Time to reimagine EOG

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
From eogresources.com

EOG’s business strategy is to maximize the rate of return on investment of capital by controlling operating and capital costs and maximizing reserve recoveries. EOG strives to maintain the lowest possible operating cost structure that is consistent with efficient, safe and environmentally responsible operations.

MrTop

EOG Master
jimmy Vaccaro said the presidential election would be the Biggest Bet of them all. Would make the super bowl look small. Four months away from the event and EOG does not leave the -150 trump thread up that Railbird had ?

small menu

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
jimmy Vaccaro said the presidential election would be the Biggest Bet of them all. Would make the super bowl look small. Four months away from the event and EOG does not leave the -150 trump thread up that Railbird had ?

small menu
That's a No shit statement from Jimmy.

So an event that could take bets for months is going to be larger than an event that books take bets for two weeks.

wow. this is the type of deep thinking that rj bell provides the the world.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

small menu

The main page here at EOG will explode when you get closer to the debates and election...you won’t be able to stop it....

MrTop

EOG Master
That's a No shit statement from Jimmy.

So an event that could take bets for months is going to be larger than an event that books take bets for two weeks.

wow. this is the type of deep thinking that rj bell provides the the world.

the small bettors would jump in.. every grandma wants a piece of trump yes/no

Jammer

EOG Dedicated

It's up there under Politics and Government. Go to the sub forum, click on it, and you're in. It's that easy, but no one bothers to go there.

MrTop

EOG Master
"White Power" Fair Warnings Grandpa and Grandma.

some grandma's have seen many presidents in their day. Many would vote 'No Mas " no more trump but they also know democrats raise taxes on their kids. IMO taxes would be raised by Trump too just like when H.W. Bush raised them Four months left

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Opening night for NBA basketball's return to action is set for Friday, July 30.

A TNT doubleheader: Utah v New Orleans at 6:30 p.m. ET followed by the Clips and Lakers at 9:00 p.m. ET.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Here's hoping that insightful sports content will outweigh biased political commentary over the final six months of 2020.

MrTop

EOG Master
They delayed the games long enough. It won't be delayed anymore. I don't see the season starting. NFL is far away

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

small menu

If they put it up in November, 2019 it would have been huge. We have seen a massive line movement and while I realize that doesn't take as much money as a Super Bowl, it does take some money to move the lines. See BetOnline for a book that had lines up way ahead of time

Foresthill

EOG Addicted
Here's hoping that insightful sports content will outweigh biased political commentary over the final six months of 2020.

For fun, I'm going to turn this around a little bit and add to it by observing that much sports commentary is biased (sports commentators certainly have biases as do political commentators -- nobody has a monopoly on virtue) and some political commentary is insightful . In fact, let's have both insightful sports commentary and insightful political commentary.

MrTop

EOG Master
If they put it up in November, 2019 it would have been huge. We have seen a massive line movement and while I realize that doesn't take as much money as a Super Bowl, it does take some money to move the lines. See BetOnline for a book that had lines up way ahead of time

Fan duel ( Flutter )does it in the UK.. I wonder how much they take.. I bet it is pretty big

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
For fun, I'm going to turn this around a little bit and add to it by observing that much sports commentary is biased (sports commentators certainly have biases as do political commentators -- nobody has a monopoly on virtue) and some political commentary is insightful . In fact, let's have both insightful sports commentary and insightful political commentary.

Great point about biased sports commentary.

See ESPN's roster of personalities for those who push the Kool-Aid.

Additionally, older journalists usually glamorize the past while failing to anticipate emerging trends.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated

You can have both- sports and gambling here, and politics on another forum. It really is that simple

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Great point about biased sports commentary.

See ESPN's roster of personalities for those who push the Kool-Aid.

Additionally, older journalists usually glamorize the past while failing to anticipate emerging trends.
ESPN is going down the "get woke, go broke" road.

Sports people want to go to sports channels to get sports info and talk.

If they want politics, they go to the appropriate channels.

When people go to sports channels and hear politics, they go away.

Why has ESPN numbers crashed to levels that are worse than when they first started the channel?

Get woke, go broke.

Last edited by a moderator:

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I blame my parents generation for this. They allowed participation trophies to make everyone feel special. They also allows soccer here because the rest of the world played it, now we have globalists.

I blame my parents generation for this. They allowed participation trophies to make everyone feel special. They also allows soccer here because the rest of the world played it, now we have globalists.

Damn, what do you have against soccer? I played it when I was young, I think we all played it. One ball, couple of cones or something that serves as posts and you can play anywhere.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Damn, what do you have against soccer? I played it when I was young, I think we all played it. One ball, couple of cones or something that serves as posts and you can play anywhere.
Haha. I always remembered the big soccer push in the 70’s and how it was the sport of the future.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

I agree about the trophies part

Disagree about the soccer part. For most of us this was the first sport we played

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Haha. I always remembered the big soccer push in the 70’s and how it was the sport of the future.

I remember Coach O'Connor at Thornwood High School in 1980 predicting soccer would be the #1 spectator sport in America by 1990.

I respectfully disagreed.

alfie

EOG Dedicated
some grandma's have seen many presidents in their day. Many would vote 'No Mas " no more trump but they also know democrats raise taxes on their kids. IMO taxes would be raised by Trump too just like when H.W. Bush raised them Four months left
Insightful posting by BigRunner, an oxymoron when it comes to political commentary.

don't you have spellcheck...it's oxy-MORON...........