Toughest athletes in all sports

VegasVic

EOG Addicted

This stuff happens constantly in the NHL but this one goes a far step beyond.

Keith Yandle takes a puck in the mouth Saturday night in the first period, calmly skates off catching some of the nine teeth he lost, and returns to play in the third period. He has dental surgery Sunday morning and then leads both teams in minutes played Sunday night. No wonder he hasn’t missed a game in 821 consecutive starts.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Rick Tocchet once scored a game-winning goal after breaking his jaw in an NHL game.

Tocchet pleaded guilty to running a sports gambling ring in 2007.

richsox24

EOG Master
I was at a Blackhawks playoff game in 2010 when Duncan Keith got hit with a puck in the mouth. Even in real speed, you could literlally see his teeth fly out of his mouth.

He was back in the game the following period.

In MLB, he would have missed 2 months.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
I don't understand why NHL players don't wear a full face shield like they do in College. I know losing teeth is a good thing but seems to me having a full face shield and not running the rick of having this happen is even greater.

KevinStott11

EOG Veteran
Tom Waddle (Bears, NFL), Ronnie Lott (NFL), Greg Haugen (Boxer) and Nate Diaz (UFC) are four of the toughest that I have ever seen.

Julian Edelman is the toughest and most-valuable-player in all pro Sports and has been for like 5 years. This man is an NFL legend but will get little shine. And one of the best 4 WRs in NFL history in my opinion (Brown, Taylor, Edelman, Fitzgerald).

Waddle was below average but played like he was seeking a concussion and always wen for the football. I would hate being his Mother.

kane

EOG master
Tom Waddle (Bears, NFL), Ronnie Lott (NFL), Greg Haugen (Boxer) and Nate Diaz (UFC) are four of the toughest that I have ever seen.

Julian Edelman is the toughest and most-valuable-player in all pro Sports and has been for like 5 years. This man is an NFL legend but will get little shine. And one of the best 4 WRs in NFL history in my opinion (Brown, Taylor, Edelman, Fitzgerald).

Waddle was below average but played like he was seeking a concussion and always wen for the football. I would hate being his Mother.

Edelman the MVP in all sports? A top 4 receiver of all time? Surely you jest

I don't understand why NHL players don't wear a full face shield like they do in College. I know losing teeth is a good thing but seems to me having a full face shield and not running the rick of having this happen is even greater.

NHL rules and now you'd see all these guys saying players would be too willing to sacrifice their bodies to block shots if they had facial protection too. Every level of hockey has full face shields except the NHL and its minor leagues, it will come someday. Silly to say 19-21 year olds playing in the AHL or ECHL shouldn't have full protection, but same age kids in college must wear them.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
NHL rules and now you'd see all these guys saying players would be too willing to sacrifice their bodies to block shots if they had facial protection too. Every level of hockey has full face shields except the NHL and its minor leagues, it will come someday. Silly to say 19-21 year olds playing in the AHL or ECHL shouldn't have full protection, but same age kids in college must wear them.

100% agree. If the players wanted it they would already have it