True or False: Pro Sports are Easier to handicap than College

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated
I say TRUE. Talking Baseball Football and Basketball. (Yes--Have to give a pass for college bases---don't really know enough there)

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
I think it depends on the capper and how much time they put toward a particular sport and which ones they like the most.

College sports have more likelihood to be fixed, so a toss up IMO. How many fixed games does it take to make up for a harder sport to handicap?

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
I have always thought that pro handicapping is more technical - in college fundamentals mean more. For me dominance in college is more predictable. The steam is more consistent.

Pro football and pro baseball are two entirely different things in handicapping. Baseball can have streaks but in pro football let's say the Colts & the Bengals have gone under 4 in a row. With no other information to go on or a place to start it seems contrarianism is the way to go - so either over or pass. Actually, I think you can try to handicap pro football too much because you don't know the motivation of the teams very often.

Horseshoe

EOG Senior Member
Betting handle is but part of the reason why books take larger limits in Pro sports.

College sports sheer numbers, plus talent level variances, allows the sharps and outfits easier spots to step in with strong spot-plays.

As mentioned above, it comes down to the player or outfits specialty for the most part.

But it must be noted that while Shrink's mentor has the ability to win at anything, the likes of BW, Doc M,etc..,clobbered their way to the lion's share of their bankrolls via NCAA Foots and Hoops, by using strong sets of parameters..buying low/selling high.

Also having contacts near and far, in places largely off the map of national beat writers and mainstream tv coverage, in contrast to the Pro's coverage of the 30 largest major metros, and mostly top 25 programs.

This stuff I say is mere ancient street knowledge.