Time to reimagine EOG

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Need some help.

Let's clean up the main forum at EOG.

Our focus will return to sports and sports betting.

Beginning today, I'll ship all political threads to the political forum.

Let's put pointspreads ahead of politics right now.

Please do not start any new political threads in the main forum.

Don't force me to slap 30-day bans on wayward contributors who fail to respect our mission.

I will issue warnings today, tomorrow and Friday and take action this Saturday.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Need some help.

Don't force me to slap 30-day bans on wayward contributors who fail to respect our mission.

Personal attacks on people here should also merit the same punishment of a 30-day ban.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Need some help.

Can we get some transparency on this? Some definitive guidelines?

If....err... when a poster violates the rule for the 37th time is any action going to happen? Suspension, banning?

If so why not have a rule or two about how many warnings a poster will get on posting the political bullshit up here?

I guarantee you there will be a dozen "policemen" looking for violators, me included, why not be fair, firm and upfront about the process?

Last time you gave me your word on something you changed it 2 hours later and seemed to enjoy doing it......

Personal feelings aside I like EOG, I hope this sticks and not another case of you flailing helplessly around the forum pretending to put an end to it.

TIA.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Need some help.

This is an election year JK....need some clarity on what is allowed and not allowed....

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Can we get some transparency on this? Some definitive guidelines?

If....err... when a poster violates the rule for the 37th time is any action going to happen? Suspension, banning?

If so why not have a rule or two about how many warnings a poster will get on posting the political bullshit up here?

I guarantee you there will be a dozen "policemen" looking for violators, me included, why not be fair, firm and upfront about the process?

Last time you gave me your word on something you changed it 2 hours later and seemed to enjoy doing it......

Personal feelings aside I like EOG, I hope this sticks and not another case of you flailing helplessly around the forum pretending to put an end to it.

TIA.
"John Don't Have The Heart" - James Ingram (1990)

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
There are going to be posters desperate enough to post their political stench on the main board, they just can't help themselves. 30 day ban, get the fuck out. It's that simple.
They can always go over to Peeps Place if they want to stay relevant on the main page and battle it out with Javy.
JK is still allowing them to post over in the sub forum. They should be bowing down to him. He threw them not one, but two bones. WUFF WUFF.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
There are going to be posters desperate enough to post their political stench on the main board, they just can't help themselves. 30 day ban, get the fuck out. It's that simple.
They can always go over to Peeps Place if they want to stay relevant on the main page and battle it out with Javy.
JK is still allowing them to post over in the sub forum. They should be bowing down to him. He threw them not one, but two bones. WUFF WUFF.

Javy is now posting at the RX....might have to stay away for awhile....

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
What if a thread is about the betting odds of the election?

What if i post a horse racing thread about betting on a horse named maga, sleepy joe, or killary?

What about a thread discussing colin kap and his chances of getting on a roster?

Please sticky a thread of posters who are on the 30 day ban with the time frame.

Ex.
Bigrunner banned from july 1 to july 30. Infraction #1

This is just an example and it is not to influence the idiot of a even minded, neutral, strong information provider like bigrunner would see such a ban.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
They live for the rise from people and the views.

Peeps place is too quiet.

Sbr and the rx will be their landing grounds.

Make eog great again.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
What if a thread is about the betting odds of the election?

What if i post a horse racing thread about betting on a horse named maga, sleepy joe, or killary?

What about a thread discussing colin kap and his chances of getting on a roster?

Please sticky a thread of posters who are on the 30 day ban with the time frame.

Ex.
Bigrunner banned from july 1 to july 30. Infraction #1

This is just an example and it is not to influence the idiot of a even minded, neutral, strong information provider like bigrunner would see such a ban.

Tough questions here, Sporty.

Let's simply give politics a rest for six months or so.

Most clear-thinking people understand the goal of this new strategy.

I'll make the call on all 50/50 decisions.

Heading to the main forum now to move threads titled Black Lives Matter and Breonna's Law.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

A work in progress here, Jammer.

I'll try my best.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
It's a sports and gambling forum. If you want to discuss other topics, just go somewhere else. It's not that hard.

If there was a political forum on another site, and someone started a thread on gambling and Las Vegas, I would think they would tell them to get the fuck out, and take their shit elsewhere. Same applies here.

Some people are just so desparate for attention. You know the saying- love me, hate me, but don't ignore me.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Like little kids, if one cannot achieve positive attention, they then seek negative attention.

Sad.

Jammer's my Sergeant-at-Arms.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
Thanks John. My only request is that you lay the law down fast an make examples of posters who violate the new rules instantly no matter what side of the fence they are on.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Thanks John. My only request is that you lay the law down fast an make examples of posters who violate the new rules instantly no matter what side of the fence they are on.

I'm an excellent candidate to call balls and strikes.

I view myself as socially-liberal and fiscally-conservative.

Besides, I'm far more interested in pointspreads than politics.

Though I love the idea of betting on political events/elections.

waco

EOG Dedicated
GREAT MOVE!! THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE LONG AGO!!

Last edited by a moderator:

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
I'm an excellent candidate to call balls and strikes.

I view myself as socially-liberal and fiscally-conservative.

Besides, I'm far more interested in pointspreads than politics.

Though I love the idea of betting on political events/elections.
I think the betting markets are obviously an exception being at the end of the day this is a gambling forum as long as it's not used by the agenda guys to wiggle around new rules.

kane

EOG master
Should have kept the political threads where they were John, at least until sports start up again, there's nothing else to talk about and with the election getting close, politics is the main topic of discussion everywhere, it's what's driving traffic on all these forums, who gets more attention, Trump and Biden or Avery Bradley and Joe Bugel

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
Should have kept the political threads where they were John, at least until sports start up again, there's nothing else to talk about and with the election getting close, politics is the main topic of discussion everywhere, it's what's driving traffic on all these forums, who gets more attention, Trump and Biden or Avery Bradley and Joe Bugel

Politics and Government- Click on it and make a post!