Tony Stewart is flipping out...

Slight Favorite

EOG Addicted
Stewart sent to hospital after Chili Bowl crash<O:p></O:p>

X-rays revealed no broken bones, CT scan negative<O:p></O:p>

NASCAR.COM
January 14, 2006
02:22 PM EST (19:22 GMT)<O:p></O:p>

<ST1:place w:st="on"><?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"></st1:City></ST1:place>
<ST1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">TULSA</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">Okla.</st1:State></ST1:place> -- Tony Stewart, the reigning champion in the Nextel Cup Series, was taken to a local hospital for a preliminary examination after he flipped his Midget car in the opening laps of last night's qualifying race for the 20th annual Chili Bowl Midget Nationals at the Tulsa Expo Raceway.<O:p></O:p>
<!--startclickprintexclude-->
Complaining of pain in his right arm after the crash, Stewart was taken to the hospital where X-rays revealed no broken bones and a CT scan proved negative.<O:p></O:p>

In a precautionary measure, Stewart was fitted with a cast until a more extensive evaluation can be made by his own doctors on Monday.<O:p></O:p>

"I'm a little sore," said Stewart. "The doctors were great and did a pretty thorough evaluation of me. They didn't find anything broken, but just to be sure, they fitted me with a cast that I'll wear until I meet with my doctors on Monday. It looks a lot worse than it is.<O:p></O:p>

"In no way should this affect my upcoming test at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, my plans to compete in the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona or my participation in Daytona Speedweeks."<O:p></O:p>

Stewart also flipped in a hot laps session on Wednesday night. After the accident, his qualifying race appearance was switched from Wednesday to Friday.<O:p></O:p>
<!--endclickprintinclude-->