatable.

So when what happened in Game 6 happened it was “payback” for the Refs stealing Game 5 from the Lakers. Lakers shoulda won Game 5. Kings shoulda won Game 6. Instead it was the opposite results. Either way the series is 3-3 after 6 games.

And before we go to Game 7 how about we talk about Game 4. The one where the Kings led by 14 at halftime and lost when Horry hit a 3 at the buzzer. Who blew that game? The Kings or the Refs? I think we know.

So, let’s now go to Game 7. IN SACRAMENTO! Lakers won it 112-106 in OT. But let’s go deeper into the box score. Mike Bibby was 11-25 for 29 points. The other Starting 4 of CWebb, Divac, Christie and Hedo were 20-46 for 43% and from 3 these 4 were 2 -11 or less than 20%. For the game the Kings were 2-20 or 10% while the Lakers 7-17 for 41&. How many of the Kings’ missed shots are we gonna blame on the Refs? Please tell me. And let’s not forget the Kings had a chance to win at the buzzer but missed a shot. Blame THAT on the Refs, too?

As I said, people have a bad case of “Selective Memory” when it comes time for the 2002 NBA WC Finals. Just like people have crucified Bartman for the 2003 situation when, for reasons I will never understand, Cubs SS Alex Gonzalez escapes all blame even though a few batters after Bartman a perfect 6-4-3 DP ball was hit to him and he booted it. IF Gonzalez does what he should have done Cubs leave the inning Up 3-1 and NO ONE knows who Bartman is because the Cubs win G6 and go to the WS. And even then Bartman took place in G6 meaning the Cubs still had 1 more chance and had Kerry Wood on the mound and even led in G7. And no one blames Dusty Baker for leaving Prior on the mound for all of this and having no one warming up in the pen even though Prior was over 120 pitches.

I can’t defend what happened in Game 6. No one can.

But here are the FACTS about that series:

HOWEVER……………….Just like in the 2007 NL Wild Card game between the Padres/Rockies how everyone focuses on the fact Matt Holliday never touched the plate on the GW Run – they very conveniently FORGET the fact that in B7 with the Rox up a run Garrett Atkins hit a ball over the fence for a HR. But it landed in the first row and bounced back and Fat Fieldin Culbreth was the ump down the LF line and because he is Fat and Incompetent did not give Atkins the HR. Atkins died on 2nd base instead of scoring and when the Padres tied the game in T9 to send the game in extras – the game never goes to extras and Holliday never has to touch the plate if Fat Fieldin Culbreth does his job.

As for Game 6…………Let’s flip the clock back to the dying seconds of Game 5. Lakers Up 1. Kings inbound the ball in their offensive area. Bibby inbouncds to CWebb. Bibby goes to get the ball back from CWebb and does. HOWEVER THE REF STANDING RIGHT THERE MISSED THE MOST BLATANT MOVING SCREEN IN NBA HISTORY! Go back and watch it and see I am 100% right. IF the RIGHT call is made there CWebb gets called for an offensive foul, Lakers get the ball back and win Game 5. This is not debatable.

So when what happened in Game 6 happened it was “payback” for the Refs stealing Game 5 from the Lakers. Lakers shoulda won Game 5. Kings shoulda won Game 6. Instead it was the opposite results. Either way the series is 3-3 after 6 games.

And before we go to Game 7 how about we talk about Game 4. The one where the Kings led by 14 at halftime and lost when Horry hit a 3 at the buzzer. Who blew that game? The Kings or the Refs? I think we know.

So, let’s now go to Game 7. IN SACRAMENTO! Lakers won it 112-106 in OT. But let’s go deeper into the box score. Mike Bibby was 11-25 for 29 points. The other Starting 4 of CWebb, Divac, Christie and Hedo were 20-46 for 43% and from 3 these 4 were 2 -11 or less than 20%. For the game the Kings were 2-20 or 10% while the Lakers 7-17 for 41&. How many of the Kings’ missed shots are we gonna blame on the Refs? Please tell me. And let’s not forget the Kings had a chance to win at the buzzer but missed a shot. Blame THAT on the Refs, too?

As I said, people have a bad case of “Selective Memory” when it comes time for the 2002 NBA WC Finals. Just like people have crucified Bartman for the 2003 situation when, for reasons I will never understand, Cubs SS Alex Gonzalez escapes all blame even though a few batters after Bartman a perfect 6-4-3 DP ball was hit to him and he booted it. IF Gonzalez does what he should have done Cubs leave the inning Up 3-1 and NO ONE knows who Bartman is because the Cubs win G6 and go to the WS. And even then Bartman took place in G6 meaning the Cubs still had 1 more chance and had Kerry Wood on the mound and even led in G7. And no one blames Dusty Baker for leaving Prior on the mound for all of this and having no one warming up in the pen even though Prior was over 120 pitches.

I'm usually on the same page with you Winky but definitely not on this. I had no dog in the fight with that series and it was obvious SAC got royally screwed.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Says he's going to bury people on the subject. Then posts this.

What a clown.

How?

I said Kings got hosed in G6. BUTTTTTTTTT - NO ONE mentions how badly the Lakers got hosed in G5 and in G7 the Kings CHOKED the game away. There can be no debating that.

In this debate I am Mike Tyson and Sports is Michael Spinks

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
I'm usually on the same page with you Winky but definitely not on this. I had no dog in the fight with that series and it was obvious SAC got royally screwed.

How?

They choked away G4 and G7. So why are we blaming the refs for the Queens gagging away the game!