True or False?

Re: True or False?

I don't think he drives many away either. If you don't like him, don't open his threads.

Well, there are a handful of posters who I know believe this so I thought I'd throw it out for discussion...

I think it's obvious what I believe but I will still comment at the end and explain why I feel the way I do...

THE SHRINK

the guy is a lightning rod for sure, but this is a forum...and we need a few of them...tell thoughs 3 or 4 posters to grow some balls...unless there gurls of course...:+excited-

I think Mo has driven far more away from SBR, than J-Man has from here. Mo also attracts many others, J probably attracts some too.

I think both are OK, but not on the same site !

Sal Manella

EOG Member

Doesn't bring any increase in significant posters, doesn't drive away any significant posters.

He's ultimately a wash.

What this place needs is some new blood. Seems like its the same group of posters just bouncing from one forum to the next with a rare significant addition here and there. Probably the same reason that a lot of the advertisers at the portals are complaining about signups -- if it's the same group of guys on every forum its tough to get fresh meat signing up!

Well Sal,

Speaking of Fresh blood, I forgot to welcome you to EOG...:cheers

How did u hear about us?

THE SHRINK

Doesn't bring any increase in significant posters, doesn't drive away any significant posters.

He's ultimately a wash.

What this place needs is some new blood. Seems like its the same group of posters just bouncing from one forum to the next with a rare significant addition here and there. Probably the same reason that a lot of the advertisers at the portals are complaining about signups -- if it's the same group of guys on every forum its tough to get fresh meat signing up!

your new here SAL...and that is a start...

WELCOME TO EOG....MY MAY'N!!:cheers

Sal Manella

EOG Member

Have lurked at most of the major portals forever. Had an old playground where I go my posting fix, but it has since become a graveyard and if nothing else I like the forum setup over here.

Blondie

EOG Master

He's ultimately a wash.

WELCOME! Nice to see some new faces around here :cheers

He's ultimately a wash.

Here here. What we need are the lurkers to come out and contribute. This is the cornerstone of my campaign. Good post

-WLY-

Shrink,

here is what I think. Journeyman is a feature attraction. He brings good topics, insight, and entertaining bantor. I doubt he drives too many posters away. We all like a familiar name to shoot the shit with. I do think, though, that he takes a bit of credibility away from the site and its principals. Basically Ken, you are the one taking the fall as well as the moderators. Whether the feature attraction is worth it or not is ultimately up to you.

We are not exactly all interested in the cleanest and friendliest of hobbies. Some posters come here already knowing this and some make the mistake of allowing their trust and intuition to get in the way of the ultimate goal, which is to gamble and talk about sports. Me personally, I can talk sports with a serial murderer. I don't have to like or respect him, but I can still shoot the shit about sports with him.

-WLY-

sl55

EOG Veteran

I think alot alot of people are hung up on the stiff side of Jman and haven't read enough.The part that turns alot off is the snitch side,if you read all his post,he has readily admitted calling in the authorities,that is taboo in this game.Jman is a good poster with his knowledge of the different sports,but the ones of us who have seen the dark side of the moon cannot forget the damage he has caused or will cause to others.

HE CAN GO OFF THE DEEP END FROM TIME TO TIME....BUT WHAT CAN HE BRING UP ABOUT THE SHRINK THAT HASN'T AREADY BEEN FLOATED OUT THERE??:+textinb3

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

First of all, I don't consider him a main draw. He has always been okay in my book, although I don't know the story about him allegedly stiffing people for some reason. Would like to hear his version if he would be willing. If it is commonly known to be true, then I think the Shrink is making a major mistake by putting him on the payroll though. Just not something I would ethically want to do if I were him.

As for a direct answer to the original question. I don't think having credibility correllates to driving away posters so I would say false.

Journeyman

EOG Master

SL55
That is bullshit, I wouldn't waste my tiem calling anyone....I have had death threats dating back to 2002, I have been stalked more than any poster, LONG before I ever left TheRx.

That is a crock of shit to say I would call the authorities on anyone.:rolleyes:

Funny how when I turn the table around on someone and I am the one calling the authorities, guys like Wrigley, Seymore, Dell Dork and others ...these clowns have went way out of bounds to try and mess with me...I'll leave it at that. :rolleyes:

BEANTOWNJIM

Banned

SHRINK LATELY I DONT KNOW WHO IS DRIVING AWAY QUALITY POSTERS YOU OR JOURNEYMAN.

O.K. HERES THE DEAL WITH JOURNEYMAN ITS MORE YOUR FAULT SHRINK THAN HIS BECAUSE YOU ARE PAYING HIM TO POST THATS FINE EXCEPT THAT JOURNEYMAN FEELS THE NEED TO START AT LEAST 10 TOPICS A DAY AND HALF ARE WORTHLESS.NOBODY WANTS TO COME TO A FORUM WHERE ONE PERSON DOES ALL THE TALKING IT GETS REALLY BORING TO READ THIS SAME STUPID SHIT ALLDAY LONG:doh1 IF YOU LIMIT JOURNEYMAN TO 1 OR 2 TOPICS A DAY AND TELL THE F-CKING BAFFOON TO KEEP HIS BIG MOUTH SHUT ONCE AND A WHILE MAYBE HE WOULD BE A LITTLE MORE ACCEPTED.NOBODY WANTS A PERSON WHO THINKS HE KNOWS EVEYTHING BUT KNOWS NOTHING SHOOTING HIS MOUTH OFF ON EVERY SUBJECT.

P.S. CAN WE GO ONE DAY WITHOUT A JOURNEYMAN SUBJECT THERE MUST BE SOMETHING MORE INTERESTING TO TALK ABOUT.

I HAVE TO RUN WILHEIM GETS WORRIED WHEN I DONT CHECK INTO THE RX:+excited-

BEANTOWNJIM

Banned

HEY HOFFA WHAT COLOR PANTIES DID YOU PUT ON JOURNEYMAN THIS MORNING :+textinb3 YOU ARE IN LOVE WITH HIM RIGHT HOFFA :LMAO

Hey Beantown,

Nice call on the Astros you prick...:finger004

P.S.

Angelsfire,

Meet Beantown...

Beantown,

Meet Angels...

I believe the two of you were made for each other....

THE SHRINK

sl55

EOG Veteran

SL55
That is bullshit, I wouldn't waste my tiem calling anyone....I have had death threats dating back to 2002, I have been stalked more than any poster, LONG before I ever left TheRx.

That is a crock of shit to say I would call the authorities on anyone.:rolleyes:

Funny how when I turn the table around on someone and I am the one calling the authorities, guys like Wrigley, Seymore, Dell Dork and others ...these clowns have went way out of bounds to try and mess with me...I'll leave it at that. :rolleyes:
Thats bullshit?Then why did you say it?Please refer to your own post in the past,I will not waste my time as I have a very good memory.

Angelsfire

EOG Dedicated

Hey Beantown,

Nice call on the Astros you prick...:finger004

P.S.

Angelsfire,

Meet Beantown...

Beantown,

Meet Angels...

I believe the two of you were made for each other....

THE SHRINK
Really says who? :p :LMAO Hi ya Beantown...

When Journeyman is on his game and not dwelling on RX and the past, there may be none better as far as posting and thread starting

He may alienate a few posters who are fed up with the drama, but is a lightning rod for the bashers and those that dig the drama.

I think the good he brings outweighs the bad overall, and that if he would set up a payment plan for his past debt and concentrated a little more on the here and now instead of the past, he would regain his "street cred" with some.

He can be an arrogant prick at times, but so can most of us (including me)

HEY HOFFA WHAT COLOR PANTIES DID YOU PUT ON JOURNEYMAN THIS MORNING :+textinb3 YOU ARE IN LOVE WITH HIM RIGHT HOFFA :LMAO
I suggested that he talk sports and hold the drama. How is that being in love with him?

Besides, you're the only poster that I love.

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

SHRINK LATELY I DONT KNOW WHO IS DRIVING AWAY QUALITY POSTERS YOU OR JOURNEYMAN.

O.K. HERES THE DEAL WITH JOURNEYMAN ITS MORE YOUR FAULT SHRINK THAN HIS BECAUSE YOU ARE PAYING HIM TO POST THATS FINE EXCEPT THAT JOURNEYMAN FEELS THE NEED TO START AT LEAST 10 TOPICS A DAY AND HALF ARE WORTHLESS.NOBODY WANTS TO COME TO A FORUM WHERE ONE PERSON DOES ALL THE TALKING IT GETS REALLY BORING TO READ THIS SAME STUPID SHIT ALLDAY LONG:doh1 IF YOU LIMIT JOURNEYMAN TO 1 OR 2 TOPICS A DAY AND TELL THE F-CKING BAFFOON TO KEEP HIS BIG MOUTH SHUT ONCE AND A WHILE MAYBE HE WOULD BE A LITTLE MORE ACCEPTED.NOBODY WANTS A PERSON WHO THINKS HE KNOWS EVEYTHING BUT KNOWS NOTHING SHOOTING HIS MOUTH OFF ON EVERY SUBJECT.

P.S. CAN WE GO ONE DAY WITHOUT A JOURNEYMAN SUBJECT THERE MUST BE SOMETHING MORE INTERESTING TO TALK ABOUT.

I HAVE TO RUN WILHEIM GETS WORRIED WHEN I DONT CHECK INTO THE RX:+excited-

OH MY GOD.. I don't feel well. I just read an entire BTJ post and actually agreed with everything he said. I feel ill.

Lean to the left and hurl in the wastebasket SC. Please DO NOT blow chucks all over your keyboard sir!!!!!!!!