Tom Brady

Hitman26

EOG Veteran
Just think if Drew Bledsoe hadn't gotten hurt that year and Brady never played. Brady might be working as a personal trainer for a Ballys Gym, banging 40 year old desperate housewives and making about 25k a year driving a Geo Metro around town. Instead he might end up with more rings than anyone and go down as the greatest QB ever.

Stickie

EOG Senior Member
Not sure if Brady is the greatest of all time, but he is amazing. Calm, cool and just plain having fun. A role model unlike some of these other losers (Owens).

Stickie said:
Not sure if Brady is the greatest of all time, but he is amazing. Calm, cool and just plain having fun. A role model unlike some of these other losers (Owens).

No doubt agreed, Warrick Dunn is another class guy, Peyton too.

JJ for the first time since this site has opened I most agree w/ the Gold COMPLETELY. He is the best. He is the PATRIOTS. Calm and collected. Stone cold killer. As long as he is in the game they have a chance to win no matter the score. He will retire the GREATEST QB OF ALL TIME!! MAY'N!!!

I'll bring this thread up when he has a horrid game and we will see what you will say. He played the Raiders defense and you guys are all jumping for joy that he is the greatest? He won 3 rings but so did the TEAM. When you consider someone the greatest QB of all time you have to take a lot of things into consideration.

Someone give me an educated answer and a reason that he should be conidered the greatest and i'll drop my case but untill then those comments are absurd.

rainbow

EOG Master
I think MONTANA was better than BRADY, nobody could throw rolling out better than MONTANA and he was a WINNER.

NUT, I am a STEELER fan, so I love Bradshaw. I think the greatest QB'S are MARINO, YOUNG, ELWAY and MONTANA[ my brother]. BRADY could have as many RINGS as any of them by the end of this season and has more than the majority already. Winning QB in 3 out of the last 4 SUPER BOWLS with avg. recievers and running backs [ NO Rice, Stallworth, Swan,TD] He is clearly the captain of the team that won 3 ring in 4 years as a starter. He hasn't lost a game at home[since 2002] Well on his way! Once again he will retire as the GREATEST QB OF ALL TIME!! MAY'N!!

ALSO, you could count his horrid games on on hand and have a finger or two left. Most importantly he has dated every beautiful on earth! He'a :dunk

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
Mr Tom has done a nice job for his team. Is he the farthest thrower, the most precise, the fastest, the best paly action QB, etc...

Obviously not all, but he is a winner.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Let's take superstar Tom Brady and put him on Cleveland or San Francisco. It is the ultimate team sport. Look at Steve Young on Tampa. Almost had life ended behind that O line. Super Bowl TD record holder and MVP on 49ers. Joe Montana, legendary QB, not the brightest bulb in the box, but a winner, on the same great team. Put him on Chiefs, won nothing. Jim Plunkett, got killed his entire career, behind disaster O lines. Finally got his ring for Raiders. Then there are guys like Archie Manning, who played for garbage teams his entire career. How good would he be on the Pats? Tom Brady has the looks, the personality and above all the attitude of a winner. And he gets results. But he is working behind a line where he rarely takes a solid shot, and I can't remember him missing a game because of injury. Plus he does a lot of quick passes. Right place, right team and time sure does help.

Best Wishes...oF:+waving-5

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
You are entitled to your opinion. That is mine, your perception it is dumb, mine is it is right on. Football is the ultimate team sport. Tom Brady would be just another QB behind a bad offensive line. Taking vicious hits. Just like Steve Young, Joe Montana, Terry Bradshaw. Same as Plunkett. Plunkett set sack records on some of his teams. Then he comes to Raiders and wins super bowl behind stud O line. A QB is only as good as the guys blocking for him, the gameplan, even the defense on his team, to allow him back on the field. That is my opinion and I am sticking with it.

Best Wishes...OF:+waving-5

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
I think Tom Brady is an average QB without New England. Does the QB make the team, or does the team make the QB?

You are so crazy to say that Patriots are an average team without Brady. What have you been smoking bro? Take out one damn guy... Blillichek and you have no god damn rings that's for sure. Corry Dillion 1600+ rushing yards last year, 3rd in NFL.. i guess that is average. Defense is average but it won 3 championships so i guess they got lucky. Oh yeah Brady put up some amazing QB numbers last year he really did, NOT! If Payton Manning was on the Patriots they would have won 5 Rings right now and would be going for their 6th. The whole team makes Brady look good. He is nothing spectacular you guys just got to anxious watching your first NFL game this year.

