EOG Master
Re: Toronto signs Babcock.

Even Bab's will go down to the fail ways of the TML. He won't turn it around

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated

I'm not disappointed to see him go.....the Red Wings need some fresh ideas, system, a new direction...etc.

Bushay

NHL Expert

I think only a few select guys can make it in these large sports cities. LA, NY, Toronto.

Brian Burke buckled to the fans and media. Time will tell if Babcock is any different.

sharky99

EOG Dedicated

His sleeping just got cut in half, what a mess that team is, start shoring up a horrendous def

sharky99

EOG Dedicated

Isnt 8m for a coach real high? I know its Tor but geez, I havent seen coaches salries in a long time

Bushay

NHL Expert

Isnt 8m for a coach real high? I know its Tor but geez, I havent seen coaches salries in a long time
I cant find much info on Coaches salaries. 2 seasons ago the top guys were getting $2M per.

This definitely raises the bar. And [one] of the reasons he left and played a little hardball I believe. This elevates every other coaches salary in the process going forward. Think that is something that drove him a little. All his Brethren will not be getting paid.

DrunkenGoon

EOG Dedicated

Most NHL coaches in the 2-3M range, this is just a case of a free agent meeting the cash cow situation. Think or it as David Clarkson's contract without the salary cap implications.

Bushay

NHL Expert
Re: Toronto signs Babcock

Its one of the few things wealthy teams can do to separate themselves from the owners with shallow pockets since the salary cap. They can pay what they want for a better coach, training facilities, a private jet, more scouts on the payroll......Its a big edge still no doubt.

howid

EOG Dedicated

best career move for a coach is to move to a lousy team, he doesn't have to do much more than show forward progress to call it a successful year.

yes the leafs grossly overpaid. can't see how buffalo was in the bidding war, tough to coach a bunch of bushers masquerading as nhlers.

napoleon

EOG Veteran

Was there ever a doubt? Anyone with a clue knew he was going to Toronto.

8 years for a coach is a long time. Most coaches don't last even close to that long before the players need a new voice.

Bad move by a bad management group.

No surprise.

Bushay

NHL Expert

Was there ever a doubt? Anyone with a clue knew he was going to Toronto.

8 years for a coach is a long time. Most coaches don't last even close to that long before the players need a new voice.

Bad move by a bad management group.

No surprise.
You know I forgot all about you telling everyone where he was going before this happened. I could have started this thread a month ago.

:doh1

napoleon

EOG Veteran

You know I forgot all about you telling everyone where he was going before this happened. I could have started this thread a month ago.

:doh1

True.

McLellan and Babcock were obviously going to end up where they did.

Hakstol, on the other hand......

Bushay

NHL Expert

Any other after the fact insight from you? That's the only stuff that matters

napoleon

EOG Veteran

Hmmmm.

Well, I did pick Montreal to beat Ottawa after famed contest winner KINNISH said Ottawa would win. So, there's that.......

I also posted about both Babcock and McLellan across the street, which I was mocked for since most media outlets said Babcock had narrowed it down to Buffalo or Detroit.

But let's try this: Senators goaltender to be traded to Oilers, likely Lehner or Anderson.

Bushey, what is the highest level of hockey you ever played or coached?

napoleon

EOG Veteran

Oh and let's not forget one of my best predictions that I was thoroughly mocked for on forums: that I would bury and expose PALMTREE for the charlatan that he is.

Well, he has disappeared after getting off to a horrible start to his MLB season.

Where is he now?

Buried.

DrunkenGoon

EOG Dedicated

Bushay - I told you he was gonna take the Toronto job back in November but you didn't want to hear it.

If Illitch was gonna pay him he wouldn't be playing russian roulette with this situation. It's not about money, it's about paying him in the proper slot in the pecking order and Babcock has the opportunity to make more than the GM, that is the philosophical conundrum in Detroit. They will offer him a decent number but he doesn't have anything left to prove in Detroit, he is a very big ego and taking on the Leafs job and getting them to the promise land is the ultimate challenge.

Bushay

NHL Expert

Bushay - I told you he was gonna take the Toronto job back in November but you didn't want to hear it.
Yup. Ok.

We have different takes on the whole way it played out, but he did end up in Toronto. I believe it was pretty much a combination of things that ultimately got him there.

I dont think a single media figure head thought he would end up in Toronto but you did. Well, maybe Steve Simmons.

