Time to Move On by THE SHRINK

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
Many gamblers, posters and industry insiders have wondered why I left The Prescription. Although much speculation has been written on several posting forums, I am not so sure that people understand.

The Prescription will always be a special part of my life. It was my foundation, my rock and an expression of me for many years. I learned to love the people I surrounded myself with. Parting was one of the hardest decisions I have ever had to make.

Read more here...

http://www.eog.com/news/index.aspx?id=398

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated
General,
I don't know you or your situation. But, I think that over-all you seem to be a pretty fair minded person. It's never easy to do, but don't let what others think of your move to eog, affect you. You left behind; from what I read over there, lots of folks that truly respected you. No-one can be everything to everybody. Just be true to your convictions and all the rest will follow.
Best Regards
Whodat...

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated
Excuse me--I misread the post and thought it was about the General...Sorry Shrink---I wouldn't worry in the least.You are an excellant business man. You did nothing wrong and that the bottom line. Continued success!!

Kenny did nothing wrong........he is all class

He and SBR are going to leaders for a long time in the offshore business

That time off really helped you to re-charge your battery it seems. You came back fresh and still had ideas that could be developed.And sometimes that's all people really need, time away to help them regroup and comeback even stronger. You made the RX what it is today and staying there as a consultant would have been the easy part. The right thing to do is sometimes the hardest. As for retirement, I see you being like Evander Holyfied, you'll never stepdown. The site is great and I'm sure it will only get better.

cadillac and jj,

I truly believe the BURN OUT rate in this industry may be second to very few other businesses...

After dealing with the daily grind of running the RX and at the same time, wagering on a regular basis for many years, I was completely BURNT OUT with nothing left in the gas tank...

At times, I dreaded looking at the forums (which had been one of my favorite things to do), I lost my ability to handicap and when I did, I was not into it and lost. My mood was somber and depressed. All of the things that I had once been so PASSIONATE about started to annoy me...

However, as time passed, that DESIRE came back and I was RECHARGED and filled with even more ENERGY than in my earlier years...

I suspect many of you can relate to this..

If you are going to be successful in sports betting, it takes a lot of time, energy, discipline and patience...

I am a firm believer that everyone I know who has made it BIG did not just get LUCKY...

Rather, the common denominator for ALL of them has been HARD WORK, period...

My 2 cents..

THE SHRINK

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
General,
I don't know you or your situation. But, I think that over-all you seem to be a pretty fair minded person. It's never easy to do, but don't let what others think of your move to eog, affect you. You left behind; from what I read over there, lots of folks that truly respected you. No-one can be everything to everybody. Just be true to your convictions and all the rest will follow.
Best Regards
Whodat...
<!-- / message -->

Thank you very much. I am not in this world to make enemies, rather friends to those who accept my offer of.

Have a great day.

cadillac and jj,

I truly believe the BURN OUT rate in this industry may be second to very few other businesses...

After dealing with the daily grind of running the RX and at the same time, wagering on a regular basis for many years, I was completely BURNT OUT with nothing left in the gas tank...

At times, I dreaded looking at the forums (which had been one of my favorite things to do), I lost my ability to handicap and when I did, I was not into it and lost. My mood was somber and depressed. All of the things that I had once been so PASSIONATE about started to annoy me...

However, as time passed, that DESIRE came back and I was RECHARGED and filled with even more ENERGY than in my earlier years...

I suspect many of you can relate to this..

If you are going to be successful in sports betting, it takes a lot of time, energy, discipline and patience...

I am a firm believer that everyone I know who has made it BIG did not just get LUCKY...

Rather, the common denominator for ALL of them has been HARD WORK, period...

My 2 cents..

THE SHRINK
I've read probably 5,000 of your posts over the past 6 years.. This one is in the top 10.

Its more than a little ironic that those that spent their time trying to tear you down are still no better off. Your hard work and your style have been a learning expierence for those of us lucky enough to take notice.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Nice marble story. The smaller bags fit in your pocket if no one is looking. One thing that strikes a lot of us is stress related burnout. You are in the pressure cooker 12 to 16 hours a day. I am a gambling grinder. I work and work. But at times, it works you. It becomes you. Then you are sadly empty without it. You take time away because of it, and cannot wait to get back in. Sept. 1 is my D day. In front of the screen for 16. That is my motto for this season. If my dedication bears fruit, it will have been worth it. Go get em The SHRINK. You had no lifetime employment contract with the RX. If I had been pushed out of creative control I would have hopped to another pond a lot faster. The driving force in your life, from a jr. SHRINK to you is, the satisfaction of accomplishment.

Best Wishes...OF:+waving-5

Hey FU SHRINK,
Just thought I would break up this little love fest you guys are having. MAY'N!
I've been on vacation, so I missed the grand opening. The site looks great and I look forward posting. GOOD LUCK!

Hey Tony ...........wow a strong opening post there

Yeh you will like it here as this is more of a gambling board with some lite humour mixed in at times.

Lots of big timers here too.

Good Luck Son

GENERAL, It's great to see you back on the forum. I know it must have been killing you while the new site was being constructed. Good luck to you,the SHRINK and the rest of the crew. MAY'N!

Thanks Grey Goose and Tony!!!

On a side note...

I feel TERRIBLE because I believe that THE GENERAL was banned over there mainly because he chose to follow me.

He has lots of people who RESPECT him and I think he deserved a better fate and can assist posters who need help anywhere and everywhere...

Why not ban JUST ME and keep putting all threads about EOG into their RUBBER ROOM as they have, but allow the General back if he wishes to post there????

As I said in the article, I harbor no ill feelings towards THERX and I wish them success!!!

There is plenty of room for quality sites and TheRx will always be one of my favorites...

THE SHRINK

panther

EOG Dedicated
shrink

shrink

:+thumbs-2

it is hard to walk away from something that you started

being in biz for myself .I could not run a co. with my hands tied

when you have been top dog .it is hard to go back to anything else

panther

I only see EOG and SBR going in a real positive direction and the books know this and will be advertising heavy on these sites .

They have both developed winning concepts in gambling portals

SBR just keeps signing up new players all the time and it is amazing.

See where the RX set a new attendance record today. Good site and glad was able to find and will sign-up there shortly.

:+drinking