Travel plans

mr merlin

EOG Master
Moderna messes up your testicles and Pfizer killed Marvin Hagler?

Should I seek the J&J vaccine or simply wait for herd immunity?
Approximate herd immunity is already here in many areas. I think you're about the same age as me(61), I'm not getting it, perhaps later. I agree that the J & J would be the one to get if you must.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Approximate herd immunity is already here in many areas. I think you're about the same age as me(61), I'm not getting it, perhaps later. I agree that the J & J would be the one to get if you must.

I hear the same thing...J&J is the one to get if you must....

mr merlin

EOG Master
I hear the same thing...J&J is the one to get if you must....
The pfizer and moderna are new experimental treatments based on DNA/RNA gene sequencing, the J&J vaccine is more traditional and based on a modified flu virus which causes the body to recognize a specific protein spike on the covid virus.

I'd compare it to the old 737 plane with the new Max, that fancy new flight control system worked great till it didn't.

Mr. Carney

EOG Member
The first week in 2020 was the only time I was "on tilt" with this STUPID 19.

I am headed to Laguna Beach though, for a good hike and sight seeing the beautiful women.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Moderna messes up your testicles and Pfizer killed Marvin Hagler?

Should I seek the J&J vaccine or simply wait for herd immunity?

I heard the failure rate of the vaccines in America is .000001%.

Hank Aaron, Larry King and Hagler were the rare exceptions claims lying Railturd.

For those Tucker lovers it's probably a tough call, currently with a lean to no vaccine. Lol , lol, lol

Valuist

EOG Master
The pfizer and moderna are new experimental treatments based on DNA/RNA gene sequencing, the J&J vaccine is more traditional and based on a modified flu virus which causes the body to recognize a specific protein spike on the covid virus.

I'd compare it to the old 737 plane with the new Max, that fancy new flight control system worked great till it didn't.

Bingo. I'll consider the J & J but not going near either of the mRNA vaccines.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
I will be in LV right before memorial day, for a bowling tournament (sorry I will miss you JK). Got my first vax shot (Pfizer) yesterday, next up, Apr 6. During the pandemic, I've been to Lake Tahoe over labor day weekend, Aruba in Oct, and Florida last month. Double masked while on the plane and airport, hand sanitizer, etc. Just being smart about it.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I will be in LV right before memorial day, for a bowling tournament (sorry I will miss you JK). Got my first vax shot (Pfizer) yesterday, next up, Apr 6. During the pandemic, I've been to Lake Tahoe over labor day weekend, Aruba in Oct, and Florida last month. Double masked while on the plane and airport, hand sanitizer, etc. Just being smart about it.

Better safe than sorry.

Protect yourself at all times.

Safe travels, 300.

Asia. Multiple destinations.

Most likely possibilities:

Thailand
Singapore
Kuala Lumpur
Hong Kong
Phnom Penh

Other less likely possibilities:

Macau
Angeles City
Tokyo
Taiwan
Vietnam
etc

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Bingo. I'll consider the J & J but not going near either of the mRNA vaccines.

.0000001% failure rate. Bingo! Remember when the right wingers claim Sweeden did it right by going for herd immunity. No masks, no social distancing. Lol, lol, lol, lol

Now the right wingers are high on J & J relative to other successful vaccines in America. Wackjobs drinking the koolaid.

I remember in the beginning Trump suggested a strong flu vaccine could kill the Covid. Lol That was before he suggested we inject disinfectants to clean the lungs and implant lights to kill Covid. That was your guy. Lol, lol, lol

mr merlin

EOG Master
.0000001% failure rate. Bingo! Remember when the right wingers claim Sweeden did it right by going for herd immunity. No masks, no social distancing. Lol, lol, lol, lol

Now the right wingers are high on J & J relative to other successful vaccines in America. Wackjobs drinking the koolaid.

I remember in the beginning Trump suggested a strong flu vaccine could kill the Covid. Lol That was before he suggested we inject disinfectants to clean the lungs and implant lights to kill Covid. That was your guy. Lol, lol, lol
Sweden is still a shining star compared to most other european countries. If a child shows up at school wearing a mask they are sent home.

Don Quixote

EOG Enthusiast
Double~Dang...

I was all ready to have fun in North~Shore~Tahoe with my Betty, then I cut my toe and needed stitches...Dang.......

