Two questions...

VegasMike01

EOG Addicted
1.) When posting recently at this site the browser will completely freeze. I will have to close IE and the post will not submit. Is anyone else having these problems?

2.) Where is The Shrink? I havent seen him offline for this long in ages...

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
I haven't heard from anyone else about that problem Mike.

Shrink has family obligations currently.

X

xpanda

VegasMike01 said:
1.) When posting recently at this site the browser will completely freeze. I will have to close IE and the post will not submit. Is anyone else having these problems?

We've made some changes today to the backend setup in hopes that we could solve the problem (that had happened to me, too) and speed up the site in general.

Email me if you have further problems: tanya@eog.com

Thanks!

VegasMike01

EOG Addicted
xpanda said:
We've made some changes today to the backend setup in hopes that we could solve the problem (that had happened to me, too) and speed up the site in general.

Email me if you have further problems: tanya@eog.com

Thanks!

Hey Tanya, it is actually happening every time I try to post a reply in that line services thread... if its on purpose just let me know so I stop trying to post... if not, then it has happened 6-7 times in the last 10 minutes.

VegasMike01

EOG Addicted
If it helps to track down the problem, every time it froze on me I was trying to quote Wantit; on the second page of the thread 'Do you need a line service to win'

At first I thought it was SBRs lines freezing my computer, but I closed out of them and it still persisted. Thanks.

X

xpanda

Are you having this problem when you quoted my post above? What about when you're not quoting at all?

(Nobody's trying to keep you out of the line services thread, though that's an idea I may note for later ... :D )

VegasMike01

EOG Addicted
xpanda said:
Are you having this problem when you quoted my post above? What about when you're not quoting at all?

(Nobody's trying to keep you out of the line services thread, though that's an idea I may note for later ... :D )

Quoting in here wasnt a problem. The other was 2 pages, and Wantit; seems to be long winded though. Maybe you should try to quote his post on page 2. See if it happens to you.

X

xpanda

Happened to me, too.

I'm going to go on a wee rampage and quote different size posts, different posters, see if I can pinpoint what the error might be.

Strange.

X

xpanda

I tried quoting a long post by Rick in the same thread and was frozen. So the problem is specifically quoting long posts. Not good.

I can't even imagine what might be causing that ... time to pull out the manual!

X

xpanda

Mike, quoting long posts is fine via Firefox. I'd recommend using that for now until we figure out what the problem is.

The other was 2 pages, and Wantit; seems to be long winded though. Maybe you should try to quote his post on page 2. See if it happens to you. :D :D :D

That is why I go on and on, I don't like having people constantly quoting me. I know what I said, and I am lucid enough to know what people are refering to if they make a comment that fits with my post.

Xpanda..I was wondering what test firefox was, I thought you wanted me to check out some loine service named firfox. Luckilly I didn't do a google search for it. Maybe I am not as lucid as I thought :cocktail