Btw... Brett Favre for MVP.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
I often wonder, what wins NFL championships? What does it take, to win the big one? I look at the repeat winners first. I'll skip Green Bay and move on to Steelers. They had Terry Bradshaw, country bumpkin. But they also had Franco Harris, and a very nasty defense. Something about a steel curtain. Terry got the rings and the tv gig, but that defense was something to behold. The 49ers. They had a great QB, Joe Montana. Then they kept winning with another good QB, Steve Young. Joe used to hang at Bunz's place in Rocklin. Two QB's same D. Same O line. Did not really have a strong running game, but awesome receivers, especially rac. However, that defense was bought and paid for by Eddie D. He brought in the best, Hacksaw Reynolds, Fred Dean, Dion and they were real fortunate in the draft, getting an all pro secondary. Ronnie Lott changed some games with one hit, including the super bowl when he ended the icky shuffle. All those super bowls, against very good afc teams, none of them could score.

And then you have the one year defensive wonders. The Bears. The 4-6 was so tough for teams to handle without preperation it wreaked havoc. Sure they had Walter, but he was winding down. Clown Ditka never got him a td, the frig got one to crush the books, thanks Mike. Was crazy McMahon great? Hardly. The defense was stifling. Baltimore, who did they get a ring with? Dilfer? Let me know when someone uses his name and great together. But that defense. Siragusa and that line, with young Ray backing. They were scary good.

Might points are, first, it is nice to have an effective QB, but do not show up for the big game without a defense. Ask the super bowl losers. Second, Brady has or will set a ton of records, I am happy for him, seems like a great person. But that coach, defense, gameplan and O line all contribute to his success. Not to mention the upgraded running game. Now they are truly balanced. Don't get me wrong, I love Brady, have made huge earns off of him and the Pats. You could put other QB's in that same spot, Kyle Boller, and they would still stink. I just cannot sing the praises for Tom on a night against a known bad defense. Much better tests ahead.

Pancho Sanza

EOG Addicted
Belicheks record in NE with Bledsoe at QB was 5-13, with basically the same team that Brady stepped into.:+waving-5

Not to mention how stellar his record was in Cleveland with testaverde.

Must just be a coincidence that they started winning when TB came in.:smokesmal

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Belichik inherited a gutted and weak personel team. Took him some time to get his personel on the field, probably a year and a half to two. He was winning with Drew and upgraded personel, but for that offense, Tom is a much better fit. Bill figured that out, by accident. Lets just say the team he inherited led to that record. I have no doubt about that. Now he gets guys to come in cheap, just to play there. Was Rodney Harrison there? Corey Dillon? They get quality vets, for cheap, and fill in the holes. Back then, all they had was holes. Brady was not the difference. It was the upgraded personel, especially on defense that turned it around.

Alright guys we can argue all we want. Lets bring this topic up next weed and then the following week and week after that. Patriots are playing @ Carolina next week and trust me Brady wont shine as he did against the Raiders. Week 3 they are playing at Pittsburgh and Week 4 against the Chargers.

I can see them being 2-2 entering week 5.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Last time I checked Belichik was a defensive minded coach, that delegates much of the offense to the QB coach and Offensive Coordinator. I think he does a lot of defensive gameplanning. In this what have you done for me lately sport, he had Big Ben looking like a $1.98 casio. He beat Peyton, again, with his schemes and homefield. Tom played good enough to win. Tell you what, I have my pick of coaches to start my team, I will take Bill Belichik.

As far as what did he do in Cleveland? What the hell has that got to do with the Patriots? The ownership was not as committed to winning, that is always a problem. What are they winning without him? What did Super Bowl winner Ditka do in New Orleans? George Seifert in Carolina? The hair leaving Dallas to the Fish? You need everything to be in place to succeed. Not just a QB, nor a coach.

My 2 cents...

A quarterback does NOT make a TEAM. Look at all the high draft pick QB studs that come out of college. Joey Harrington, Carson Palmer, Eli Manning, etc. will never ammount to much in the NFL because they were drafted by junk teams. Matt Lienert will go to this years worst team and most likely wallow in failure because of the team he was drafted by. All the talent in the world will never equate to team success without a solid team behind the talent.

Patriots looked much better with Brady rather than Bledsoe. Brady always plays great in clutch situations and is a two time SB MVP. Put Montana and Brady on the same team and you can make a good case that Brady is better.

NUT, I think your the one smoking WEED. I think you ment week in the above post! LOL! Dillions been there one year and he is the reason Brady will be the greatest ever. With a running game the PATS could win the next two SUPER BOWLS. MAY'N!
I would love some of that 2-2 action. Let the SHRINK hold the bet for what ever your willing to lose.:+excited-