Trump & first lady have the flu

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
If hes sick for a leriod of time can he still be on the ballot
As long as he can actively lead, yes. It’s most likely the end of a realistic chance of winning. What swing voter will vote for him now?

Truly bizarre would be if he gave it to Biden at the debate, then what?

Good luck to Kayleigh Macwhateverhernameis explaining why she held a presser with reporters yesterday after knowing she'd been exposed

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
As long as he can actively lead, yes. It’s most likely the end of a realistic chance of winning. What swing voter will vote for him now?

My Kamala Ticket for POTUS @300-1 becomes VERY live.

blueline

EOG Master

I should have been more specific...something like hospitalized but breathing on his own for example

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
Wish I had done that...only safety net I have is Democrat to win which I bet last fall in case Joe didn't make it to election day
That was a smart move. Generic D vs Generic R was the way to go if one was betting this, with the age of both guys. I wonder what the highest odds Pence ever was? We could wind up with Kamala/Bernie vs Pence/Haley.

blueline

EOG Master
Saw an interview last nigjt where it was said the staerbucks down the street had better virus protocols in place than the WH and the WH had become completely flippant about virus safety

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I should have been more specific...something like hospitalized but breathing on his own for example

From today’s NY Times -

The presidential line of succession, laid out in a 1947 law, falls first to Mr. Pence. If he were to become too ill to carry out the duties of the president, the House speaker, Nancy Pelosi, would step in. Ms. Pelosi has been tested and is waiting for her results. After Ms. Pelosi, Senator Chuck Grassley, currently the Senate President Pro Tem, would step in. Next in line is the Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo. Mr. Pompeo said Friday that he tested negative and feels fine. Should Mr. Pompeo fall ill, the Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, would step in. Mr. Mnuchin’s spokeswoman tweeted on Friday that he too tested negative. (An earlier version of this article omitted the Senate President Pro Tem.)

Left unclear is how it is decided that a president is too ill to perform his duties.

The 25th Amendment was intended to deal with any ambiguity about who leads the government when a president cannot. If the president becomes sick and the cabinet determines that he or she is unable to perform the office’s duties, the amendment grants the administration the power to temporarily transfer authority to the vice president. Once the president deems himself fit, he can reclaim the power of the presidency.

Other U.S. presidents have fallen seriously ill while in office — George Washington was feared close to death during a flu outbreak and Woodrow Wilson was gravely ill during peace talks after World War I in Paris — and four have died of natural causes while in office. Four others were assassinated.

kane

EOG master
The question now becomes, how many others have they infected, since no one around them wears a mask there's a good chance they've passed it onto others. I'm surprised the WH didn't try to cover the whole thing up and call it fake news, I guess they figured something this big couldn't be lied about and would have leaked anyway

mr merlin

EOG Master
The question now becomes, how many others have they infected, since no one around them wears a mask there's a good chance they've passed it onto others. I'm surprised the WH didn't try to cover the whole thing up and call it fake news, I guess they figured something this big couldn't be lied about and would have leaked anyway
the good news is in a couple weeks when he's better he never has to wear a mask again.Right?

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
His recovery time could take a month, he is older.

Now what will older Republican voters do?

Hold on and wait to see and vote in person on election day? Are they gonna stay home?

Mail-in ballots are cool now all of a sudden??

So many questions

Anyone care to answer some of them

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
I am pretty sure he is gonna take one of the vaccines and if he recovers ...BOOM...

'there is your vaccine everybody...I tested it myself!!!'

He could turn this into a positive ( no pun intended)

But knowing Trump he will fukk it up. LOL

Trump is:

Obese

Senile

Mentally ill

Too feeble to drink water with one hand hand

Stupid

Sick with Covid

So much winning

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Biden tested negative. Fingers are crossed.

Herman Cain died after attending an indoor Trump rally in Oklahoma. A RepubliCon super spreader event.

So much winning.

kane

EOG master
Biden will win so bigly that trump and his sheep wont be able to use voter fraud as an excuse, when you lose by four TD's you can't blame the refs