You nailed this one. I was wrong.

Bushay

NHL Expert

Well, I did pick Montreal to beat Ottawa after famed contest winner KINNISH said Ottawa would win. So, there's that.......
Wasnt Montreal about -170 favorite. :) Nice pick. I had them too. Sounds like your ego needs a hug. :cheers

I also posted about both Babcock and McLellan across the street

No idea what your talking about. I post over here. ????

But let's try this: Senators goaltender to be traded to Oilers, likely Lehner or Anderson.

Sens signed the Hamburgler today so they have a couple assets to trade. At least one of them.

Andersons a 34 year old journeyman who wore out his welcome everywhere he's been. Highly doubt hes going to a team in a rebuilding stage but ok, you're on record. Lehners 23 with still a lot of upside. I'd think of the 2 he'd be the one to keep. But maybe you know better. You did pick the Canadians as a -170 favorite in a 1st round series though.

Never played OR coached.

napoleon

EOG Veteran

Wasnt Montreal about -170 favorite. :) Nice pick. I had them too. Sounds like your ego needs a hug. :cheers

I also posted about both Babcock and McLellan across the street

No idea what your talking about. I post over here. ????

Sens signed the Hamburgler today so they have a couple assets to trade. At least one of them.

Andersons a 34 year old journeyman who wore out his welcome everywhere he's been. Highly doubt hes going to a team in a rebuilding stage but ok, you're on record. Lehners 23 with still a lot of upside. I'd think of the 2 he'd be the one to keep. But maybe you know better. You did pick the Canadians as a -170 favorite in a 1st round series though.

Never played OR coached.

I got MTL at -150.

Free advice: Line shopping is key to long term success in this business.

Bushay

NHL Expert

Oh and let's not forget one of my best predictions that I was thoroughly mocked for on forums: that I would bury and expose PALMTREE for the charlatan that he is.

Well, he has disappeared after getting off to a horrible start to his MLB season.

Where is he now?

Buried.
LOL!

Didn't Palmtree post a couple years in Reagan's baseball contest and didn't do very well at all and stopped? Long before you opened your mouth about him. Who gives a fuck? Quite a few guys chimed in here that he provides good insight on the games. I dont follow him myself.

You want some pats on the back for a -170 series Montreal winner yet you told everyone you liked the heavily favored Canucks over the Flames and got friggin smoked!

Forgot that one huh?

Current SERIES PRICE on Vancouver Canucks (down 3-1)

FH has alerted me to +480 at 5D reduced.

It's a play.

--------------------------------------

Inkwell77

HT Moves LinesJoin DateJul 11, 2012Posts3,966

Re: VANCOUVER CANUCKS series play may be worth a shot.......

Inkwell...............
Nappy all over Dink's nuts

First says they may be a play, then Dink says they were terrible, then Nappy says stand by......

---------------------------------------------------

How could we forget Mr. Nappys prediction the only way the Canucks could beat the Flames was if they inserted Miller in goal. They did. remember?

[TABLE="class: stats, width: 658"]

NO.

PLAYER

EV

PP

SH

SAVES - SHOTS

SV%

PIM

TOI

[TD="align: center"]30[/TD]

R. Miller (L) 1-1-0

[TD="align: center"]21 - 25[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]4 - 5[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]1 - 1[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]26 - 31[/TD]
[TD="align: center"].839[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]0[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]58:27[/TD]

[/TABLE]

Nappy...how many Best Western free ashtrays and Palace Station complimentary Bingo dobbers you have stacked up in that spare bedroom?

You're in the wrong thread.

Teddy kgb

Banned

Nobody fvcks with the Bush and leaves without a fight.....some might try but they know they were in a fight after all is said and done.....Bushay knows Hockey like no other and IMO and I know I'm on an island but IMO Bushay blows dink away when it comes to anything involving Hockey from the game itself or the gambling part of it...Bushay knows it all

DrunkenGoon

EOG Dedicated

From a fan's perspective you've gotta love Bushay's enthusiasm for the game but you cannot seriously compare dink's hockey betting experience with Bushay's.

Bushay

NHL Expert

From a fan's perspective you've gotta love Bushay's enthusiasm for the game but you cannot seriously compare dink's hockey betting experience with Bushay's.
And neither do I.

Ones a pro and the other peddled bread all his life. Seriously dont know why Teddy keeps making comments like this.