Just took a quick trip to Florida for business and good lord its packed down there. Flight was full, of course, and the rental car bus wait was insane. I stood waiting for the bus for 10 minutes, no buses show up, and the coordinator for the shuttle said sorry its going to be 60-90 minutes for where we were in the line. Gave up and didn't get the car and took Ubers the entire time. Hard Rock Hollywood was practically at pre-pandemic crowds. I went out to by the beach in Ft Lauderdale before heading out, packed there too both on the beach and in the restaurants. Can't blame people, was low 80s and beautiful out.

All of you that are saying you are too afraid to travel are largely getting left behind. Onto Vegas next week for me where my friends are telling me its getting pretty crowded again, although mostly on weekends. I'll be there mid-week so we'll see.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Just took a quick trip to Florida for business and good lord its packed down there. Flight was full, of course, and the rental car bus wait was insane. I stood waiting for the bus for 10 minutes, no buses show up, and the coordinator for the shuttle said sorry its going to be 60-90 minutes for where we were in the line. Gave up and didn't get the car and took Ubers the entire time. Hard Rock Hollywood was practically at pre-pandemic crowds. I went out to by the beach in Ft Lauderdale before heading out, packed there too both on the beach and in the restaurants. Can't blame people, was low 80s and beautiful out.

All of you that are saying you are too afraid to travel are largely getting left behind. Onto Vegas next week for me where my friends are telling me its getting pretty crowded again, although mostly on weekends. I'll be there mid-week so we'll see.
What was the mask situation like in FL?

mr merlin

EOG Master
same as before, during and after the flu started... nobody ever wearing it
Thanks, but i was asking wild bill, I hear different things, some people say almost no one wears them, others say most people do if they're inside.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

I have no problem with traveling outside of being on a plane for two hours wearing a mask. It’s bad enough breathing everyone else’s germs without a mask in that confined area.

MrTop

EOG Master
i was thinking about traveling to the meadowlands.. about 15 minutes away to get the shot.... but someone told me i had to wait in line for 2.5 - 3 hours to get it... what am i seeing the rolling stones play...?

I will pass try again around the MLB all-star break.

mr merlin

EOG Master
By early may the demand for vaccines will dry up, just as supply ramps way up, if you're determined to take it, then will be a good time. At most 175-185 million people will receive the shot(70-75% of 250 million eligible), so far almost 80 million have received at least 1, we're almost half way there.

Valuist

EOG Master

Lol lol lol. You are delusional about Sweden or just in severe denial. Let's compare it to a similar population area; Michgan.

Both Sweden and Michigan right at about 10 million residents.

Sweden 13,267 Covid deaths using the non lockdown approach
Michigan 16,848 Covid deaths under lockdown queen Bitch Witmer.

The jokes on you; not the right wingers.

MrTop

EOG Master
By early may the demand for vaccines will dry up, just as supply ramps way up, if you're determined to take it, then will be a good time. At most 175-185 million people will receive the shot(70-75% of 250 million eligible), so far almost 80 million have received at least 1, we're almost half way there.

they are making it too hard to get it... need more locations

MrTop

EOG Master
Lol lol lol. You are delusional about Sweden or just in severe denial. Let's compare it to a similar population area; Michgan.

Both Sweden and Michigan right at about 10 million residents.

Sweden 13,267 Covid deaths using the non lockdown approach
Michigan 16,848 Covid deaths under lockdown queen Bitch Witmer.

The jokes on you; not the right wingers.

michigan 80% smaller in square miles does not help

mr merlin

EOG Master
they are making it too hard to get it... need more locations
Quite a few states are opening it up to everyone now, by early/mid april it'll be like that in most states. It's simple math, as of now 121 million doses have been given, the pace is currently about 2.2-2.3 million/day , it could go higher, lets pick May 10th(approx 50 days from now), another 110-120 million doses will be given by then at least which gets us to 240 million.

It might take 300 million doses to vaccinate everyone who wants one, it could be less if more people get the single dose one, so by mid may things will be winding down rapidly vaccine wise.

MrTop

EOG Master
Quite a few states are opening it up to everyone now, by early/mid april it'll be like that in most states. It's simple math, as of now 121 million doses have been given, the pace is currently about 2.2-2.3 million/day , it could go higher, lets pick May 10th(approx 50 days from now), another 110-120 million doses will be given by then at least which gets us to 240 million.

It might take 300 million doses to vaccinate everyone who wants one, it could be less if more people get the single dose one, so by mid may things will be winding down rapidly vaccine wise.

that was the easy ones... the last 3rd of the country won't go as easy.

mr merlin

EOG Master
that was the easy ones... the last 3rd of the country won't go as easy.
That's what I'm saying, 30% will not get it at all, which is fine. there will likely be a spurt for 2-3 weeks in april when supply ramps up and it's opened to everyone - I could see the avg hitting 2.5 million/day or more, then it'll start falling.

By may many states will be swimming in doses, huge numbers will be arriving weekly and the number of people who want it will wane, already states are admitting they're opening it up to most groups because demand in rural areas is not what they thought it would be. It should be great fun watching the feeble attempts to educate people to get vaccinated.

MrTop

EOG Master
That's what I'm saying, 30% will not get it at all, which is fine. there will likely be a spurt for 2-3 weeks in april when supply ramps up and it's opened to everyone - I could see the avg hitting 2.5 million/day or more, then it'll start falling.

By may many states will be swimming in doses, huge numbers will be arriving weekly and the number of people who want it will wane, already states are admitting they're opening it up to most groups because demand in rural areas is not what they thought it would be. It should be great fun watching the feeble attempts to educate people to get vaccinated.

but that is doing exactly what they have been doing with income, race.. healthcare etc... pushing every away..leaving people behind... to get everyone vaxed got to step on the gas and make a better system 1-800 and prepare for the next virus... new variants are created but not getting everyone vaxed.. it will come back to haunt you and you will never fix it.. a lot easier to put more nurses on 24 hours a day

they are already talking about a vaccine passport ... who know this could spread to bus, trains, bars and ballgames..

Last edited:

mr merlin

EOG Master
but that is doing exactly what they have been doing with income, race.. healthcare etc... pushing every away..leaving people behind... to get everyone vaxed got to step on the gas and make a better system 1-800 and prepare for the next virus... new variants are created but not getting everyone vaxed.. it will come back to haunt you and you will never fix it.. a lot easier to put more nurses on 24 hours a day

they are already talking about a vaccine passport ... who know this could spread to bus, trains, bars and ballgames..
Pandemics always come and go, this one came it it will go, everything about this pandemic is typical, the multiple waves, the huge peaks, the rapid falls.

Likewise variants have always come along, nothing unusual there, early on the experts were honest about variants, they talked about their inevitable coming and the fact that almost all are more infectious but less severe - now they dont mention the 2nd part because the goal is now to maintain fear.

What's going on is classic head in the sand mentality...we cant relax - well they are relaxed. if we do it'll be bad - well they did and it isn't, we cant just open the schools - they did and they're fine. And now the blind ostriches are saying immunity after infection is a mirage - another lie, and that we MUST vaccinate everyone - no we dont.

Just imagine if we didn't have republican governors who did their own thing, if trump hadn't stymied many of the lockdown lunatics? We'd be a prison state right now, completely afraid of everything.

MrTop

EOG Master
Pandemics always come and go, this one came it it will go, everything about this pandemic is typical, the multiple waves, the huge peaks, the rapid falls.

Likewise variants have always come along, nothing unusual there, early on the experts were honest about variants, they talked about their inevitable coming and the fact that almost all are more infectious but less severe - now they dont mention the 2nd part because the goal is now to maintain fear.

What's going on is classic head in the sand mentality...we cant relax - well they are relaxed. if we do it'll be bad - well they did and it isn't, we cant just open the schools - they did and they're fine. And now the blind ostriches are saying immunity after infection is a mirage - another lie, and that we MUST vaccinate everyone - no we dont.

Just imagine if we didn't have republican governors who did their own thing, if trump hadn't stymied many of the lockdown lunatics? We'd be a prison state right now, completely afraid of everything.

how do you know that the virus does not hurt the persons brain or lungs down the road... I had TB earlier in life my lungs are scarred for life... comes up on xray..every time ... every disease you get hurts you to some degree... makes your life shorter ...taking medicine could hurt your life... but the disease could be worse... nobody knows for sure.. you and me are not scientists or doctors... they know more then both of us..

they are not trying to scare anyone.. you are getting fooled by people like trump... he got the shots...in january... they knocked some sense into him. Trump wanted people to vote for him by holding up the economy that is why he was not wearing a mask.. business CEO removed workers in the office by choice not by fear.. cause it was the right thing to do

mr merlin

EOG Master
how do you know that the virus does not hurt the persons brain or lungs down the road... I had TB earlier in life my lungs are scarred for life... comes up on xray..every time ... every disease you get hurts you to some degree... makes your life shorter ...taking medicine could hurt your life... but the disease could be worse... nobody knows for sure.. you and me are not scientists or doctors... they know more then both of us..

they are not trying to scare anyone.. you are getting fooled by people like trump... he got the shots...in january... they knocked some sense into him. Trump wanted people to vote for him by holding up the economy that is why he was not wearing a mask.. business CEO removed workers in the office by choice not by fear.. cause it was the right thing to do
Yea, some people do have long term effects, same with the flu or any other disease, that doesn't mean we change the way we live does it? you want to wear a mask(or 2 or 3) go right ahead, you want the vaccine go get one, but dont expect other people to follow you blindly.

The virus charts it's own path , isn't that obvious by now, that no matter how much or how little different states did the results are very similar? What isn't the same is the economic and human effects of those different approaches, those are vastly different.

This pandemic will end one way or another in the not too distant future(the spanish flu was around about 14 months, which is close to where we are now), this is a new coronavirus but not the first coronavirus, this virus will be around forever but the pandemic will not.

MrTop

EOG Master
Yea, some people do have long term effects, same with the flu or any other disease, that doesn't mean we change the way we live does it? you want to wear a mask(or 2 or 3) go right ahead, you want the vaccine go get one, but dont expect other people to follow you blindly.

The virus charts it's own path , isn't that obvious by now, that no matter how much or how little different states did the results are very similar? What isn't the same is the economic and human effects of those different approaches, those are vastly different.

This pandemic will end one way or another in the not too distant future(the spanish flu was around about 14 months, which is close to where we are now), this is a new coronavirus but not the first coronavirus, this virus will be around forever but the pandemic will not.

economic is big i agree... It created a lot of hardship for millions... money that you will never get back. Cannot compare to the spanish flu ...there are many more people in the world and the USA today than before. The people are coming here with air and mexico / So america.... many years ago it was by ship and many people had to get locked up for a short stay at first... I think past presidents like obama and even before have to take some blame here ... there were viruses before this why weren't we set up for this ? Gates even said it was going to happen and it did..... nobody listened. ... Nobody is listening to gates now... so the variants are going to hit us again and again..

mr merlin

EOG Master
economic is big i agree... It created a lot of hardship for millions... money that you will never get back. Cannot compare to the spanish flu ...there are many more people in the world and the USA today than before. The people are coming here with air and mexico / So america.... many years ago it was by ship and many people had to get locked up for a short stay at first... I think past presidents like obama and even before have to take some blame here ... there were viruses before this why weren't we set up for this ? Gates even said it was going to happen and it did..... nobody listened. ... Nobody is listening to gates now... so the variants are going to hit us again and again..
The variants are scareiants, a new study out today showed that you WILL NOT get reinfected with variants - so boom, stop worrying.

Lets get a few things straight about Bill Gates, he's a very evil man, #1 he's not smart about anything other than computers - he never even went to college, # 2 he has an agenda that is incompatible with freedom for anyone other than himself. He's got big plans to change the world...but it wont change his lifestyle one bit.

MrTop

EOG Master
The variants are scareiants, a new study out today showed that you WILL NOT get reinfected with variants - so boom, stop worrying.

Lets get a few things straight about Bill Gates, he's a very evil man, #1 he's not smart about anything other than computers - he never even went to college, # 2 he has an agenda that is incompatible with freedom for anyone other than himself. He's got big plans to change the world...but it wont change his lifestyle one bit.

he actually dropped out.. but do you think if people could develop software and be worth billions because of it what do you think they would choose.. ? gates is getting his info speaking to many people...he is not making it up...Major uses of computers in medicine include hospital information system, data analysis in medicine, medical imaging laboratory computing, computer assisted medical decision making, care of critically ill patients, computer assisted therapy

mr merlin

EOG Master
he actually dropped out.. but do you think if people could develop software and be worth billions because of it what do you think they would choose.. ? gates is getting his info speaking to many people...he is not making it up...Major uses of computers in medicine include hospital information system, data analysis in medicine, medical imaging laboratory computing, computer assisted medical decision making, care of critically ill patients, computer assisted therapy
Wasn't gates going to spend his billions trying to cure diseases in africa, how did that work out? he cant even cure disease here it appears.

The bottom line is you need to ask yourself if gates is trying to help people, help the world? Is Fauci making his recommendations because he wants to keep people safe, or protect his career, his backers and industry?

Valuist

EOG Master
Anyone traveling to Costa Rica, be leery of this casino below. Got this from another site.

Cheating in Diria Casino, Tamarindo Costa Rica
They deal seconds from either a gaffed (prismed) shoe, or marked cards; im pretty sure its gaffed shoes.​
This is Diria Casino in Tamarindo, Costa Rica in February of this year. Its a lovely little beach town, full of tourists and now 24k of my money.​
I have photos of the staff and owner and a short video that only really shows the casino, i couldn't just record easily as they were conscious of my activities. I presume due to my huge loss there. It really is a small casino, only open 5 to 10pm each day due to Covid restrictions, 2 tables only, both 6d shoe BJ, no surrender, BJ only takes one bet and other good rules like DA2 DAS, NO RSA. Pen varies from 1.2 to 1.7. There are only two dealers, the older bald guy in the photo and video, and a younger darker guy, and they work everyday. 10 USD min to 300D max, two hands are allowed. Can also use Costa Rican colones and play for similar stakes.​
The main reasons i suspect (know) they were cheating was the insane loss to betting ratio because we were given virtually unlimited 25 dollar match plays, which i socially engineered the dealers to keep with us until we won at least three out of our 4 hands by only tipping when the match play were being used. There is no regulatory body in Costa Rica, it just doesnt exist, so a small out of the way casino simply doesnt need to fear an audit of the shoes, ever, they can do whatever they want. The way they handle the cards after i learned from online and Youtube videos also is unmistakable. The dealers held the shoe in just a certain angle so the prismed card can be seen, and the cards must be partially lifted, the first time to see the Pip, and the second time to deal the second card. The older guy is much better at it, I caught the card hanging half way up the shoe from the younger guy several times, as well as the younger guy kind of was paranoid and often i would look up to him staring at me. I didnt know why at the time, but it makes sense now that he was checking my awareness level. They also must really hold and kind of caress the card each time to be able to choose which card to use. Its all pretty obvious once the curtain has been revealed, so to speak. I was lured in by the fact that they open the cards face up each day, whereas most of the casinos in the capital and main city, San Jose, do not.​
All told my now wife and i lost 24k in 14 hrs of play in 4 days. I figured out the cheating on the 4th day, and came back to film, watch, and try to take a video on the fifth day. The huge loss is what tipped me off: we weren't playing big after the second day sinced I figured out the match plays were the real way to make money, as well as I could see the older guys hole card in the mirror about half the time. He only would peek on faces and aces, but still it's an insane advantage including the match plays. So after dumping 14k the first two days with 3 to 4k in match play EV each day, i decided to stop counting with the young guy and just focus on the holecarding and counting with the older guy, who was more stingy awarding the match plays. 25 dollar max for the match plays and i kept track of how many of them on my phone : 13 dollar EV for each and each day was between 250 and 350 we got in total each day. The trick was only to tip when we won three hands of more out of our four . The young guy especially, he soon figured this out and would just let our match plays ride and also give them out like candy. Coupled with a max bet of 4 x 100 with the match play EV, and the the fact i could see the dealers hole card! I cant even calculate how many standard deviations the 24k loss would be.​
I also watched other people just get destroyed of course, literally only on the last day one lucky guy walked away with some money.​
So the first day we arrived i just scouted: i learned about the match play, i discovered the place to sit in the mirror to see the older guys holecard, but i somehow lost 2k in 2hrs with a max best of 2 x50, and 500 EV in match play.​
Undaunted, i proudly exclaimed to my fiancee that i loved this place, and proceeded to lose over 20k in the next three days. I just couldnt bring enough money to the casino, i had to go back to the condo several times to reload. On day 4 during another brutal session, a lightbulb in my head went off, my awareness arrived, and i felt a little sick, tbh.​
I knew about gaffed shoes and the angle it must be, i somehow just forgot or got complacent, or i guess i just have been playing for over ten years and have never experienced a rigged shoe before. I believe i may have been dealt seconds in handheld double deck a couple of times by a rogue dealer, but that an easily avoidable situation to just walk away from.​
So after that, we just went home and I studied more, as well as having laser eyes on the dealer and shoe while betting the minimum for another half hour or so. Still managed to lose over 500 in that time though.​
I came back and recorded on day 5, and I'm out of the country now, so I'm giving the heads up to this forum and probably other forums as well.​
I'll try to post the video and photos, and if anyone knows how, please give me a heads up. Any questions, just ask, as its quite a strange situation.​
PS, although the 24k loss stings, i guess its a learning experience, im a stronger player now, and it could have been worse.​
I guess.​

Last edited by a moderator: