TVG handicappers receive horrible grades

parlaynow

EOG Dedicated
Over the years I have been watching TVG Handicappers...grades simply not good..

Scott Hazelton - simply can't pick winners. Mostly a blow hard and lucky he made it over when TVG took over the other horse network ..D-

Perrloff - call his Chalkloff...loves the chalk and outdated angles..king of Monday and Tuesdays..horrible..D

Gaby Gaudet - easy on the eyes..but can't pick winners

Caton Bredar - decent with horse body language..a little more chunkier than Gaudet..C-

Matt Carruthers - usually doesn't pick chalk and a good capper..only drawback is that he's streaky..

Todd Schrup..just a suck up to most of the heavy hiiters who run the network...ass kisser...D

Simon Bray - former horse trainer. A little streaky at times. C-

Christina Blacker - married a horse trainer...average capper...C

Move to Fox sports 1 better cappers over there ..

Last edited by a moderator:

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
What happened to Les Onaka, the guy that handicapped Los Al? He seemed pretty good, if a bit too chalky.

parlaynow

EOG Dedicated
Oh Britney Eurton her daddy Eurton.... horse trainer..easy on the eyes..thin frame...doesn't give out any picks at times...B-

parlaynow

EOG Dedicated
Les is great at Los Alamitos....but had some health issues approx 2-3 years ago

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Les is great at Los Alamitos....but had some health issues approx 2-3 years ago

Les swept the card one night at Los Alamitos in 2002.

Nine races, nine winners.

Every one of the winners went favored.

Four of the nine winners were odds-on favorites.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Over the years I have been watching TVG Handicappers...grades simply not good..

Scott Hazelton - simply can't pick winners. Mostly a blow hard and lucky he made it over when TVG took over the other horse network ..D-

Perrloff - call his Chalkloff...loves the chalk and outdated angles..king of Monday and Tuesdays..horrible..D

Gaby Gaudet - easy on the eyes..but can't pick winners

Caton Bredar - decent with horse body language..a little more chunkier than Gaudet..C-

Matt Carruthers - usually doesn't pick chalk and a good capper..only drawback is that he's streaky..

Todd Schrup..just a suck up to most of the heavy hiiters who run the network...ass kisser...D

Simon Bray - former horse trainer. A little streaky at times. C-

Christina Blacker - married a horse trainer...average capper...C

Move to Fox sports 1 better cappers over there ..

PARLAYNOW is a tough critic.

His father was one of the most accomplished NFL scouts in the history of the game.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
PARLAYNOW mentioned the handicappers on FS1.

I like the opinions of Andy Serling and Jonathon Kinchen.

Serling comes from the Andy Beyer/Steve Crist school.

Highly opinionated, smart and a bit sassy.

Kinchen talks like a serious handicapper and gambler.

blueline

EOG Master
who might tell ,me something I dont know...from years ago since I dont watch TVG now

Metzler/Bredar
Hazelton
maybe Bray

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I assume TVG handicappers are taught to support every horse in every race.

Very rarely do you hear any TVG handicapper putting a serious knock on a horse.

After all, you don't want to talk anyone out of making a bet when your bottom line is affected by account holders.

blueline

EOG Master
Ray Metzler's daughter..., mother was the daughter of Ted Atkinson.....not one person around the barn could stand" daddy's little princess"

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I wish I had a dollar for every time Caton said the horse is "on its toes and looks ready to run."

Not. A. Serious. Gambler.

alldaycapper

EOG Veteran
Britney Eurton is a reporter not a handicapper nor does she claim to be. She’s as nice as her smile. Have talked to her several times at the track.

alldaycapper

EOG Veteran
As for the others they are all suck ups. None of them are standing up for horse racing at the moment. Perloff is the worst, He follows Greta Thunberg. He’s TVG’s version of creepy Joe.

blueline

EOG Master
If carruthers is solid he's the tallest midget.
Tries to make everything linear.
Doesnt understand horses win off the shelf.
Maybe that all has changed in recent years..if so strike my comments.

blueline

EOG Master
I remember bray insisting betting a horse going long next start after a sprint debut was a bad bet....dont think I buy that .
Maybe using his training ability that could be true.

blueline

EOG Master
Wouldn't be interesred in brays picks...just his random thoughts on training etc.
Same reason I wouldn't mute goofontheroof or sarge.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
This is the right answer

Caleb at Keenland you can add

Good call with Caleb Keller.

He has come a long way in a short period of time.

Very comprehensive in his approach.

He takes his handicapping very seriously.

Caleb will be a fabulous horse racing historian in 20-30 years.

Patkeats

EOG Enthusiast
I’ll listen to Carothers, the rest of tvg no thanks, Caton always lands on the favorite. Fox sports much better, even Maggie in the paddock will give out some good info, Acacia Courtney is a total smoke show, and a great personality, met her down at Gulfstream. She wasn’t to bad a capper down there, don’t think she really gives out plays at Belmont/Churchhill.

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master
Acacia on fs1 is my crush, but Eurton is a hottie too.

I am able to completely tune out the audio/analysis from the TVG guys. I do like Serling’s analysis, though every now and then he likes to land on a horse to play contrarian against a favorite he doesn’t like that still doesn’t support the horse he lands on at all.

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
I did research 3-4 years ago and tracked TVG picks for 2ish months.

I got threatening messages from the exec producer.... and I met several of the personalities at Saratoga, who said that people are upset and calling me an asshole. Joaquin told me he was happy about it though... very interesting.

I was blocked by more than half of the personalities (they aren’t cappers)

I will forever hate caleb Keller cause he married my dream girl. (kaitlin free... so gorgeous)

Megan something is a decent capper. She used to work at Santa Anita but is on TVG2 now. She finds some decent shots

The main host is the biggest ass kisser, and the worst capper I’ve ever seen. I can’t remember his name as I got rid of that POS channel...

most are so bad, and they all had losing records.

Valuist

EOG Master
PARLAYNOW mentioned the handicappers on FS1.

I like the opinions of Andy Serling and Jonathon Kinchen.

Serling comes from the Andy Beyer/Steve Crist school.

Highly opinionated, smart and a bit sassy.

Kinchen talks like a serious handicapper and gambler.

I question how serious a handicapper Kinchen is. He seems to get too engrossed in horses he has bet before, either positively or negatively.

Serling and Nick Tammaro for NYRA. Tammaro is usually on Fridays on Steve Byk's show on XM 204.