TVG handicappers receive horrible grades

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
By the way, the best handicapper that works for the tracks is David Aragona from nyra... he’s the ML maker and also does write ups everyday. He is the only handicapper who’s opinion I consider at all.

mr.inpak

EOG Enthusiast
love to ask the question are any of these handicappers on tvg ahead life time I remember when john kelley had matt carothers on his show asked him if he was up lifetime betting horses he said yes hard for me to believe and i think he is the best handicapper on tvg

Valuist

EOG Master
Andy Serling is as good as any racing commentator out there. In 7th race today at Belmont, Jose Ortiz on the 11 horse comes out and bumps the 12 three separate times in the stretch. At any other track, this is a no-brainer DQ. But as Serling pointed out, the New York stewards don't seem to feel herding is a problem, and they continue to allow it to happen. Sure enough, after a lengthy inquiry and foul claim, the result stands.

blueline

EOG Master
that outcome was determined by what jurisdiction the race was in...I would have taken her down but I didnt expect her to come down

fifty cint

EOG Dedicated
Andy Serling is as good as any racing commentator out there. In 7th race today at Belmont, Jose Ortiz on the 11 horse comes out and bumps the 12 three separate times in the stretch. At any other track, this is a no-brainer DQ. But as Serling pointed out, the New York stewards don't seem to feel herding is a problem, and they continue to allow it to happen. Sure enough, after a lengthy inquiry and foul claim, the result stands.

I thought for sure 11 was coming down there....dodged a bullet

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

I hit the rolling double ending in Friday's seventh race at Belmont Park.

Felt fortunate to have the stewards ignore the interference.

Some strong Pick 3 tickets ending in the seventh race used both #11 and #12 (while ignoring #7).

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
Cosf me

I am still pissed about that... a week later.

I had the 12 singled in 2 pick 5s and the pick 6. Everything else won easily

i understand they argument that the nyra stewards allow herding, but they bumped 3 times and Rosario checked twice. 12 was going right by him. When do they say enough is enough

Valuist

EOG Master
Cosf me

I am still pissed about that... a week later.

I had the 12 singled in 2 pick 5s and the pick 6. Everything else won easily

i understand they argument that the nyra stewards allow herding, but they bumped 3 times and Rosario checked twice. 12 was going right by him. When do they say enough is enough

It was a tough beat but until the stewards start penalizing herding riders, nothing will change.

dfish

EOG Addicted
This new Fanduel tv is horseshit
quarter of the screen is stale odds
no result ticker …

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Good call, DFISH.

And the embarrassingly bad sports betting segments with tips from mostly female presenters are an affront to every serious gambler in the viewing audience.

MrTop

EOG Master
This new Fanduel tv is horseshit
quarter of the screen is stale odds
no result ticker …

WOW I did not know that. That should be live. Better odds / payouts will get people to bet along with access to a reduced-price racing form. The stores by me don't sell the racing form what?!

Last edited: